What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking further ahead - we forfeit game 3

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Red and Blue Knight said:
Am i the only Newcastle fan that can admit Buderus isn't up to Origin anymore and needs to step aside for Farah?

Buderus leading by example - name one run he made? He defended well...but so did Cam Smith. Cam Smith actually ran the ball though and made a lot of metres.

For the 5th Origin in a row, Smith outplayed Buderus. Buderus is captain of a Blues side that showed no heart - he's gotta take some of the fall.

Buderus has been a great servant, but his time is now up.

Glad you can call it how you see it, despite supporting Newcastle. I for one, am sick of Buderus receiving plaudits, no mater how he plays.

Defending is not enough anymore, we need creativity and he doesn't have it.

RABK

Referee
Oh and i'm in no way a Buderus bagger.

The man captained NSW to 3 consecutive series wins, has played 17 Origins and will probably make an all time Blues side if he was to retire tomorrow.

Every player has his time though, He'll be remembered as a champion by both NSW and QLD fans.

CWB and Johns Magic - Farah is a better player. 90% of League fans will tell you that. The other 10% are Newcastle fans. ;-)

Misanthrope

Staff member
1: Brett Stewart
2: Jarryd Hayne
3: Mark Gasnier
4: Matt King
5: Eric Grothe Jr
6: Jarrod Mullen
7: Matt Orford
8: Joel Clinton (a Bronco, he'll be in form)
9: Robbie Farah
10: Jason Ryles
11: Willie Mason (c)
12: Nathan Hindmarsh
13: Greg Bird

14: Luke Douglas
15: Kurt Gidley
16: Anthony Watmough
17: Mark O'Meley

Yegads. I literally couldn't find another captaincy option in that lineup.

Coach: Craig Bellamy

Misanthrope

Staff member
CWB and Johns Magic - Farah is a better player. 90% of League fans will tell you that. The other 10% are Newcastle fans.

I find it hard to believe that 10% of all NRL fans worldwide support Newcastle >_>

I don't think Farah is a better player. I think he's a different player and a representative quality player. He's creative in spades, but he's nowhere near Buderus as a defender or a leader. We clearly need a creative hooker, though, and for that reason - Farah needs the job in 2008.

Johns Magic

Referee
CWB and Johns Magic - Farah is a better player. 90% of League fans will tell you that. The other 10% are Newcastle fans. ;-)

It's funny how quickly you change your tune after a couple of losses. Excuse me if I don't base my opinion on two games when the entire NSW side offered nothing.

RABK

Referee
I guess i'm the only one who rates Weyman. I think he has Origin written all over him.

QLD would pick him.

RABK

Referee
Johns Magic said:
It's funny how quickly you change your tune after a couple of losses. Excuse me if I don't base my opinion on two games when the entire NSW side offered nothing.

I stated in several threads before and after game 1 that Farah is a better player but wouldn't be selected ahead of Buderus.

You're not normally one to talk out of your ass but your post above should be written in brown...

RABK

Referee
Oh and Johns Magic... search the forums all you like as you always do trying to win arguments, i'll find more quotes of me saying Farah is the better player closer to todays date then you will of me saying Buderus is superior.

badav

Bench
Mal Meninga said:
Luke Douglas is a good young prop although he's in the mould of Brett White which may be a little too mobile/not hard enough for Origin. Ben Cross goes hard but Origin?

If Thom Learoyd-Lahrs could just stay injury free... he'd tear QLD a new one on the fringes.

Tom Learoyd Lahrs pledged his loyalty to queensland two years ago.

Pigskin

Juniors
badav said:
Tom Learoyd Lahrs pledged his loyalty to queensland two years ago.

I don't believe this to be the case ... from memory only, he was a difficult case and deemed to be a blue

Oink !

Michael Weyman - is he not a Queenslander ?

Willie Mason a captain ? Dear God, the big lump can hardly string a coherant sentence together never mind being captain of his state.

A good captain is respected. I fail to see how anyone can have respect for William Mason - boofhead.

Johns Magic

Referee
I stated in several threads before and after game 1 that Farah is a better player but wouldn't be selected ahead of Buderus.

You're not normally one to talk out of your ass but your post above should be written in brown...

I wasn't questioning whether or not you rate Farah over Buderus.

But before these two matches you said "Buderus is a match winner - the old style of Origin player and one of only a few left."

But apparently after those two games, he's not up to it anymore.

RABK

Referee
I was responding to a Tigers fan that said Buderus is not a match winner.

Nowhere does that quote suggest that i think Buderus is up to Origin anymore. It doesn't hint either way, simply expressing how i feel Buderus plays with a lot of toughness.

