What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luai

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
The logical side of me 100% agrees with you here. I got over all the others as well. Luai is different though. He was basically the face of the club - possibly more so than Cleary himself. He often and loudly professed his love of the club and his loyalty to it.

You can spin it all you want, but even though our club is now a Dynasty - we only command respect through fear and accomplishments. There are other formerly dynastic clubs whose teams were well liked even though they beat/destroyed everyone else regularly during the period. We aren't one of them. Our club is not well liked by the general NRL community and rightly or wrongly - Luai is a strong factor in that.

I personally don't get the people who are saying that Luai leaving is pretty much the same as Api/Critta/Spencer. It's really not.

Had he come from another club, or had he not been our 'CEO' or professed his love for the club, or damaged our club image it would be the same as the others.

Anyway it is done now, I hope to enjoy his last season with us.

I know very well that the huge amount of money W/T offered, swung the deal towards them. The rest of it, it just sugar coating PR made up by players managers to make the incomming fans go all gooey.

I also understand where Realist is comming from too. We here at Penrith are in the process of saying goodbye to a little tiny wee piece of our collective soul.

The emotional part of my brain wants him to fail badly at W/T. I want Jarome banging on Ivan's front door yelling mid 2025 pleading.....

' I wunna come home, please....I'll play for a pie and beer, just let me in. When Ivan opens the door, there will be standing Jarome, Kiks, Critta, and Api'. With tears in their eyes and love in their hearts.

That is my inner fairy tale.

Now reality kicks in.
I think Jarome will do OKish at the W/T. He will struggle (I believe) in being something he's actually not good at.
That being the organising half, kicking into corners, kicking out of trouble, creating for the back line in the red zone. Doing 40/20 kicks and the like.

His work with Samoa was not week in week out NRL grind. He had the best Samoan players with him, the best of the best.
They will not be there.

I've been watching footy for a long while, Jarome reminds me of Preston Campbell a great running 5/8th with plenty of skill. But not an organising half.
I believe this will eventually hang around his neck like a millstone. I've said the same about Matty Burton, who actually already has the kicking game. Look at him since he's joined the dogs.

That all being said....I wish Jarome all the best, with a very heavy heart. Once he leaves the club, and changes jumpers I will critique his work like a uni professer attempting to fail a student, red pen in hand.

Up now for one last ride Jarome. I know you'll never forget us, nor stop loving us.......Let's make some lasting memories.

globalpanther

Juniors
If there were any truth to those rumours, Gus would have moved him on. Absolutely no chance he’d be allowing that much Cap space to be spent outside of the Spine.

he signed DWZ at that price to play wing for us

soc123_au

Staff member
I believe this will eventually hang around his neck like a millstone. I've said the same about Matty Burton, who actually already has the kicking game. Look at him since he's joined the dogs.
Burton is playing behind the worst and weakest forward pack in NRL history. Tigers pack is actually decent. I back Luai to prove a few wrong.

Also Burton can kick it high and long, but has the accuracy of an 16 yo having a piss at 3.00am with half a chubb.

Iamback

Coach
Burton is playing behind the worst and weakest forward pack in NRL history. Tigers pack is actually decent. I back Luai to prove a few wrong.

Also Burton can kick it high and long, but has the accuracy of an 16 yo having a piss at 3.00am with half a chubb.

I want to see what sort of side Tigers have 1st. I can't see it being decent. Considering the huge % of the cap being locked up in the unproven spine players - Api aside but he is getting on

Luke Bowden

First Grade
If there were any truth to those rumours, Gus would have moved him on. Absolutely no chance he’d be allowing that much Cap space to be spent outside of the Spine.

he signed DWZ at that price to play wing for us
No he didn’t. We use to give Dal a lot of shit about being paid a fortune, but the truth is he was never on the amount that the papers were saying.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade

Hose We Are Blood GIF by EchoBoom Sports

I understand what you're saying. I am yet to be convinced that Jarome can run a team week in week out for the reasons I mentioned earlier.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
I know very well that the huge amount of money W/T offered, swung the deal towards them. The rest of it, it just sugar coating PR made up by players managers to make the incomming fans go all gooey.

I also understand where Realist is comming from too. We here at Penrith are in the process of saying goodbye to a little tiny wee piece of our collective soul.

The emotional part of my brain wants him to fail badly at W/T. I want Jarome banging on Ivan's front door yelling mid 2025 pleading.....

' I wunna come home, please....I'll play for a pie and beer, just let me in. When Ivan opens the door, there will be standing Jarome, Kiks, Critta, and Api'. With tears in their eyes and love in their hearts.

That is my inner fairy tale.

Now reality kicks in.
I think Jarome will do OKish at the W/T. He will struggle (I believe) in being something he's actually not good at.
That being the organising half, kicking into corners, kicking out of trouble, creating for the back line in the red zone. Doing 40/20 kicks and the like.

His work with Samoa was not week in week out NRL grind. He had the best Samoan players with him, the best of the best.
They will not be there.

I've been watching footy for a long while, Jarome reminds me of Preston Campbell a great running 5/8th with plenty of skill. But not an organising half.

That all being said....I wish Jarome all the best, with a very heavy heart. Once he leaves the club, and changes jumpers I will critique his work like a uni professer attempting to fail a student, red pen in hand.

Up now for one last ride Jarome. I know you'll never forget us, nor stop loving us.......Let's make some lasting memories.
He can't kick from inside his own half. Someone else will need to do that

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
There are other formerly dynastic clubs whose teams were well liked even though they beat/destroyed everyone else regularly during the period.
Who, though? No one likes the Storm or the Roosters. I f**king hated the Broncos during the 90s etc. Being disliked by a large proportion of rival fans is a consequence of success; do you really want to be the Titans or the Warriors receiving pity and pats on the head for making finals because no-one takes you seriously?

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Who, though? No one likes the Storm or the Roosters. I f**king hated the Broncos during the 90s etc. Being disliked by a large proportion of rival fans is a consequence of success; do you really want to be the Titans or the Warriors receiving pity and pats on the head for making finals because no-one takes you seriously?
It's great to be hated but at least we did all the the right way and haven't rorted the cap like those sides

Sime_11

Juniors
Romey is more vocal than Burton - an essential attribute for a half.

i think Burto goes missing very quickly and struggles to be a leader - Romey has leadership in him which will help Api and Benji. He's very infectious, so the young kids will draw to him easily, the issue for Romey will be that he cant always be the fun loud larrikin - when times are tough - you have to lead your team and deliver some harsh words.

Burton on $900k here at Penrith is worse than WT offering $1.2m to Romey - Burton hasnt kicked on and on paper that Dogs team is much better than the Tigers.

I see Burton being moved on from the Dogs in the next 12-24 months - he's the best half there at the moment - but that's not saying much.

Iamback

Coach
It's great to be hated but at least we did all the the right way and haven't rorted the cap like those sides

IF Luai was why we were hated... then everyone should love us now?

I am going to be good to call out these pussies that used that excuse over being jealous

Someone2

Bench
Luai is one of the few likeable players at Penrith but I’d like to see him stink it up at the tigers just for the lols

Latest posts