What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luai the tigepie.

Tigerm

First Grade
If Luai joins us or another team they have, I believe, Brad Schneider, Daine Laurie and there is talk Jack Cole could all take over from Luai and play next to halfback Nathan Cleary. These names don't have the same zing factor as Cleary/Luai.
Daino only got 1 year so maybe it's Schneider or Cole they have faith in.
I can't think of any reason why they didn't go all out to retain Jarome.
Surely with the release of some top players they could retain him under the cap.
The timing of Ivan's statement that ruffled Luai's feathers seems silly. Surely they could have handled it better so as to retain him.
I think if Penrith, right from the outset, made him a top offer of $'s and 4yrs he may have put pen to paper straight away.
Why wouldn't you retain one of their 3 premiership winning playmakers.
Penrith has lost a number of key players such as Koroisau, Burton, Capewell, Kikau, Spencer Leniu and Stephen Crichton. However they still manage.
BUT these losses have been done with a relative calm transition and they get the job done. Luai's dealings however has been done in the opposite manner and I'm wondering if this is going to upset the rhythm of the playing group. Their supporters are a bit split about it.
If they really don't care about him joining another club they certainly are talking about it a lot.
I think Ivan is starting to believe his own press?

Chins get the wins

First Grade
If Luai joins us or another team they have, I believe, Brad Schneider, Daine Laurie and there is talk Jack Cole could all take over from Luai and play next to halfback Nathan Cleary. These names don't have the same zing factor as Cleary/Luai.
Daino only got 1 year so maybe it's Schneider or Cole they have faith in.
I can't think of any reason why they didn't go all out to retain Jarome.
Surely with the release of some top players they could retain him under the cap.
The timing of Ivan's statement that ruffled Luai's feathers seems silly. Surely they could have handled it better so as to retain him.
I think if Penrith, right from the outset, made him a top offer of $'s and 4yrs he may have put pen to paper straight away.
Why wouldn't you retain one of their 3 premiership winning playmakers.
Penrith has lost a number of key players such as Koroisau, Burton, Capewell, Kikau, Spencer Leniu and Stephen Crichton. However they still manage.
BUT these losses have been done with a relative calm transition and they get the job done. Luai's dealings however has been done in the opposite manner and I'm wondering if this is going to upset the rhythm of the playing group. Their supporters are a bit split about it.
If they really don't care about him joining another club they certainly are talking about it a lot.
Luai is good but he's like our 6th or 7th best player

Tigerm

First Grade
Mine but it would seem its also the club's based on what we offered him
I think the cap is certainly shredding your team, I guess that is to be expected, with the success your team has had.
You still have Nathan, hopefully he can cover some of the holes that have been left for Penrith.
Should test out this never ending nursery claim that gets bandied about. But you’ll always have a good team with him there.

Tigerm

First Grade
Richo is reportedly on deck officially next Tuesday 2nd, hopefully this coincides with the NRL coming back as well (though not sure) and we get some clarity on what the f**k is going on with this.

TroyJax

Juniors
I think the cap is certainly shredding your team, I guess that is to be expected, with the success your team has had.
You still have Nathan, hopefully he can cover some of the holes that have been left for Penrith.
Should test out this never ending nursery claim that gets bandied about. But you’ll always have a good team with him there.
Their forward pack is the key more than Nathan. He is the icing.
Thier pigs win them games and as a group they are still very very strong.

Tigerm

First Grade
Their forward pack is the key more than Nathan. He is the icing.
Thier pigs win them games and as a group they are still very very strong.
Agree, but unless Nathan gets them over the try line it is all for nothing. While not comparing our forwards we’ve had that problem for over a decade.

Tigerm

First Grade
Last edited:

Tiger Ted

Bench
Great news, good find.
Hopefully the NRL get back to work and ratify it, then we start this shit all over again as to what we will do in 25 or will he or won't be here in 24? hahaha
TBH, I'm happy to wait, I said earlier, we can use next season to see who stays and who goes.
We r the only spineless imbecilic club who allows players to break contracts.One of many reasons penrith are a powerhouse is they consistently make astute decisions hence Luai will be serving out his contract.