Even i did think Buderus was 'up to it' before this series two Origin games is like 20 club games - plenty of time to see if a player is up to at all or up to it anymore.

Farah.

6. Barrett

7. Mullen

9. Farah

Make it happen.

If i was a NSW selector and wanted to win this Origin Series i would select Robbie Farah as starting Hooker.

The top 5 players in the world has changed a bit in the past year i think you'll find Gasnier, Johns, Minichiello, Hindmarsh and Buderus are out of there.

1. Jonathan Thurston
2. Justin Hodges
3. Darren Lockyer
4. Robbie Farah
5. Cameron Smith

That'd be my top 5 players in the world...players like Hindmarsh, SBW and Mason not far behind. Of course that could change after this years Origin series though.

Yeh i'm a Knights fan and i don't agree with a lot of what the Tiger fans are saying about Buderus but Farah can do everything Buderus can on a footy field and then a whole lot more.

They will select Buderus though and he'll probably go onto be NSW's best just to make me look like an idiot.

Yup, i've said it for quite a while too.

It's no slight on Buderus but at this stage of their respective careers Farah is the superior player.

I think it's clear who i've rated the best player in recent history.

Nullajet

Juniors
1. Stewart / Minichiello if fit
2. hayne
3. Cooper
4. Pomeroy (laugh if you will but he is out there performning each week)
5. Stewart (or King if Mini is out)
6. Bird (tough AND creative)
7. kimmorley (not the long term answer but deserves it on game 2....no dramas for me if they return Mullen for experience though.....Noddy was NSW best game 2 my opiniuon but no huge fan of the guy)
8. Bailey
9. Farah (Budurus was restricted and i believe a better player than was allowed to be but farah is the future)
10. Mason
11. Gallen
12. Hindmarsh ( for the entire 80 minutes!!!)
13. Ryan
14. Watmough
15. Hoffman
16. O'Meley
17. Simpson

yeah no backs as reserves......too bad we dont have the talent and if we lose thru backs........stiff crackers......Gaz is back next year

Raider_69

Post Whore
All fit and healthy:

1. Stewart: Harsh on mini i know, but he's had his time in the sun, Stewart is the future
2. Hayne: Has given a good account of himself in both games, THAT pass aside
3. Gasnier: Not a 5/8ths merkin, but a damn fine centre
4. King: Better centre, not a winger by any means
5. No idea... go for a Eric Grothe or maybe Matt King again and have Collis at centre
6. Carney: Dislike him if you must, but respect the blokes ability, he can dominate a game like no other young NSW half, he is a game breaker one of the best ball running halves going. Great kicking game too
7. Mullen: Ordinary game 1 but he is a star of the future, he and Carney are NSW's future. He and Todd have played together before and are actually good mates aswell, they compliment each others games. Both can mix and match at half and 5/8th giving us a new dimension
8. O'Meley: Need someone starting the game with some mungrel and aggression, we've sorely missed it this series
9. Farah: No disrespect to Buderus, great player, but its Farah's time now. Bedsy can retire from rep footy, head held high.
10. White: Stick with him i recon, he'll do ok, he has his confidence dented by Murray, by next year he'll be itching to prove his worth
11. Anthony Watmough: I thought he was good in his first outing and is a very strong player. Aggressive to boot.
12. Willie Mason (c): He has the passion for NSW that QLDers are born with, and NSW struggle to capture. Give him the C and watch him carry blokes with him to this level
13. Alan Tongue: Dallas Johnson proved that small men can make it in Origin footy, Tongue is a tackling machine, and his footwork and dummy half work can catch tiring forward napping

14. Anthony Laffranchi: Very under-rated player, was unlucky to miss out this year imo
15. Michael Weyman/Thom Learoyd-Lahrs: Which ever is fit and in form, as i doubt both will be at once ( :lol: ) but both play the same role, strong ball runner, aggressive defence and able to promote the ball for 2nd phase. Impact from the bench personified
16. Feleti Mateo: Like Carney and Mullen, he is part of the future of NSW, get him in there asap
17. Greg Bird: Another future staple of the blues, did well in limited time game 1, will be better for the experience

Raider_69

Post Whore
Ghoulies said:
Well 1.5 years ago TLL clearly stated that he was a Blue.

I can't find you a quote, but I'm 100% sure that he changed his mind after coming to the Raiders.

spot on, it was revealed he is infact a blue and has said he wants to play for them
i think he is one of those who could be make a case for both sides, who ever picks him first will get the nod from him

Latest posts