What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looks Like we DO have a SILVERMAN!!

denis preston

First Grade
I hope to GOD we can hang onto this fella!!

Id hate to see a repeat of JT mark 2 when Brownie rejected him for being too small.....how did that work out for us hmm??

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/the-mo...thurston/a86cd6a7-7716-4f1f-9aec-c6f28dcac5b4

JUST what this kid needs at present, comparisons at 17 to a future immortal !! These player managers are leeches. This could be a good test for our pathways program in how it helps ( or not ) keep our promising juniors in our system.

BLM01

First Grade
Geez...how many next superstars or JT's are out there. Potentially evevryone is!
They give that superstar label out like junk mail.
I want someone to tell me who is the real no 6 or 7 superstar in the game?..I havent seen one yet who would be rated as good as the JT's Joeys, Fittlers and Lockyers yet.
Ponga..no.... would be as a No 1, not as a No 6 yet.

I suppose they got the Tiger Woods prediction right when he was playing golf at 2,3 & 4 years of age

Last edited:

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Don't worry about the knockers Non.
Thats what they do.
Dragons retention has been pretty good for a few years now.

Since 2014 (the beginning of the McGregor era), the club has lost the following: Morris, Merrin, Dugan, Bird, AU Mau and Thompson.

You can add Widdop to that list.

I wouldn’t describe the situation as “good”.

BLM01

First Grade
Since 2014 (the beginning of the McGregor era), the club has lost the following: Morris, Merrin, Dugan, Bird, AU Mau and Thompson.

You can add Widdop to that list.

I wouldn’t describe the situation as “good”.
1. As much as I hated losing him got offered too much money and achieved no more there but agree that one hurt.
2. No way..got overpaid by the Panthers and look how that all turned out. Good decision by the club
3. As No 2 above..too injury prone for 800K + a year and too slow to play the ball
4. It seemed that way 2 years ago when he won the comp...but now?
5 & 6. Both in their NRL twilight and we have ample replacements for 6 and coming through for 5
7. Widdop at 29..agree wanted him to stay but..Norman may end of proving like for like value for money.

Now JJG...go through every club and you can make a list of players they should'nt of let go
The Dragons are not the worst by far. Try Tigers. Parramatta, Bulldogs for starters

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
1. As much as I hated losing him got offered too much money and achieved no more there but agree that one hurt.
2. No way..got overpaid by the Panthers and look how that all turned out. Good decision by the club
3. As No 2 above..too injury prone for 800K + a year and too slow to play the ball
4. It seemed that way 2 years ago when he won the comp...but now?
5 & 6. Both in their NRL twilight and we have ample replacements for 6 and coming through for 5
7. Widdop at 29..agree wanted him to stay but..Norman may end of proving like for like value for money.

Now JJG...go through every club and you can make a list of players they should'nt of let go
The Dragons are not the worst by far. Try Tigers. Parramatta, Bulldogs for starters

If I may....

1. the problem with Morris’s defection (besides his renown try scoring ability) is that the club has STILL failed in procuring someone else remotely near his skill level. Nabuli, Mann, MacDonald???? Please. Now, the Dragons have turned to allegedly highly gifted, yet grossly inexperienced wingers: Pearson and Rawalawa. Give me an aging Brett Morris with two broken legs than relying on so called “potential”.

2. Merrin’s career was curtailed by the absurd decision to move him to lock. I doubt Bennett would’ve done it. He will be remembered as someone who didn’t scale the heights commensurate to his ability

3. allow me a rhetorical question...putting aside the money aspect, you would you want in the centres, Dugan or Aitken?

4. I agree Bird’s career is at the crossroads after a difficult 2018, however he is still young and provided he gets past his proclivity towards injury, there’s no reason why he can’t return back to the form which gained him SOO representation.

5:6. a re-signed Latimore or Au Mau/Thompson....you do the figuring out.

(I forgot to mention Packer)

7. your faith in Norman may be misguided as I don’t have much faith in someone who plays one good game followed by several poor ones.

If not for injury, Widdop would have claimed a brace of Dally M’s by now.

What other clubs do apropos retention is their own beeswax. I simply do not care.

Latest posts