What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LU Panthers Forum Player of the Year 2020

TheFrog

Coach
No worries. As long as things are easier for your end of the system.
It takes half an hour or so to compile it. I'm using the spreadsheet from last year, just saved it under a new name and cleared all the cells. Not all that difficult really. I have to give everyone a handle of 5 characters or less or the spreadsheet gets too wide and cannot co-exist on my screen with this forum, necessitating annoying alt-tabs all the time. You are Old.

OldPanther

Coach
It takes half an hour or so to compile it. I'm using the spreadsheet from last year, just saved it under a new name and cleared all the cells. Not all that difficult really. I have to give everyone a handle of 5 characters or less or the spreadsheet gets too wide and cannot co-exist on my screen with this forum, necessitating annoying alt-tabs all the time. You are Old.

Sounds good. If I change my mind later I'll leave it as is. No reason to mess around.

Thirsty Panther

Juniors
Or you could just hold off from putting in your ratings until you have re-watched the game.
I try not to put my ratings in for a day or so. Otherwise if we won everyone would get 10s and if we lost everyone would get 0s.

TheFrog

Coach
Round 2 vs Dragons

Aekins 6
Mansour 6
Whare 6
Naden 7
To'o 6.5
Luai 6.5
Cleary 7.5
Tamou 7
Koroisau 7.5
Tetevano 6.5
Kikau 7
Yeo 7
Fisher-Harris 7

Crichton 6
Burns 5
Leota 6
Martin 6

OldPanther

Coach
I'm rating now because I know I won't change.

Aekins 5
Mansour 6
Whare 4
Naden 7
To'o 6
Luai 5
Cleary 8
Tamou 7
Koroisau 6
Tetevano 7
Kikau 8
Yeo 8
Fisher-Harris 8

Crichton 8
Burns 5
Leota 5
Martin 1

Kikau lacked game time so contemplated lower score but judged on quality over quantity. Fish, Yeo and Tetevano played well I thought in the middle. Crichton needs to start because Aekins is just so average, not bad not good just is. Luai needs to support Cleary a little more even if only a little but kicked well when he did.

Martin had an absolute shocker. Multiple drops and a penalty.

Flashstep

Juniors
Aekins 6
Mansour 7
Whare 4
Naden 7
To’o 6
Luai 6
Cleary 9
Tamou 6
Api 7
Tetevano 6
Kikau 6
Yeo 6
JFH 8

Chrichton 7
Burns 4
Leota 7
Martin 5

Last edited:

OldPanther

Coach
Try assist when surrounded by hostiles without which we would not have won.

Yeah he got the 1 for doing that but the errors are a consistent part of his game. I'm a fan of his energy and enthusiasm but he is hurting the team.

Kilkenny

Coach
Aekins 6. (Thought he was pretty solid)
Mansour 7. (Lost a point for his mistake which led directly to a try)
Whare 6.
Naden 6. (Shame about his defensive reads but came up with some big plays)
To’o 6.
Luai 6.
Cleary 8. (Close to our best)
Tamou 7. (Very solid)
Koroisau 7. (Not as dynamic as last week but did a terrific job)
Tetevano 7. (Thought he was very good)
Yeo 7. (Another really good game)
Kikau 6. (Other than scoring I though he didn’t contribute a lot this evening)
JFH 7. (Did what he always does)

Chrichton 7 (Was instrumental in turning the game around)
Leota 7 (When our two starting front rowers were off the field I thought he was terrific)
Burns 6.
Martin 6 (Made a couple of errors again, but he hits hard in defence and attack)

betcats

Referee
Aekins - 6 solid just doesn’t make any big plays either side of ball.
Sauce - 7 would be an 8 if not for that offload
Whare - 5 quiet, just not doing enough to keep Crichton out
Naden 7 - excellent except for conceding a soft try to Dufty, chase to force dropout and score a try on the next set was pivotal
Too - 5 quiet but solid, bad read for their second try
Luai - 6 solid but not doing enough, got targeted in defence
Cleary - 9 kicked well, scored, assisted and put a shot or two on in defence.
Tamou - 7 good metres good defence, can’t fault him
Api - 7 started really well but fell off a bit
Tetevano - 6 solid defence, much better than last week
Kikau - 6 solid, did nothing wrong
Yeo - 7 very good first half
Fish - 9 love him

