What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luai

Iamback

Coach
If there claiming he has siged and will be there next year. Then they have no idea.

Fainu just debuted for Tonga
Sullivan got a release to go there for next year

Then of course Sezar

I doubt they drop $1m on an unproven half... no chance for 2024

murraymob

Coach
Fainu just debuted for Tonga
Sullivan got a release to go there for next year

Then of course Sezar

I doubt they drop $1m on an unproven half... no chance for 2024
There after three peat only it’s in wooden spoons .They can sign who they want bottom 4 at best

Kilkenny

Coach
Personally, I don’t think Jerome going to the Wests Tigers works for either party.

I still think it is more likely than not Jerome will stay but if he doesn’t it will free up significant funds to assist in resigning a number of other players who we will want to retain beyond 2024.

Iamback

Coach
Personally, I don’t think Jerome going to the Wests Tigers works for either party.

I still think it is more likely than not Jerome will stay but if he doesn’t it will free up significant funds to assist in resigning a number of other players who we will want to retain beyond 2024.

Here we sit a week and half into November and no one has came out and made a play.

I think AFB has joined Dearden, Manu as being a higher priority for that sort of money

snickers007

Juniors
Here we sit a week and half into November and no one has came out and made a play.

You could be right, but under the new CBA players leaving must give their existing club 10 days right of reply.

So he could have already signed, but just waiting on the 10 days to expire or Panthers to pass on the opportunity.

Iamback

Coach
You could be right, but under the new CBA players leaving must give their existing club 10 days right of reply.

So he could have already signed, but just waiting on the 10 days to expire or Panthers to pass on the opportunity.

Nothing stays secret in RL though. When someone signs we will know and then see public backflips

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade

For hecks sake......this has been done to death.

Jarome will either chose to stay or to leave........

It must be a slow news weeks. Inbetween new idea types of articles about Fowler and Cleary, to the re chewing of a social media post from 4 or 5 days ago......

Oh my.

Sime_11

Juniors
i feel like Tigers are being mentioned as they are the only Sydney club that could outbid anyone for Luai.

its fair to say that Luai isnt leaving Sydney?

murraymob

Coach
Get him in the office sit down if he wants to leave maybe a left feild idea but a trade with the dogs for Burton .
Burton reportedly may be moved to the centers it would be a huge opportunity to play halves or center at a winning club

The Realist

Juniors
My memory is failing me, what did DWZ do wrong?

There was an incident where a young (and Error prone) Dylan Edwards was given the fullback role that DWZ was agitating for. It was well known that DWZ fancied himself a fullback and I think he had played a few games there previously. In this game a bomb went up from the opposition and both DWZ and Edwards went for the ball. The ball was clearly Edwards' but DWZ went for it anyway and it resulted in a nasty clash and a knock on.

If I recall correctly DWZ went missing from team lists for a few games, Ivan said in a press conference that he had identified the 'cancer' in the playing group and before we knew it, he was being shipped off.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
There was an incident where a young (and Error prone) Dylan Edwards was given the fullback role that DWZ was agitating for. It was well known that DWZ fancied himself a fullback and I think he had played a few games there previously. In this game a bomb went up from the opposition and both DWZ and Edwards went for the ball. The ball was clearly Edwards' but DWZ went for it anyway and it resulted in a nasty clash and a knock on.

If I recall correctly DWZ went missing from team lists for a few games, Ivan said in a press conference that he had identified the 'cancer' in the playing group and before we knew it, he was being shipped off.

and after DWZ the leaks to the press dried up.

Oh, okay, I didn't realise that. I find it ironic that DWZ is still a winger? Not putting him down

Kilkenny

Coach
Oh, okay, I didn't realise that. I find it ironic that DWZ is still a winger? Not putting him down
DWZ debuted in 2014 long before Dylan Edwards came on the scene. In his first three seasons the first choice fullback was Matt Moylan So the majority of his 50 odd games were on the wing. The DWZ - Mansour combination was arguably the best in the game.

When Dylan Edwards emerged in 2017, and Matt Moylan mid season was moved into halves it was well known DWZ felt he deserved first crack at fullback and didn’t take too kindly to Dylan Edwards being given opportunities there in front of him. There were other issues at the club and ultimately Moylan and others were moved on. DWZ left mid 2019 but as things would have it, he never achieved his goal of playing fullback at either the Dogs or the Warriors. Fine career none the less, closing in in 200 games and enjoyed arguably his best season in 2023 sharing Dally M Winger of the Year.

I think at the end of the day, he could have been successful at fullback for his three clubs, but was just a better winger.

Frankus

Juniors
We have had many great fullbacks come through the ranks. Steve Turner is probably the finest I have seen that had to also settle for a wing spot for his career. He also left as he was stuck behind Wesser, moved to the storm where Slater had debuted as a centre. Rest is history.

Exsilium

First Grade
It will be interesting to see how we approach the Luai situation if it drags on into the pre-season. In past seasons and under different leadership, we were more likely to over commit out of fear of losing out but I feel we've proven we won't be putting individuals before the club and its plans.

Luai is a wonderful player and a massive part of our success but I'm confident we can bring just about anyone into this system and still remain competitive.

Funny how nowadays we as fans don't lose sleep over these decisions whereas in the past we'd have been lighting our torches and reaching for pitchforks.

It will be interesting to see how we approach the Luai situation if it drags on into the pre-season. In past seasons and under different leadership, we were more likely to over commit out of fear of losing out but I feel we've proven we won't be putting individuals before the club and its plans.

Luai is a wonderful player and a massive part of our success but I'm confident we can bring just about anyone into this system and still remain competitive.

Funny how nowadays we as fans don't lose sleep over these decisions whereas in the past we'd have been lighting our torches and reaching for pitchforks.
It wouldn't surprise me if the contract offer is withdrawn if this drags out