What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LU: The Strife of Brian (RE: Hagan & Reynoldson)

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Hurriflatch said:
Hagan shouldn't speak and he has nothing to do with Reynoldson playing 14 games this year, but I still say that the sections of the media that are bagging Smith for playing Kirk in 14 games would still be bagging Smith if Kirk played 4 games

But Hagan did have a lot to do with Reynoldson needing 15 games to get 200k for 2008.

To suggest Hagan should speak about it or honour the 200k deal is just plain stupid and pathetic though.

exactly, its just like asking ex parra players to tell us there thoughts on Smith!

Hurriflatch

Referee
Hagan may not have had the autonomy that Smith has been given at the Knights (confirmed in the press by Harragon) or that he reportedly had at Parra, but don't worry Hagan definatly had input at the Knights and major input at that just like he now has at Parra.

To suggest that Hagan had no control over who was signed/released during his time at the Knights is stupid

Ron Jeremy

Coach
strider said:
I put the blame for the reynaldson situation on 2 ppl - Kirk and his manager

I can only imagine that Newcastle didn't want to sign him for that extra season and the manager proposed something a bit out of the norm to get a potential extra season .... but that sort of clause is leaving yourself open to exactly what has happened.

I don't blame whoever originally created the contract at Newcastle - they made a business decision.

I don't blame Smithy - he obviously doesn't feel Kirk is part of the team's future, so he is making a business decision by cutting him free .... I think brian's hand was forced to rebuild the club when johns retired and injuries struck - he decided to go for broke in rebuilding and thats his right as the coach/manger of the team.

I feel a bit sorry for Kirk cos he seems like a nice guy - but at the end of the day, footy is a business and he and his manager left themselves open to this business decision.

On the money

The manager knows more then Kirk on legal and financial issues, just remember the manager would also loose out on the current dilema.

This club is great at scapegoats, anyone remember Tilse?

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Hurriflatch said:
Hagan may not have had the autonomy that Smith has been given at the Knights (confirmed in the press by Harragon) or that he reportedly had at Parra, but don't worry Hagan definatly had input at the Knights and major input at that just like he now has at Parra.

To suggest that Hagan had no control over who was signed/released during his time at the Knights is stupid

I didn't say he had complete control, but if someone else is given the duties of recrutiment then obviously that person has a bigger stake in decision making.

Same scenario can be in rep games, they have selectors but the coach offers input as well. We will never know who wanted him more atNewy, however Kirk was a very good player before the huge injuries he's had at Newcastle.

Brian had total control at parramatta, and that was well documented, and i think we all know that wasn't a good decision, he had to buy everyone of contract at large salaries to save his arse and that still didn't work.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Hurriflatch said:
funnily enough Reynoldson was spared a sacking by Tilse taking the fall for that

And funnily enough, i've heard by many that Hagan was the guy that wanted Tilse kept....hmmm

Hurriflatch

Referee
Club level coaches have much bigger input then at rep level

almost impossible to compare them to be honest

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Hurriflatch said:
Club level coaches have much bigger input then at rep level

almost impossible to compare them to be honest

Your missing the point Flatch, if someone is given the duty of recruitment then ultimately it's that guys decision. If that wasn't the case why give him that position. And yes Hagan would've had imput, but ultimately its the football manager who has final word on the decision.

Hurriflatch

Referee
and thats where I think your wrong (as opposed to me missing the point)

at rep level the selectors get the final word
at club level in almost all cases it's the coach

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Hurriflatch said:
and thats where I think your wrong (as opposed to me missing the point)

at rep level the selectors get the final word
at club level in almost all cases it's the coach

Then why have a football manager who is in charge of recruitment Flatch?:roll: because it looks better on his resume?

If Hagan had final word then there would be no one in charge of recruitment, simple, hagan would would simply sign who he wants aslong as its in budget eg Brian Smiths whilst at Parra.

Hagan most definately would offer his opinion, but ultimately its the football managers responsibility.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
an example scenario:

Football manager: "Hi Michael, what a night lastnight, we got so pissed hey? hahahaha, anyway we're thinking of offering a contract to Kirk from the Storm? what do you reckon?

Michael: " geez he's been in pretty good form hasn't he this year, the Storm dont wanna loose him and he's being considered for SOO, yeah i think he would be good considering that we cant afford to keep an ageing Ben Kennedy"

Football Manager: "Thats what we think too! anyway we'll keep you updated...but are you happy with that"

Michael: "Sure, only the biggest farkwits in the world would consider it a bad signing, and I know for a fact that Newcastle supporters couldn't be that retarted considering how well he's playing"

Football Manager: "Ok i'll get back to you on it. Hey what about that Barmaid lastnight? f**k she was hot hey?"

Michael: "Yeah tell me about it, i kept dropping my wallet on purpose so she'd bend over"

Football Manager:" cheeky bastard you, thats my sister"

Michael: "Oh sh*t sorry, i was pretty tanked though"

Avenger

Immortal
Newcastle will win the spoon now.

I am starting to believe in karma now. Thank christ we do not have to put up with the nutty professor again.

Bigfella

Coach
Adrian Rovere is an absolute goose, he's a seriel pest in the talk back circuit for sporting shows on the radio, if you believe Adrian, you'd think that Lockyer is the worst player to lace a boot, Ricky Stuart is the worst coach to hold a clip board and SBW is the greatest thing in the history of the game.

Hey eela is he the guy, maybe from Qld, who used to ring Talkin' Sport all the time? After rigin 1 he claimed Lockyer was no longer a first grade player let alone a rep player (he went on to win everything that could possibly be won in footy in the next 5 months)? Talks with a constant whinging tone? Holds similar views about EGJ as our mate JTB?

If so, he is the worst judge of a footballer I have evr come across. And that includes Hurriflatch and Ron Jeremy LOL.

Avenger

Immortal
Bigfella said:
Hey eela is he the guy, maybe from Qld, who used to ring Talkin' Sport all the time? After rigin 1 he claimed Lockyer was no longer a first grade player let alone a rep player (he went on to win everything that could possibly be won in footy in the next 5 months)? Talks with a constant whinging tone? Holds similar views about EGJ as our mate JTB?

If so, he is the worst judge of a footballer I have evr come across. And that includes Hurriflatch and Ron Jeremy LOL.

Yes that's him. He also rings the Big Sports Breakfast.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Bigfella said:

But i'm a good judge and i have the history to back it up with my past posts from over the years;-)

strider

Post Whore
parra pete said:
Adrian played with St George when Brian coached there.
did michael hagan also run over his dog at some point?

thats my only explanation for what he wrote :?

Bigfella

Coach
Yes that's him. He also rings the Big Sports Breakfast.

A lot of nutters call talkback radio ... but he is deadset the worst caller I have ever heard.

Never happy about anything ... and his criticism of Lockyer last year made JayJay Selmes and JTB look like rational, intelligent and accurate judges!

Avenger

Immortal
Bigfella said:
A lot of nutters call talkback radio ... but he is deadset the worst caller I have ever heard.

Never happy about anything ... and his criticism of Lockyer last year made JayJay Selmes and JTB look like rational, intelligent and accurate judges!

That young fella that supports Souths is a moron too. He rings every f*cking day.

Latest posts