What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lote Tuqiri signs with Wests Tigers

Special K

Coach
People need to stop being such haters.

Lote will be a good buy however he is not and will not be a fullback.

BIKER_DRAGON

Juniors
iqvgi9.jpg

The same thing was said on Sydney radio station 2MMM on their 11am newsbreak.

Chook Norris

First Grade
The media has gone off speculating; either way, 400k would be an absolute waste for a bloke who hasn't played the game so long.. 300k... MAX if even that.

Well at least it won't be as bad as AFL's cutie signing.. :lol:

chrisc101

Juniors
Geez some people are fools on here. It is a great thing! Sure it is a full price to pay for an outside back but if anyone has watched Lote for NSW over the last few years will know how devastating this guy can be.

And as for the guy who suggested that Tigers go back to 6 games each at Leich/Campb, don't you like getting 34,000 to your home matches?

1.Mullaney/Moltzen
2.Lote
3.Ayshford
4.Lawrence
5.Tuiaki
no way i would play lote at fb (has he even played there at nrl level??)
Ayshford> Lote until Lote prooves himself at nrl level again after being away from the game for so long

simmo1

First Grade
He would repay every cent in the publicity and crowds he brings to the Tigers.

Even if he is only half as good as he was when he left, he'd still be better than most of the fullbacks in the comp anyway.

Tiger5150

Bench
I had the same understanding as you. That it is $150,000 per yr across the whole squad.

It would be good if the people saying that's incorrect would back it up with some information.

This 100% incorrect. The key point is whether the 3rd party is an existing sponsor or not. Existing (or linked) sponsors can contribute up to $500K ($150K per player) over the cap. Completely seperate and unlinkable companies can pay what ever they want.

It all started with Craig Wings stint with Foxtel.

If a player at the Tigers can attract a sponsorship of his own bat with say.....Qantas, good luck to him if it works for both of them, but that same player is limited as to how much Proton could pay him.

Glenn

Raider_69

Post Whore
Im interested to hear Everlovin Antichrist's thoughts on this
i imagine they would be similar to mine if canberra signed a league convert.

Dirty.

innsaneink

Referee
As mentioned earlier lote denies making the deal

He has to, and WTs have to...to toe the NRLs line.
Three years from march or so....I guess this will be another player whos salary equates to a mortgage on a possy in the top team.
Hopefully it does though signal a start - or should i say the second after Gareth Ellis - for more top line recruits to WTs in coming seasons

Stagger eel

Staff member
well done Tigers...the ridiculous part is that when the Tigers finally announce his signing in March, we're all supposed to act surprised..lol

meltiger

First Grade
I can't stand the fact that we play hardly no games at our traditional grounds.

8 of 12 is "hardly any" ? :roll:

Geez, one of the good things the clyb has done is increase the amount of games at the traditional venues nest year.

As leichhardt & Cambelltown get brought to viable status, the club will move more games back there.

*edit, excuse my spelling, still learning the keyboard on my new laptop.

legend

Coach
I will bookmark this for future reference.

Please do sir!

Please also remember I have more doubts over his defence as I think the games current backs are much faster than he is. He may do ok in attack but guys like Inglis, Slater, Hayne, Jennings, Morris x 2 et al will run rings around him in open space.

meltiger

First Grade
Im interested to hear Everlovin Antichrist's thoughts on this
i imagine they would be similar to mine if canberra signed a league convert.

Dirty.

Which is all part of the amusement of the tigers possibly signing a 'traitor'

Will he cheer of Lote scores the winning try in the GF? Or be true to his beliefs....

Fui!!!

Juniors
A maximum of 50K can be used on 3rd party deals.

So 350K for Tuqiri. If he reproduces his pre-union form, I think it's worth it.

But they also got J.Cayless. Did they get Lima as well? Gee that would be a good side.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
8 of 12 is "hardly any" ? :roll:

Geez, one of the good things the clyb has done is increase the amount of games at the traditional venues nest year.

As leichhardt & Cambelltown get brought to viable status, the club will move more games back there.

*edit, excuse my spelling, still learning the keyboard on my new laptop.

It was six last year. I was referring to previous years, not next year.

As for people blasting the signing because he's a "traitor", get f**ked. Who cares. He went and played Union for some extra money, big whoop.