What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LU: The Strife of Brian (RE: Hagan & Reynoldson)

Ron Jeremy

Coach
strider said:
did michael hagan also run over his dog at some point?

thats my only explanation for what he wrote :?

Watch for Newcastle fans to blame everything from global warming to low cost in housing on Hagan:lol:

They have absolutely know idea but to make them sleep better at nights they blame Hagan, they always will.

Wish they just admit that Hagan was pretty good for them i mean lets face it? you need more then one player to be competitive, and apart from 2005 ( which they had probably the worst injury toll i've ever seen at one stage, combine dwith pre season internal problems) they were competitive, hell, even in 2004 when they lost Johns in road 3 they still ended up on more points then us:lol: wankers!

stuke

Bench
Y2Eel said:
Hey i like Smith..

But to get a guy to 13 games and all the hoohaa starts its a bit piss weak..

If he isnt worth the cash tell him at the start of the season... Write him a new contract before it all boils out of hand...

they did.....twice!

Kirk knocked them back 'cause he thought he'd get to the magical figure of 15.

Nikki

Coach
Just a couple of questions on Kirk, and Im hoping someone can shed some light coz its been bugging me since this whole saga began. Why did he originally leave Parra, and who was the coach at the time?

Nikki

Coach
For mine, the more media scrutiny the more stubborn Brian became with it all. Kirk probably woulda played this weekend if it wasnt for the media. lol.

Eelementary

Post Whore
eelavation said:
Adrian Rovere is an absolute goose, he's a seriel pest in the talk back circuit for sporting shows on the radio, if you believe Adrian, you'd think that Lockyer is the worst player to lace a boot, Ricky Stuart is the worst coach to hold a clip board and SBW is the greatest thing in the history of the game.

I would suggest you take what he says with a grain of salt, the guy has no credibility.

Judging by his prior dribble, that honour would go to Mick Hagan.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Bigfella said:
Hey eela is he the guy, maybe from Qld, who used to ring Talkin' Sport all the time? After rigin 1 he claimed Lockyer was no longer a first grade player let alone a rep player (he went on to win everything that could possibly be won in footy in the next 5 months)? Talks with a constant whinging tone? Holds similar views about EGJ as our mate JTB?

If so, he is the worst judge of a footballer I have evr come across. And that includes Hurriflatch and Ron Jeremy LOL.

I'm about 98% certain it's him..he's no more than failed journo with a warped view of the game.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Nikki said:
Just a couple of questions on Kirk, and Im hoping someone can shed some light coz its been bugging me since this whole saga began. Why did he originally leave Parra, and who was the coach at the time?

yeah Brian was coach..like many young players they were told to look elsewhere because there wasn't a future for him here, he went to the Broncos for a year and than the storm picked him up where he made a name for himself for a few years.

NTHNBEACHESEEL

Juniors
:? Just on Adrian, he played for St George,early 80's. Wrote the sports column for Parramatta Advertiser in mid 80's. Supports Canterbury (but wont admit it) Detests Dennis Fitzgerald and Ray Hadley. He is passionate about the game however does have some warped views on it! And doesnt rate Hagan as a coach!

WA Eel

Juniors
Y2Eel said:
lso i doubt Hagen would have Dragged Kirk along to the 14th, If he wasnt wanted tell him first round and not play him in first grade.. Playing the man in 1 short of the 15 is just cruel...

Yeah, how dare Smith and the Knights expect Kirk Reynoldson to earn his $200k by actually having to play 14 games this year! If Reynoldson is getting $200k for 14 games, that puts him on effectively $370k for the full season - there's no way he's worth even half of that.

Just because his contract won't be extended, it doesn't exempt him from performing his duties as an employee of the Newcastle Knights for the duration of his current contract.

bartman

Immortal
WA Eel said:
Yeah, how dare Smith and the Knights expect Kirk Reynoldson to earn his $200k by actually having to play 14 games this year! If Reynoldson is getting $200k for 14 games, that puts him on effectively $370k for the full season - there's no way he's worth even half of that.

Just because his contract won't be extended, it doesn't exempt him from performing his duties as an employee of the Newcastle Knights for the duration of his current contract.
I think the issue isn't about Kirk earning his money for this season - it's about a coaching/selection choice not to play him for a 15th game, because that would trigger a clause for contract/payment for next year...

Smith has seen fit to exempt Kirk from performing his current duties, so as to spend that money in a different way next year.

Eelectrica

Referee
To the person who wrote the article if he reads these forums: You are a total and completly moronic idiot if you think that in all honesty Hagan should repeat a mistake in hiring Reynoldson.