What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Loyal

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
I presume a few people got the membership email yesterday?

It's been getting a good airing on RadioSport today in the couple of times I've been in the car. I thought it was only me who raised an eyebrow when it came through.

Basically to me it is saying yeah we stunk up the joint last year, there was a massive F up with the coaching situation, we didn't get the marquee coach we were trumpeted our big bucks could get, we're forcing you to go to Eden Park and sit in seats that are miles away from the action in our first game...but you must be loyal! If you don't sign up again, you're not loyal.

Hell, the players weren't true Warriors last year. They didn't turn up every week. They weren't committed. And they were paid to be so, while we have to cough up our hard-earned.

To me the campaign stinks and they'll get a lot more negativity from it.

I'm not overly emotive about it and I'm not a season ticket holder either but I think it's an insult to members who were treated to a load of crap last year. I imagine the prices haven't been slashed either based on the turgid stuff we all subjected last year.

Sam_the_man

First Grade
I have agree with. Thats exactly what i was thinking when the emails started arriving yesterday. Hard to accept that i'm not loyal if i don't fork out more money after what the management and players served us up last season.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
I think they would have been better talking it up as a new era. Therefore washing their hands of last season without doing so under the advice that we just should just forget and open our wallets again. Talk up Elliott, talk up Nielsen/Lowrie/Leuluai..don't basically insinuate we're shit fans if we don't blindly sign up under the guise of loyalty. It could only have been worse if Dave Dobbyn was on there with his acoustic guitar.

Juju

Juniors
5 emails is definitely way too many for one day from the club.

Also - the Warriors twitter account is actually terrible. The muppet running it does ball by ball commentary of the 20/20 cricket world cup.

Man, the club are doing everything in their powers to annoy me lately.
*grumpy

Akkerz

Juniors
That email made me very very angry.
No season tickets for my lot this time round. If there is a marked improvement as the season progresses we will go to a few home games but this is my way of showing my disgust & if that means I'm not loyal so be it.

Rich102

Staff member
I will be doing whatever it takes to renew my membership.
Stand by for further announcements.

MKEB...

Staff member
I wont be renewing mine.

I will always support the Warriors and go to one or two games a year...but renewing my membership is a bridge too far. My own little protest.

Micistm

Bench
I think they would have been better talking it up as a new era. Therefore washing their hands of last season without doing so under the advice that we just should just forget and open our wallets again. Talk up Elliott, talk up Nielsen/Lowrie/Leuluai..don't basically insinuate we're shit fans if we don't blindly sign up under the guise of loyalty. It could only have been worse if Dave Dobbyn was on there with his acoustic guitar.

:lol:I agree, it's bit of a backfire this marketing idea, Keep the faith, Loyal, Blah blah blah blah blah. TBH they have not really given much reason to.
They would be better off saying ;The future starts now' or some really positive theme rathe than this, which almost seems like an attempted guilt trip. And proving even the marketing is doing a shit job, like the team did this year.
Hide Scurrah, hide Bell, and plug Elliot and use him to promote a new era.
A bad idea which is likely to annoy just as many fans as it inspires.

ozbash

Referee
Want to know how many and where the home games are next season.

Dont like this campaign, at all.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
:lol:I agree, it's bit of a backfire this marketing idea, Keep the faith, Loyal, Blah blah blah blah blah. TBH they have not really given much reason to.
They would be better off saying ;The future starts now' or some really positive theme rathe than this, which almost seems like an attempted guilt trip. And proving even the marketing is doing a shit job, like the team did this year.
Hide Scurrah, hide Bell, and plug Elliot and use him to promote a new era.
A bad idea which is likely to annoy just as many fans as it inspires.

That's exactly the way it feels to me.

And yeah like was said before, WTF is up with their twitter page? Operated by a real rookie. If the club isn't embracing things like that and the overall picture, they're not with it.

JoeD

First Grade
My problem is that my seats are too good to give up. Lower East stand, half way, top row before the corporates. I can turn around and basically yell into the coach's ear.
I can't not renew which is a shame because i would seriously consider it after this past season.

Considering this thread is called loyal and its about tickets heres a little story:

I've had tickets since '95. In the early days before the new east stand we basically had the same kind of seats, on half way, half way up. When the new stand was getting built we got moved (understandably) with the assurance we would get similar seats back when the stand was completed. Of course the following season we were assigned the same seats in the less desirable position. I wrote them a two page essay mentioning the word LOYAL (which at the time was one of their slogans) at least 10 times. It worked and we got given very good seats.

Juju

Juniors
My problem is that my seats are too good to give up. Lower East stand, half way, top row before the corporates.

This is the only reason I am renewing next year, I just don't want to lose my great seats. I have a very sentimental attachment to them now. Right above the away tunnel - close enough to get in the opposing players heads.

Matrix

Juniors
Most clubs serve up similar rubbish about loyalty at renewal time.I was pretty peeved about being asked to prove my passion by souths last year even though I had a season ticket when we ran last and won 3 games.Look on the bright side, at least you dont lose 3 homes next season to Cairns,Perth and Gosford like souths members do.

Akkerz

Juniors
Most clubs serve up similar rubbish about loyalty at renewal time.I was pretty peeved about being asked to prove my passion by souths last year even though I had a season ticket when we ran last and won 3 games.Look on the bright side, at least you dont lose 3 homes next season to Cairns,Perth and Gosford like souths members do.

Now that deal is shitty. Don't suppose they put on cheap flights so you can enjoy the home games you can't realistically drive to.

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
I think the fact you are making threads and everybody is aware ..it is a success ...SO FAR
that will get the hardout diehards fans signing up right away

The rest of us ...will wait until they announce new signings .... promote the changes/reforms

Then a smaller percentage will wait for the benefits etc...work out savings/freebies etc lol

They can all be promoted as winners

Elliot/Jennings - Won with Bradford
Lowrie, Nielsen - Won with Melbourne
Thomas L - Won with Wigna etc

Hopefully a few more names to add to the list

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Couldn't agree less. You think awareness and visibility is the key to this marketing strategy? They're sending it straight to their membership database. They don't need awareness. Look at the sentiment in here - people are insulted by it. I heard people on RadioSport that were insulted by it and I've spoken to people as well of the same ilk. People who were tossing up one way or the other would have been put off by this, in my opinion.

If they wanted to use this for a membership drive, not membership retention, it's a touch different. These aren't the people who put up with a lot of crap last year and continued to do so in the off-season in regards to appointing a coach. They're also not the people who turned up week after week last season to watch a bunch of players who had a ready-made excuse in Bluey and weren't anywhere the dictionary definition of loyal and committed. Maybe these videos should have been made for the changing room DVD player.

I agree, they can be promoted as winners. It can be promoted as a fresh start. It should have been. But we got this loyal shit instead.