What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lote

nomarg

Queensland Reds look to exploit legal loophole and sign Lote Tuqiri

By Andrew Hamilton
October 07, 2009 Former Wallabies coach John Connolly is behind an audacious plot to exploit a legal loophole and recruit Lote Tuqiri to play for Queensland Reds.
Tuqiri was sacked by the Australian Rugby Union in July and is unable to be registered as a professional rugby player in Australia but can still play as an amateur.
It is understood Connolly's proposal involves Tuqiri signing on for the Reds as an amateur while receiving a salary from a third-party benefactor.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,26175417-23217,00.html

This is old news- the reds have gone on record to say they are not after LOTE.......

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
slow, overrated, overpriced, poor defender.

I'm starting to dread this Lote signing news. f**k I hope the roosters throw a sh*tload at him.

Well...the deal will include him playing in Japan in the off season before next year... So.....hmmmmm

Will be a nice back line if we get him though..

Guvner

First Grade
If even half of what I have heard about him off the field is true, you dont want him.

Secure Lima and Cayless if you can, forget this bloke.

Juniors
"On the field it would be great for us, someone with his size and strength and speed, I would love to have him."

I didnt think Farah was that way inclined, would explain the back problems. LOL.

i would like to see him at fullback, would almost garantee Moltzen at Halfback, however if we need to sacrafice a prop for him, i'll take a prop any day.

BuffaloRules

Coach
They are talking about $300K a year for two years....

Seems a bit steep to me.....

How many games will he miss whilst he is playing union overseas?

300K is top prop money... not slow aging outside back....

N.C.

Juniors
Bring him on. He'll teach the kids how to party... Take Taumata under his wing and show him the ropes.

Vic Mackey

Referee
They are talking about $300K a year for two years....

Seems a bit steep to me.....

How many games will he miss whilst he is playing union overseas?

300K is top prop money... not slow aging outside back....

i dont get this 'slow, ageing' business

lote has been playing union for what, 7 years now? how much wear and tear on the body does a winger get in union? probably the same in 7 years of union as 6 months in the nrl.

sailor and rogers both came back fine players. tuqiri was undoubtably a far more skilled player then either of them. i am very confident he could play 3-4 more seasons of nrl and be at his best.

personally i hope it is for us.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I propose a race. Lote with one leg vs Sleau. Better yet. Madunit vs Sleau.
I'd back madunit to be faster stronger, more skillfull and a better defender than both of them, and I'll play for f**k all in comparison

nomarg

I'm sad enough to have check Lote's twitter for any hints. I know this is tabloid class stuff buuuuut:

I know how low I've stooped, I'm just desperate for some signing news.

meeting with the Tigers went well by the way Tweeps.. Tiger fans should be happy with who u have running your club..

Lote's latest quote....

We'll have plenty of coin left for lima or cayless imo