What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lote

Vic Mackey

Referee
meeting with the Tigers went well by the way Tweeps.. Tiger fans should be happy with who u have running your club..

Lote's latest quote....

We'll have plenty of coin left for lima or cayless imo

hahaa ive been following him on twitter aswell, hoping for him to give a clue on what his doing. his latest said something about how leichhardt oval is the best nrl ground, it seems promising!

westie

Bench
Realistically Lote should pay for himself. Unfortunately numbnuts up at the NRL hasn't worked out how to make that work within a cap system.

ucantseeme

Juniors
Realistically Lote should pay for himself

Not sure about that. With the 3rd party sponsorships, considering he was sacked from the ARU for alledgedly bringing women back to his hotel room, I doubt they'll be lining up to be associated with him. I know the Dragons had a surge in membership that many attributed to Wayne coming in. But I don't think Lote is as revered in league circles as Wayne. That said if a few new sponsors come on board with the club then great.

gallagher

Juniors
Not sure about that. With the 3rd party sponsorships, considering he was sacked from the ARU for alledgedly bringing women back to his hotel room, I doubt they'll be lining up to be associated with him. I know the Dragons had a surge in membership that many attributed to Wayne coming in. But I don't think Lote is as revered in league circles as Wayne. That said if a few new sponsors come on board with the club then great.

Sponsors and fans dont give a toss about off field indescresions like his. He'll bring in more money than he'll cost us.

If we are winning it wouldn't matter if Tuqiri was there or not, the fans will come.

That's what i meant by "regardless"... But like nomarg said....we will have a backline to be reckoned with and should be a top 4 team next year..

This is very smart by the club to be signing a player like this at this time of the year.. I think this is the most excited I've been after the actual season without winning the premiership..

Bring on '10 already......

nomarg

Could be our missing link- i think 100% he will come-

I wont bet my balls on it- but I'm sure we will see him in a tigers jersley next year...

N.C.

Juniors
It's like '05 all over again. I know it could happen, but I just can't bear to look...

Mascot Tiger

Juniors
If and when Lote signs for us i believe it will bring more players to us, because as we all know quite decent / good players want to play with stars and well know football players

Martinplace

Juniors
Making the semis might help attract players too

I agree, I am not sure why Lote was punted from ARU, but you don't punt your "super stars", he has been past his best for quite sometime now, he will produce some times, but not very often, I am thinking we signed him up to take everyones thoughts away from another dud season.

Making the semis is the only way to attract good talent, I still think on paper we had a better team of players than the EELs, but what happened to us? We folded again (mid seasn & the end). It has shown that it is madness to keep your coaching staff on long term contracts, perhaps a few exceptions.

I only hope Folkes is here for 2010 to step up & take over in 2011.