What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luai the tigepie.

Nutz

Bench
What's more important, getting engaged or rugby league.
Maybe we shouldn't sign this bloke, his priorities are all over the shop.

murraymob

Coach
Th
But could you imagine the shit storm, if he (signed with us) and then did decide he didn't want to leave?

Hypothetically:
What does the club that signed him do?
You have (in this case) a reportedly $1.2m of your cap for this player, who now doesn't want to be here?
Do you make him stay and he tanks, or release him?
Does the NRL step in deregister him, so he can't play again?

I don't think any of that would be the case, but it does show, that the incumbent club have more than 10 days to entice him to stay?

No one knows what the player has even done yet, because he NRL are now closed for Xmas:(
Th e 10 days is a band aid the club can ask for more time the player can agree or say the 10 days is all .If the player has signed and want to stay the tigers have several choices make him stay let him leave or the smart one let him leave but demand junior talent to the price they paid luia in a swap. Either way once signed the ball is in the tigers court

Tigerm

First Grade
Th

Th e 10 days is a band aid the club can ask for more time the player can agree or say the 10 days is all .If the player has signed and want to stay the tigers have several choices make him stay let him leave or the smart one let him leave but demand junior talent to the price they paid luia in a swap. Either way once signed the ball is in the tigers court
Agree, just seems a bit messy, for whoever he goes to.

Nutz

Bench
Like you my friend we support clubs that struggle more than win yes we have had a good run but before it was a struggle I enjoy every moment .Your time will happen it’s the nature of footy
Don't worry murray, I've had more than my share of wins in my life buddy.
Not saying that I'd turn my back on another WT win, even if we start with a regular rd victory :) .

Nutz

Bench
@Tigerm
Thanks for all the twitter stuff TM.

From DT
79423639-12908597-image-a-1_1703820841995.jpg
To'o (left) and Luai (right) have won three premierships together at the Penrith Panthers and are now going into business with each other.

I'm hoping that this doesn't mean he's staying at the foot of the mountains.
So whats the wait for.
Luai can reject Wests offer and go to the Dogs or accept Panthers new offer.
The whole thing is playing with my mind... I'm going "Nutz"

TroyJax

Juniors
What's more important, getting engaged or rugby league.
Maybe we shouldn't sign this bloke, his priorities are all over the shop.
What is with all these Penrith boys marrying average looking women?….must be their Beard companions?

Nutz

Bench
But could you imagine the shit storm, if he (signed with us) and then did decide he didn't want to leave?

Hypothetically:
What does the club that signed him do?
You have (in this case) a reportedly $1.2m of your cap for this player, who now doesn't want to be here?
Do you make him stay and he tanks, or release him?
Does the NRL step in deregister him, so he can't play again?

I don't think any of that would be the case, but it does show, that the incumbent club have more than 10 days to entice him to stay?

No one knows what the player has even done yet, because he NRL are now closed for Xmas:(

WT were involved in something similar with Teddy signing with the Raiders only to 180⁰ and resign with us.

Nutz

Bench
We sort of went thru all this anguish when Stefano was weighing up whether to resign with WT. Also Isaiah Papali'i and John Bateman had us tense.
It was the usual preseason signing circus and In the end it was a storm in a tea cup.
There are some WT Forum members who aren't fussed in the signing of Luai or Olam.
I wouldn't mind being in their stressless mindset.

Nutz

Bench
If Luai joins us or another team they have, I believe, Brad Schneider, Daine Laurie and there is talk Jack Cole could all take over from Luai and play next to halfback Nathan Cleary. These names don't have the same zing factor as Cleary/Luai.
Daino only got 1 year so maybe it's Schneider or Cole they have faith in.
I can't think of any reason why they didn't go all out to retain Jarome.
Surely with the release of some top players they could retain him under the cap.
The timing of Ivan's statement that ruffled Luai's feathers seems silly. Surely they could have handled it better so as to retain him.
I think if Penrith, right from the outset, made him a top offer of $'s and 4yrs he may have put pen to paper straight away.
Why wouldn't you retain one of their 3 premiership winning playmakers.
Penrith has lost a number of key players such as Koroisau, Burton, Capewell, Kikau, Spencer Leniu and Stephen Crichton. However they still manage.
BUT these losses have been done with a relative calm transition and they get the job done. Luai's dealings however has been done in the opposite manner and I'm wondering if this is going to upset the rhythm of the playing group. Their supporters are a bit split about it.
If they really don't care about him joining another club they certainly are talking about it a lot.

Black Panther

Juniors
If Luai joins us or another team they have, I believe, Brad Schneider, Daine Laurie and there is talk Jack Cole could all take over from Luai and play next to halfback Nathan Cleary. These names don't have the same zing factor as Cleary/Luai.
Daino only got 1 year so maybe it's Schneider or Cole they have faith in.
I can't think of any reason why they didn't go all out to retain Jarome.
Surely with the release of some top players they could retain him under the cap.
The timing of Ivan's statement that ruffled Luai's feathers seems silly. Surely they could have handled it better so as to retain him.
I think if Penrith, right from the outset, made him a top offer of $'s and 4yrs he may have put pen to paper straight away.
Why wouldn't you retain one of their 3 premiership winning playmakers.
Penrith has lost a number of key players such as Koroisau, Burton, Capewell, Kikau, Spencer Leniu and Stephen Crichton. However they still manage.
BUT these losses have been done with a relative calm transition and they get the job done. Luai's dealings however has been done in the opposite manner and I'm wondering if this is going to upset the rhythm of the playing group. Their supporters are a bit split about it.
If they really don't care about him joining another club they certainly are talking about it a lot.
Tago, Turuva, May annd Kenny all need upgrades. Signing Luai for over market value makes no sense to Penrith. He has been and always will be a Penrith favourite, but when the time is right to go make more money surely you go.
Cole is the long term plan to replace Luai, but in the short term Schneider and Laurie will be there until he gets up to First grade pace.

Nealo 12

First Grade
Tago, Turuva, May annd Kenny all need upgrades. Signing Luai for over market value makes no sense to Penrith. He has been and always will be a Penrith favourite, but when the time is right to go make more money surely you go.
Cole is the long term plan to replace Luai, but in the short term Schneider and Laurie will be there until he gets up to First grade pace.
How many times do we have to spell it out for these dopes !

Latest posts