Crichton - 7 kid has the magic touch
Martin - 5 not good, some good runs and hits but sort it out. Great effort for the try though so I’ll give him a pass
Leota - 7 very good
Burns - 5 not noticed but had a rough period on the field

MugaB

Coach
Sorry fellas, im giving up on scoring the team, that game just game me heartburn.
This team score vs the dragons, they all get 4 each, we were totally and utterly rubbish.
Our first 20 basically set up a game that we coulda won by 40, unfortunately we got overconfident, and pushed poo
Thank God, we went back to the simple stuff on the last 20, coz we were deplorable

Kilkenny

Coach
Aekins - 6 solid just doesn’t make any big plays either side of ball.
Sauce - 7 would be an 8 if not for that offload
Whare - 5 quiet, just not doing enough to keep Crichton out
Naden 7 - excellent except for conceding a soft try to Dufty, chase to force dropout and score a try on the next set was pivotal
Too - 5 quiet but solid, bad read for their second try
Luai - 6 solid but not doing enough, got targeted in defence
Cleary - 9 kicked well, scored, assisted and put a shot or two on in defence.
Tamou - 7 good metres good defence, can’t fault him
Api - 7 started really well but fell off a bit
Tetevano - 6 solid defence, much better than last week
Kikau - 6 solid, did nothing wrong
Yeo - 7 very good first half
Fish - 9 love him

Crichton - 7 kid has the magic touch
Martin - 5 not good, some good runs and hits but sort it out. Great effort for the try though so I’ll give him a pass
Leota - 7 very good
Burns - 5 not noticed but had a rough period on the field

Your right about Naden he came up with some really big plays even if he is heart in mouth stuff with some of his defensive issues.

Abacus

Juniors
I'm really surprised by the lack of love for Whare. Chopped down Frizzel to stop a certain try in the first 5 & generally held our right edge together. Would have had a try except for Dufty's intercept.

Most times tries saved are worth more than tries scored. Whare is still our best on that count.

Kilkenny

Coach
Sorry fellas, im giving up on scoring the team, that game just game me heartburn.
This team score vs the dragons, they all get 4 each, we were totally and utterly rubbish.
Our first 20 basically set up a game that we coulda won by 40, unfortunately we got overconfident, and pushed poo
Thank God, we went back to the simple stuff on the last 20, coz we were deplorable

I’m not sure deplorable is the right word. Some of the footy was at times but there was some positives not least of all being the two points.

OldPanther

Coach
I'm really surprised by the lack of love for Whare. Chopped down Frizzel to stop a certain try in the first 5 & generally held our right edge together. Would have had a try except for Dufty's intercept.

Most times tries saved are worth more than tries scored. Whare is still our best on that count.

He also bombed a try as well.

mxlegend99

Referee
Aekins 5
Mansour 5
Whare 4
Naden 6
To'o 6
Luai 5
Cleary 8
Tamou 7
Koroisau 7
Tetevano 6
Kikau 7
Yeo 8
Fisher-Harris 8

Crichton 7
Burns 5
Leota 4
Martin 3

Honestly feel like I overscored some players with 7s and 8s. But based on the performances that got 4s and 5s it's kind of fair.

Whare, Mansour etc. have disappointed me. But I expected that. Liam Martin though has been shocking so far. I honestly thought he would be close to our best after such a bad game last week. If he can't bounce back before Simple jack is available he needs to be axed for him.

Martin has had a glimpse of his ability both weeks. But the errors and Penalties are so bad. His discipline needs fixing

Crashtest

Juniors
Aekins 6
Mansour 8
Whare 5
Naden 7
To'o 6
Luai 6
Cleary 8
Tamou 7
Koroisau 7
Tetevano 7
Kikau 7
Yeo 7
Fisher-Harris 8

Crichton 7
Burns 4
Leota 6
Martin 5

I know Mansour threw a terrible pass, but he had 21 runs, ran 236m, had 65 pcm, 7 tackle breaks, a try assist and a line break assist. In 36 degree heat.

If it’s between him and Whare of who gets dropped to fit in Crichton, then it’s a no brainer to me that it should be Whare.