What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking further ahead - we forfeit game 3

RABK

Referee
NSW Side Game I 2008

1. Anthony Minichiello
2. Jarryd Hayne
3. Mark Gasnier
4. Ben Pomeroy/Michael Jennings/Dean Collis
5. Brett Morris
6. Todd Carney
7. Jarrod Mullen
8. Ben Cross
9. Robbie Farah
10. Willie Mason (c)
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Paul Gallen
13. Ben Creagh

14. Anthony Laffranchi
15. Michael Weyman
16. Cory Patterson
17. Greg Bird

Question - if Feleti Mateo chooses to play for Australia will he be eligible for Blues selection? If so....

NSW Side Game I 2008

1. Anthony Minichiello
2. Jarryd Hayne
3. Mark Gasnier
4. Ben Pomeroy/Michael Jennings/Dean Collis
5. Brett Morris
6. Todd Carney
7. Jarrod Mullen
8. Ben Cross
9. Robbie Farah
10. Willie Mason (c)
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Paul Gallen
13. Ben Creagh

14. Anthony Laffranchi
15. Michael Weyman
16. Feleti Mateo
17. Greg Bird

Dutchy

Immortal
We still have to save ourselves some embarrasment and not lose 3-0 in 07

f**k 2008

Misanthrope

Staff member
Mason isn't captaincy material. For every impassioned speech he produces, he makes a junior reporter cry or flips off a crowd member. That kind of passion is great for Origin, but not for press conferences. Somebody like Andrew Ryan would be better.

Mr Saab

Referee
Ben Cross is aggressive and wont take a backward step.
Better suited for origin that White or Kite.

As for forfeiting, it could be a good idea...could be a repeat of 2000 game three...this time the opposite way

RABK

Referee
ShadesOfTheSun said:

Only forward who actually made a single hit up that was longer then 10 metres and actually got a rare quick play the ball. Mason was the only NSW forward who showed ticker in that Second half.

I, unlike some, think he is captain material. It was him barking orders in the second half. Not Kimmorley, not Buderus.

Eddie. said:
Ben Cross haha

Size, Mungrel....forwards can't all be young. I rate him as someone who owuldn't take a backwards step and capable of putting someone like Civoneceva on their ass and changing the game.

Eddie. said:
weyman, wow

i know its time for changes but lets not get too carried away

Alway rated him. Once again, size, mungrel and a big, big heart. Born to play Origin.

RABK

Referee
CWBush said:
Mason isn't captaincy material. For every impassioned speech he produces, he makes a junior reporter cry or flips off a crowd member. That kind of passion is great for Origin, but not for press conferences. Somebody like Andrew Ryan would be better.

Can't agree at all.

Mason was talking when Buderus certianly wasn't. Only forward to dent the line all night.
Ryan was Canterbury captain in the 04 grand final... it was Mason who took the on field leadership role though and won the clive churchill medal.

Mason would be a fine captain. Ryan just played either his last or second last Origin game.

Mal Meninga

Bench
Luke Douglas is a good young prop although he's in the mould of Brett White which may be a little too mobile/not hard enough for Origin. Ben Cross goes hard but Origin?

If Thom Learoyd-Lahrs could just stay injury free... he'd tear QLD a new one on the fringes.

RABK

Referee
TLL i rate but i haven't seen much of him this year. Like Weyman though - if he's fit he's a walk up start IMO.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Mason was talking when Buderus certianly wasn't. Only forward to dent the line all night.

From what I could see, Buderus was leading by example. I didn't see Mason doing a great deal of that.

Pigskin

Juniors
Ben Cross would be ideal for Origin ... he just oozes that mentality that he could go crazy on the big stage ... Qld pick this type of player all the time ... NSW don't

I said in another thread ... Fui Fui is another of that ilk ... but he is a kiwi apparantly ... imagine him coming off the bench ... eek

Oink !

RABK

Referee
Am i the only Newcastle fan that can admit Buderus isn't up to Origin anymore and needs to step aside for Farah?

Buderus leading by example - name one run he made? He defended well...but so did Cam Smith. Cam Smith actually ran the ball though and made a lot of metres.

For the 5th Origin in a row, Smith outplayed Buderus. Buderus is captain of a Blues side that showed no heart - he's gotta take some of the fall.

Johns Magic

Referee
Red and Blue Knight said:
Am i the only Newcastle fan that can admit Buderus isn't up to Origin anymore and needs to step aside for Farah?

Buderus leading by example - name one run he made? He defended well...but so did Cam Smith. Cam Smith actually ran the ball though and made a lot of metres.

For the 5th Origin in a row, Smith outplayed Buderus. Buderus is captain of a Blues side that showed no heart - he's gotta take some of the fall.

Buderus shouldn't be picked ahead of Farah, because without any quality halves we need all the creative spark we can get.

To say that Buderus isn't up to Origin anymore though is a cop-out. I'm willing to believe that the lack of dummy-half runs was partly a result of tactics and partly a result of the extremely slow rucks allowed by Hayne, which Queensland took full advantage of.

At club level Buderus is as good out of dummy-half as he has ever been.

Buderus shouldn't be chosen for tactical reasons...not because he's not a good enough player.

Misanthrope

Staff member

Saying something isn't an admission unless it's a truth. You're expressing an opinion.

Latest posts