What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luai

murraymob

Coach
Luia would be loving all the attention..he has done nothing wrong..Has not been directly quoted on anything
I wish him all the best family always first .Not sure anyone comes in higher than the tigers that would make him close to the highest paid player in the game Blade how does his payments for next year work .I heard players already have 2 months payments

Abacus

Juniors
Blade how does his payments for next year work .I heard players already have 2 months payments
Players get paid 1 November - 31 October each year. So assuming they're paid on the 15th monthly, he'd have received his November & December payments now.

MugaB

Coach
Why did he voice those concerns? There is only one reason, to try and cast doubt into the minds of the opposition the club was bidding against. It’s one all part of the business.

None of it is personal
More likely to push them into it.... Ivan wouldn't have sad squat, if the rumoured club was the dolphins or roosters etc, but as soon as it was tigers or dogs involved his tongue wagged, it was a great way to bump up Luai's salary, IMO still unders for a premiership winning half for that amount of years

Last edited:

MugaB

Coach
Just add TPJ as a mid season signing to sweeten the deal. The Kennel would implode 😆
Dude he is a boxer now... retired remember? Besides if he came with Burto we would be paying zilche..
Losing critta and leniu for a straight swap of burto and TPJ, is insane.... great business considering who we lost but insane and pretty much a Gus type move giving us what we lost for romey.... its the exact reason he has pilfered the market for utilities, he's got 12 on his roster, ready to sell to every club who needs a back up option

Last edited:

Tigerm

Coach
1. Some of you need to pull your pants up, wash your hand and wipe down the keyboard, it's gone all gooey?
2. Your man Blade stated "Could be a twist coming shortly with Luai. Can’t say too much atm.", wtf does that mean, most of you are thinking it must be in your favour, time will tell that answer? Personally I hope he stays with you for 24.
3. You only have the bargaining chip for a swap/trade deal for 24, after that he's a free agent?
4. A swap could well be on the cards, but your boss has already said he is staying, makes him look a bit like Gus if he now backflips?
5. Don't know a lot about Luai, tbh, but does he kick goals like Burton does? Might be a problem for the dogs?
6. Do we know (Luai) what team he wants to play for? Unfortunately for your team, it's no longer Penrith.
7. Your coach made Luai's decision to leave, easier for him, where ever he goes?
8. I think your offer was a bit insulting to a premium 6/7 of the game tbh, clubs are offering forwards way more than what you offered?
9. Does Burton want to come back?
10. Maybe he can do what Tallis did and sit out the season?

Anyway, we'll all know in another week or so, but what ever happens, we can't go any worse than what we already are, only you can?

It's been a wild off season, hasn't it?

Last edited:

murraymob

Coach
O
1. Some of you need to pull your pants up, wash your hand and wipe down the keyboard, it's gone all gooey?
2. Your man Blade stated "Could be a twist coming shortly with Luai. Can’t say too much atm.", wtf does that mean, most of you are thinking it must be in your favour, time will tell that answer? Personally I hope he stays with you for 24.
3. You only have the bargaining chip for a swap/trade deal for 24, after that he's a free agent?
4. A swap could well be on the cards, but your boss has already said he is staying, makes him look a bit like Gus if he now backflips?
5. Don't know a lot about Luai, tbh, but does he kick goals like Burton does? Might be a problem for the dogs?
6. Do we know (Luai) what team he wants to play for? Unfortunately for your team, it's no longer Penrith.
7. Your coach made Luai's decision to leave, easier for him, where ever he goes?
8. I think your offer was a bit insulting to a premium 6/7 of the game tbh, clubs are offering forwards way more than what you offered?
10. Maybe he can do what Tallis did and sit out th season?

Anyway, we'll all know in another week or so, but what ever happens, we can't go any worse than what we already are?

Or the twist is the bulldogs have offered more than you and he is going there.Gould has a history of trying to get our players out of there contracts early

Tigerm

Coach
O

Or the twist is the bulldogs have offered more than you and he is going there.Gould has a history of trying to get our players out of there contracts early
Possibly, I understand he pinched the Chooks accountant, to come work for them?

Black Magik

Juniors
10. Maybe he can do what Tallis did and sit out th season?

Anyway, we'll all know in another week or so, but what ever happens, we can't go any worse than what we already are?

LOL

MugaB

Coach
Anyway, we'll all know in another week or so, but what ever happens, we can't go any worse than what we already are, only you can?

Yes it has, but you're wrong about can't get any worse.... there's a strong chance a PNG owned club gets the 18th licence in 2026, by then you could end up going backwards... again.
....Better hope Luai’s coming by then

Latest posts