What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luai

Iamback

Coach
1. Some of you need to pull your pants up, wash your hand and wipe down the keyboard, it's gone all gooey?
2. Your man Blade stated "Could be a twist coming shortly with Luai. Can’t say too much atm.", wtf does that mean, most of you are thinking it must be in your favour, time will tell that answer? Personally I hope he stays with you for 24.
3. You only have the bargaining chip for a swap/trade deal for 24, after that he's a free agent?
4. A swap could well be on the cards, but your boss has already said he is staying, makes him look a bit like Gus if he now backflips?
5. Don't know a lot about Luai, tbh, but does he kick goals like Burton does? Might be a problem for the dogs?
6. Do we know (Luai) what team he wants to play for? Unfortunately for your team, it's no longer Penrith.
7. Your coach made Luai's decision to leave, easier for him, where ever he goes?
8. I think your offer was a bit insulting to a premium 6/7 of the game tbh, clubs are offering forwards way more than what you offered?
9. Does Burton want to come back?
10. Maybe he can do what Tallis did and sit out the season?

Anyway, we'll all know in another week or so, but what ever happens, we can't go any worse than what we already are, only you can?

It's been a wild off season, hasn't it?

Dogs missed out on both their targets, Luai is still available... So them making a move makes sense.

@Roosters rule who gets mail. Has said watch Burton for a while.

Not to mention Burton and Luai are both Left side players

So IF Luai was going to look at going there. A swap is reasonable to see

Tigerm

Coach
Yes it has, but you're wrong about can't get any worse.... there's a strong chance a PNG owned club gets the 18th licence in 2026, by then you could end up going backwards... again.
....Better hope Luai’s coming by then
Meh, certainly would like him here, but we will survive and eventually start to climb, with or without him?

MugaB

Coach
Meh, certainly would like him here, but we will survive and eventually start to climb, with or without him?
Not if all other lower end clubs get their shit together... luai shouldve been your ticket to atleast mediocrity

I remember last year, tigers fans were saying it couldn't get any worse... dolphins came and by the end of season, tigers dropped a spot worse... the pure definition of worse

Last edited:

Tigerm

Coach
Not if all other lower end clubs get their shit together... luai shouldve been your ticket to atleast mediocrity

I remember last year, tigers fans were saying it couldn't get any worse... dolphins came and by the end of season, tigers dropped a spot worse... the pure definition of worse
True, and we are saying it this year? We'll get it right eventually? Nothing stays the same forever, does it?
You blokes are having a fantastic run, but it has blocked your memories I think? Your team wasn't always the greatest team in the comp?
For us, it's no use worrying about what we've done, it's what we are doing, is all that matters, I think we are making small steps of improvement. We'll see.

Last edited:

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Dogs missed out on both their targets, Luai is still available... So them making a move makes sense.

@Roosters rule who gets mail. Has said watch Burton for a while.

Not to mention Burton and Luai are both Left side players

So IF Luai was going to look at going there. A swap is reasonable to see
Luai trying to play behind the Dogs pack will look as bad as Burton has, infact he'd look worse with his tiny boot

murraymob

Coach
True, and we are saying it this year? We'll get it right eventually? Nothing stays the same forever, does it?
You blokes are having a fantastic run, but it has blocked your memories I think? Your team wasn't always the greatest team in the comp?
For us, it's no use worrying about what we've done, it's what we are doing, is all that matters, I think we are making small steps of improvement. We'll see.
Don’t worry about being at the bottom anytime you feel bad just think you could have been a eels fan and had 37 years of losing so cheer up your on the way up the ladder

Blues Riff

Bench
1. Some of you need to pull your pants up, wash your hand and wipe down the keyboard, it's gone all gooey?
2. Your man Blade stated "Could be a twist coming shortly with Luai. Can’t say too much atm.", wtf does that mean, most of you are thinking it must be in your favour, time will tell that answer? Personally I hope he stays with you for 24.
3. You only have the bargaining chip for a swap/trade deal for 24, after that he's a free agent?
4. A swap could well be on the cards, but your boss has already said he is staying, makes him look a bit like Gus if he now backflips?
5. Don't know a lot about Luai, tbh, but does he kick goals like Burton does? Might be a problem for the dogs?
6. Do we know (Luai) what team he wants to play for? Unfortunately for your team, it's no longer Penrith.
7. Your coach made Luai's decision to leave, easier for him, where ever he goes?
8. I think your offer was a bit insulting to a premium 6/7 of the game tbh, clubs are offering forwards way more than what you offered?
9. Does Burton want to come back?
10. Maybe he can do what Tallis did and sit out the season?

Anyway, we'll all know in another week or so, but what ever happens, we can't go any worse than what we already are, only you can?

It's been a wild off season, hasn't it?
According to my sauces, done deal.

mxlegend99

Referee
Its funny that every clubs fans thought Luai was shit or overrated. Yet Tigers and Bulldogs fans are getting excited at the thought of signing him on insane over.

Id be concerned about his effect on the cap at $800k a year if he stays. Hes worth that for sure. But i also believe we could use that $800k better. Which is why i have been fine with him looking elsewhere.

No f**king way in hell is he worth $1.2m a season though.

Iamback

Coach
Its funny that every clubs fans thought Luai was shit or overrated. Yet Tigers and Bulldogs fans are getting excited at the thought of signing him on insane over.

Id be concerned about his effect on the cap at $800k a year if he stays. Hes worth that for sure. But i also believe we could use that $800k better. Which is why i have been fine with him looking elsewhere.

No f**king way in hell is he worth $1.2m a season though.

$800k as a % of the cap is less then we have him for now and he is effective in our system.

As a marquee player? Forgot the on field limitiations.

Ponga is over rated on field but off field the press love him, You don't even have that with him

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Will be interesting now they signed Curran. Kiks to the middle makes the most sense but the Dogs are dumb
Moving Kiks from an edge doesn’t make a lot of sense. That would negate most of his best assets.

Why wouldn’t play Curran in the middle, that seems like a no brainer to me.

Latest posts