What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luai the tigepie.

Tigerm

First Grade
Yep he's a freak
I think one of the good benefits for all (WT’s) is the fact both API and Luai, know each others game, maybe a touch rusty, but they will gell very quickly, our young fullback will be a sponge to learn from them, plus we have options for the 6, so finally looking like we have a reasonable spine, something not scene here for well over a decade.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
I think one of the good benefits for all (WT’s) is the fact both API and Luai, know each others game, maybe a touch rusty, but they will gell very quickly, our young fullback will be a sponge to learn from them, plus we have options for the 6, so finally looking like we have a reasonable spine, something not scene here for well over a decade.
Nathan Cleary doesn't have to play the greatest 20 mins in rugby league history if Api was still in the side. No way he let's Brisbane get out to that lead.I think he'd have created 2 tries in the first half. Api always underplayed his hand at Penrith until absolutely needed.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Nathan Cleary doesn't have to play the greatest 20 mins in rugby league history if Api was still in the side. No way he let's Brisbane get out to that lead.I think he'd have created 2 tries in the first half. Api always underplayed his hand at Penrith until absolutely needed.

still remember api completely changing the 2022 prelim v souths when he came on. after his first try penrith never looked like losing, depsite still being 6-12 down.

soc123_au

Staff member
still remember api completely changing the 2022 prelim v souths when he came on. after his first try penrith never looked like losing, depsite still being 6-12 down.
The bloke is a gun. I loved watching him kick goals for you guys last year. He seems to be able to just do things whenever someone needs to step up. I'd have him back in a heartbeat.

You would think after 3 premierships there would be enough of them to talk in their own board.

Their board are too beholden to Nivanism ( Nate and Ivan).

So long as they smug along quietly, collecting premierships, the board are simply too afraid of them.

Nate has wisely invested in a brewery to ensure the continued survival of drunken domestic violence incidents in smugtown.

The peachey gold was a favourite. Lite as can be.

There was that piece written about them last year, they are at year 4 of the smugulence, that era reckoned at 7 years total dominance of the game.

Year one was derailed when Ivan brought Nado on too late in the grand final.

At least 15 minutes too late for Nado to have his game winning impact.

But he learned his coaching lesson.

Of course, the poor kid was chroming away with spray-on Tan in those days.
Turning up to training with red puffy cheeks wanting to climb the goalposts. Not the “better person” Ivan promised. A jolly jumbuck coke head instead.

“ Money talks” is what Ivan said
He’s hard core greed and plunder
Left the Tigers to smoke his smug
And made us f**king chunder

WA Tiger

Bench
So doctoring action photos of Luai, and putting him in a W/T jersey, is a small win. :p

Nothing about being classy, or showing respect to Penrith. All that carryon about Ivan's contact with W/T is a tissues of lies, and this is perfect example.
You sure know how to drag in the haters with your uneccesary pedantic comments ..I guess you don’t mind the Tt u get here after all.. no tact no awareness and the “I have a soft spot for WT ” line I saw through that a long time ago

WA Tiger

Bench
PENRITH Unlimited Fam, best get used to it.
I guess on a positive note you can all say you were on our forum and witnessed the genesis of our premiership run....Of course afterwards we will come to visit yous and tell you how much we care ..

Wests Life Podcasting again.

Over on the Wests Life podcast, they’ve done a special on the JL signing.

Most of it we’ve covered here, but for a few interesting points such as the Dogs late run for him.

That allegedly cost us another year sign on and $100k extra pa.

The snake in the grass, more dangerous than smug lol.

They smashed any suggestion he isn’t a playmaker and they had some positive energy about him hitting his best years when he joins us and leaves smug. He’s not in his late 30s as we usually get.

Per the overs, they thought the damage is less intense as the salary cap is being raised. I suppose that’s right.

They quoted Richo’s ideal of having 6 or 7 juniors in the 17. All that really helps and a big system of pathways gold is important.

But Ive had a think about it and it’s not absolutely essential for success.

Otherwise all these clubs with dodgy juniors wouldn’t be making the 8.

If you were to ask Ivan whether he would have preferred to keep a handful of his marquee than to keep risking the ship in the shallow waters of relying on juniors, my guess is that he’d like less risk.

I mean he’s played his cards perfectly, but I doubt Brisbane would have got as close as they did with recently departed smug available.

I mean its vital supply of fresh talent for future years, but it’s not the be and end all.

That said, the dogs experiment with buying marquee hasn’t had the expected outcome.

Another interesting question the game throws up at us. More questions than answers in this crazy sport. It’s like jigsaw puzzle with a missing piece.

And for the record, my membership is as much about supporting our kids than the nrl club. Big challenge to keep with them.

Last edited:

Latest posts