1. LeagueUnlimited.com is proud to launch a brand new weekly publication- THE FRONT ROW - to accompany your footy weekend. INCLUDES team lists, match previews, match reports, key stats and news from around the National Rugby League - 32 pages and packed full. EDITION 1 - OUT NOW!
    JUST CLICK HERE TO READ ONLINE OR DOWNLOAD YOUR FREE PDF COPY.
    Dismiss Notice

LU Arsenal Brigade 2

Discussion in 'Firkin Fun Bar' started by ParraDude_Jay, Jan 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ByRd

ByRd First Grade

Well i was watching the game and the more we didnt get that 3rd goal the more i thought something was gonna happen, and what a shame that it did. Clichy, i have no idea why you were being so casual and laid back and didnt play with urgency, stupid play and we also missed a few chances to finish the game off, 2 points dropped and we may regret it.

On the Eduardo tackle, simply disgusting, you could tell it was something bad when they didnt show a replay and the look on the players faces and that photo before shows why, hope he gets better asap.

But to end on a positive it was good to see Walcott do well and score a couple and lets hope that this gives him a boost and we start to see more of what he can do.

2. ByRd

ByRd First Grade

Also, is anyone else thinking at times that we just gotta pull the trigger instead of going for that "perfect" goal. Last night, there were a few chances where we could of just had a crack but looked to give that extra pass, it gets frustrating and i wish sometimes they would just shoot.

3. Bumble

Bumble First Grade

To be honest, his studs have hit Eduardo at about the height of the ball...if that challenge had been a split second better timed it was a great tackle.

Absolutely shocking injury but to call for Taylor to be banned for life over a mistake is just silly. Knowing what he's done will haunt him enough, as will the 10 or so games banning he will get.

4. ByRd

ByRd First Grade

I think AW was just frustrated in saying he should never play again, you could jst tell how serious it was with the players reactions in particular Fabregas when the ref was giving Taylor the red.

5. Dutchy

Dutchy Immortal

f**k Me

6. ParraDude_Jay

ParraDude_Jay First Grade

Nor would I expect sportsmanship and maturity from an Arsenal player, or rationality from their fans.

By the way, 1 - 5 to us. :D

7. Tom Shines

Tom Shines First Grade

Feel bad for Eduardo, but f**k me some of the reactions on here are amazing.

Banned for life? Please. The consequences of the tackle were bad, but I have seen far, far worse.

8. Tonearm Terrorwrist

Tonearm Terrorwrist Immortal

roy keane for example

9. Macca_

Macca_ Coach

Like I said, I wouldn't expect you to understand that players are human.

Yep, so f**k off to your own thread and post it instead of trolling in here.

10. Dragooner

Dragooner Bench

Life's too much.

But you just feel at times that if something like that has the potential to ruin a players career it should surely have the potential to destroy the tacklers career.

But no, life is too much. But a serious ban needs to be enforced nonetheless.

11. BWNB

BWNB First Grade

Should be banned until Eduardo gets back on the park, FMD that could end a career or ruin it, he may never be the same.

12. BWNB

BWNB First Grade

[​IMG]

There you go.

13. Tonearm Terrorwrist

Tonearm Terrorwrist Immortal

stop your f**king whinging. alot worse has been given alot less

14. Tom Shines

Tom Shines First Grade

Yeah well of course I was going to say that... and that was a career ending tackle. That only resulted in a 150 000 pound fine and five weeks for a deliberate sidekick at a player's knee.

Michael Essien on Did Hamann in the Champs League I remember was one that really could have ended in a broken leg, it was heinous.

Schumacher's was bad, and that wasn't even a foul.

15. RedVGooner

RedVGooner Juniors

these tackles has to be stopped, people getting injured for stupid tackles like these, something has to be done

16. RedVGooner

RedVGooner Juniors

http://www.arsenal.com/article.asp?thisNav=news&article=487901&cpid=703&title=%27The+first+diagnosis+is+very,+very+bad%27

17. ParraDude_Jay

18. Bumble

Bumble First Grade

Multi:

Manchester United - $1.50 (tick)
    West Ham - $2.60 (tick)
    Portsmouth - $1.70 (tick)
    Arsenal - $1.40 :)x)
    Getafe - $9.00 (tick)

19. NK Arsenal

NK Arsenal Juniors

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=511066&cc=3436

And yet, some say it wasn't that bad??

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=511068&cc=3436

Well, that was nice of Taylor to visit him in hospital, wasn't it? (I'm not being sarcastic).

This is not the way he would of wanted to spend his 25th birthday, but I am sure that he can get through it.

20. ParraDude_Jay

He could also have died from infection, wanna charge Taylor with attempted murder?

OK, maybe that's extreme but come on, Eduardo still has his foot and you can't honestly believe it was deliberate. I haven't heard anyone say it wasn't a serious injury either so I have no idea what you're playing at.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.