What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luai the tigepie.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
The bits I saw of the press release, he handled it pretty well and I thought beneath his footy player veneer, he seemed quite measured.

He spoke at length about Benji and his association with him in different respects.

He said words to the effect that he “ wants to be coached by Benji”

The alternative to Benji is of course more Ivan.

I was just wondering if the emphasis on Benji was a smack in the chops for Ivan?
Absolutely nothing in Benji's career or play style suggests will be a good coach. What a bizarre appointment

Absolutely nothing in Benji's career or play style suggests will be a good coach. What a bizarre appointment

I was and remain against his appointment, so I will have to let the panel argue with you.

I wanted Des.

At any rate, his venture into recruitment seems to have paid off. He did a very good job helping to capture JL.

The project took months to complete, but mission accomplished.

I have to give Benji his due when it’s due or my criticism …won’t carry any weight.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
I was and remain against his appointment, so I will have to let the panel argue with you.

I wanted Des.

At any rate, his venture into recruitment seems to have paid off. He did a very good job helping to capture JL.

The project took months to complete, but mission accomplished.

I have to give Benji his due when it’s due or my criticism …won’t carry any weight.
I wanted Des before Ivan came back to us as well. Very good coach

At any rate, us smug connoisseurs, we were impressed to see grind embed itself into threepeat.

Smug had a lower quality side then previous years, but a far stronger mental set.

It was a new breed of composed smug.

Gone was the boyish westie feral.

In their place stood men.

The gay Ivan prancing around the campfire in a pink tutu pointing at and prodding his invention called smug, he is now controlled by the very monster he created.

That’s the only way to keep smug on top and Penrith fans these days simply can’t imagine another way of life.

Last edited:
There are small youngsters out there who do not know what it’s like to see a grand final without Penrith playing.

A lot of pressure and it builds relentlessly and becomes unhealthy ( that’s what Johnny Raper said).

Maybe JL wanted out of that overall expectation? He can breathe more freely and bring his own game forward instead of Nate’s.

Tigerm

Coach
IMG_1555.jpeg
Apparently the pennies management were upset when the WT’s put this photo up yesterday, they have since removed it?

Vic Mackey

Referee

I dont think what they did in their playing career has much effect on the type of coach players end up. Craig Bellamy or Trent Robinson didn’t exactly have illustrious playing careers. My issue with Benji is the complete lack of experience. I said it might work if he surrounded himself with proven experienced assistants, he then appoints Robbie Farah as our attack coach FMD. My hope is that we can get Bennett to come in for 2025, as like a mentor figure.

soc123_au

Staff member
I dont think what they did in their playing career has much effect on the type of coach players end up. Craig Bellamy or Trent Robinson didn’t exactly have illustrious playing careers. My issue with Benji is the complete lack of experience. I said it might work if he surrounded himself with proven experienced assistants, he then appoints Robbie Farah as our attack coach FMD. My hope is that we can get Bennett to come in for 2025, as like a mentor figure.
Jesus. Api should be a good SC pick then. No one else will be allowed to touch the ball.

Tigerm

Coach
But every coach starts with their first game, I’m waiting till we see how it goes?
I get this feeling every year, but maybe because of Brooks no longer with us, not sure, but it’s feeling different, so far.
Bennett would be a good get, are you thinking GM of footy? Does anyone know if he gets on with Richo?

Tiger Ted

Bench
Enticing WB to Concord has got to be our priority.The fact he respects Richo & Benji would hugely assist us in signing him.

simmo1

First Grade
Great signing. If Luai gets us playing finals, he will cement his legacy as a great of the game. Starting to get a bit of class in the key positions. Bula, Luai and Api could be a great combination.

Coach and outside backs still have big question marks. I will never trust this club not to f**k things up, but hopefully those days are gone with a new board too.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Jesus, I think you’re reading far too much into it.
It wasn’t a secret.
The club just giving its fans a small win.

So doctoring action photos of Luai, and putting him in a W/T jersey, is a small win. :p

Nothing about being classy, or showing respect to Penrith. All that carryon about Ivan's contact with W/T is a tissues of lies, and this is perfect example.

Tigerm

Coach
On twitter:
Speaking on SEN, Shane Richardson says the Luai contract was only finalised on Tuesday night.

He is excited about having two young potential stars in Latu Fainu & Lachlan Galvin, along with Bud Sullivan, under contract long term & battling it out to partner Luai in 2025.

Slightly different to what we were being told.

Vic Mackey

Referee
So doctoring action photos of Luai, and putting him in a W/T jersey, is a small win. :p

Nothing about being classy, or showing respect to Penrith. All that carryon about Ivan's contact with W/T is a tissues of lies, and this is perfect example.

I didn’t think twice about the Luai jersey thing, if it’s not the ‘done thing’ then I’m sure the 19 year old graphic design intern got a stern talking too.

At the end of the day if Penrith did the same you wouldn’t give a shit, we’re all biased towards our own club. When Daine Laurie wore a panthers jersey our forum was flooded with panthers fans saying we had a shit culture and our players didn’t want to be here. Now Too does it and apparently it’s no issue.