What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luai the tigepie.

WA Tiger

Bench
How many times do we have to spell it out for these dopes !
Youd want to hope it’s true that it’s plain sailing for Penrith without Luai ..but for all your gung ho talk its obviously just conjecture and hope..otherwise yous wouldn’t be hanging around like a bad smell over this.. Well now it’s official we got him!!!!! We understand your disappointment. But hey thanks..we’ll use him well..

Last edited:

Nealo 12

First Grade
Youd want to hope it’s true that it’s plain sailing for Penrith without Luai ..but all your talk is conjecture and hope.. Well now it’s official we got him!!!!! We understand your disappointment. But hey thanks we’ll use him well..
What talk and conjecture, we all knew he is leaving , he said so to the club … I don’t understand your logic?

This Year?

Immortal
I'd hate to play devil's advocate, but I can totally see it playing out like this: At the 11th hour Dragons finally decide they do need a half in case sooky la la Hunt does the Harold Holt and Daddy's boy moves straight into 7 with Luai getting another bump in his asking price.

He then does his shoulder again late in the season.

Nutz

Bench
I'd hate to play devil's advocate, but I can totally see it playing out like this: At the 11th hour Dragons finally decide they do need a half in case sooky la la Hunt does the Harold Holt and Daddy's boy moves straight into 7 with Luai getting another bump in his asking price.

He then does his shoulder again late in the season.
Be off with you demon :)

Last edited:

Nutz

Bench
I think if we do jag him, he will fail without a forward pack that can scramble the D because from what I've seen, Luai excels against broken D.
It was why we went for AFB. To make an impact.
We need blokes like Stef to wake up to make some serious charges. Atm he's too quiet. Someone needs to smack him in the face before the game. I'm not doing it. :)
Miller has potential to do some damage if he continues to develop.
Kit is a Brian To'o look alike but in a fwd's body. He too could make an impact hitting the edges but he's still too raw atm however in 2025 he'll be a gem.
Even Big Red improved this year. He showed mored enthusiasm than any forward and another preseason under his belt and a revamped squad/coach could see him making some charges.

Penrith has lost a number of key players such as Koroisau, Burton, Capewell, Kikau, Spencer Leniu and Stephen Crichton. However they still manage.
BUT these losses have been done with a relative calm transition and they get the job done. Luai's dealings however has been done in the opposite manner and I'm wondering if this is going to upset the rhythm of the playing group. Their supporters are a bit split about it.
If they really don't care about him joining another club they certainly are talking about it a lot.

I’m not sure this is too different to those other situations. When Burton left, there was civil war on the Panthers forum. When Kiks was pictured in a Dogs top plenty of fans wanted to release him straight away, while Critter was flogged for perceived underhand tactics in his dealings (two contracts in a row in fact).

The reality is like any fan base us Panthers become hysterical when it comes to players leaving, because we don’t understand that players aren’t fans of the team we love, they are employees. For us it’s personal because we have little on the line, while for the players it is their (relatively short) career.

But the players just get on with it. And you wouldn’t be paying Jarome the amount it is suggested you are paying him if he was the type of player to not be professional and to give 100% every time he runs out on the field for training and a game.

Black Panther

Juniors
Hardly news worthy reporting Penrith have waived the cooling off period. Luai already told Penrith he was leaving, so it’s not a secret. Good news maybe if you are a Tigers fan, but they did pay a lot of money over a long period of time.
Anyway good luck to Luai, he finally gets to play Batman now, see how he goes in another 12 months though right.

Hopefully the waiving the 10 day period helps the WT and throws a spanner in Luai’s managements plan; I could see them trying to leverage a concrete offer into bigger contracts with Dogs/Dragons etc.

Presumably if Panthers have waived the 10 days then as soon as the contract is lodged it becomes official?

He could go two ways this season.

Simply not put in the effort because his belief in smug has been smashed by a horrendous contract offer.

Or he could amp up to prove a point.

Either way, his love for all things smug is gone.

In the meantime, Junior sold us out. Snivelling rat.

I’m thinking we could put together a swap package with smug to get JL early and some cash so they can hit the market and find a JL replacement.

1 x JL = Junior plus say $300k. Maybe Charlie as well if it’s a circuit breaker.

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
I’m not sure this is too different to those other situations. When Burton left, there was civil war on the Panthers forum. When Kiks was pictured in a Dogs top plenty of fans wanted to release him straight away, while Critter was flogged for perceived underhand tactics in his dealings (two contracts in a row in fact).

The reality is like any fan base us Panthers become hysterical when it comes to players leaving, because we don’t understand that players aren’t fans of the team we love, they are employees. For us it’s personal because we have little on the line, while for the players it is their (relatively short) career.

But the players just get on with it. And you wouldn’t be paying Jarome the amount it is suggested you are paying him if he was the type of player to not be professional and to give 100% every time he runs out on the field for training and a game.

Totally agree with this, IMO, he is the type of player we need to make a difference, I believe he will insist players play until the game is finished.
If he can get this into our culture, he is worth every cent he is being paid.

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade

Simply not put in the effort because his belief in smug has been smashed by a horrendous contract offer.

I’m thinking we could put together a swap package with smug to get JL early and some cash so they can hit the market and find a JL replacement.

1 x JL = Junior plus say $300k. Maybe Charlie as well if it’s a circuit breaker.
Could do a Gordon Tallis and stand down for ‘24?
I hope he wouldn’t, depends on what if anything happened at Penrith after he told them?
It was strange that he chose not to attend training?

Chins get the wins

First Grade

You have no one of worth to us

Nutz

Bench

Come over to the dark side CWP

Tigerm

First Grade
NBWT twitter:
Jarome Luai’s management has scheduled a press conference for Wednesday afternoon, at which it is expected Luai’s move to Wests Tigers will be confirmed.

Luai will address the media today, before returning to Penrith training tomorrow. (Sydney Morning Herald)

Could do a Gordon Tallis and stand down for ‘24?
I hope he wouldn’t, depends on what if anything happened at Penrith after he told them?
It was strange that he chose not to attend training?

Smug had played cool hand Luke for so long. They’d got their previous releases 100% spot on and then hoped the love of the Ivan etc might sway him.

But a $450k bath is a bridge too far.

At the end of the day, he is a player who will deliver a whole lot more than footy for us.

He’s done all his premierships and stuff, he’s been living the smuggy bubble for ages.

A lot of our people worked on our package for awhile. I think it’s one of these rare situations where the wt old guard and the new found a common purpose and we succeeded.

Poor old Justin jags his first victory for awhile and then gets hammered!

League is such a beast!

Tigerm

First Grade
Smug had played cool hand Luke for so long. They’d got their previous releases 100% spot on and then hoped the love of the Ivan etc might sway him.

But a $450k bath is a bridge too far.

At the end of the day, he is a player who will deliver a whole lot more than footy for us.

He’s done all his premierships and stuff, he’s been living the smuggy bubble for ages.

A lot of our people worked on our package for awhile. I think it’s one of these rare situations where the wt old guard and the new found a common purpose and we succeeded.

Poor old Justin jags his first victory for awhile and then gets hammered!

League is such a beast!
I think Luai has got at least 3 more rings to collect, before he’s done.

Latest posts