What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lucas Miller

roopy

Referee
I'm pleased for Lucas, but i have to say i'm gutted for us that he has walked into the Storm top 25 after we released him from his contract.

http://www.melbournestorm.com.au/default.asp?sec=2&ssec=2&pid=146&prid=1&yr=2008

I think i did a thread last year about who was better at the same age, Cory, Kade or Lucas - and although i am reasonably happy with what Smith is doing, I'm going to spew if Kade and Lucas have huge years after both being released from contracts.

roopy said:
I'm pleased for Lucas, but i have to say i'm gutted for us that he has walked into the Storm top 25 after we released him from his contract.

http://www.melbournestorm.com.au/default.asp?sec=2&ssec=2&pid=146&prid=1&yr=2008

I think i did a thread last year about who was better at the same age, Cory, Kade or Lucas - and although i am reasonably happy with what Smith is doing, I'm going to spew if Kade and Lucas have huge years after both being released from contracts.

I think Tupou and Bird are proof of why your sentiments are correct there. Snowden has been very slow to progress though. Those SBW comparisons were far too great for him to live up to. SBW is arguably the most gifted forward to ever play the game.

roopy

Referee
Kade has turned into a huge unit, and it takes really big boys a few years longer to get into the swing i think. Matt Parsons was 26 when he first played firstgrade.
I think Dane Tilse is another we released that we might really regret this season, although Dane isn't in the same universe as the other three skill wise.

roopy

Referee
Decent old pack;

Snowden
Ennis
Tilse
Anthony Tupou
Miller
Bird

Could be the Australian pack in 4 years. We'll probably let Patto out of his contract so he can join them.

NthKnight

roopy said:
Decent old pack;

Snowden
Ennis
Tilse
Anthony Tupou
Miller
Bird

Could be the Australian pack in 4 years. We'll probably let Patto out of his contract so he can join them.

:lol: Ennis is a hack and I will cut off my left nut if ever dons the green and gold

Bird and Tilse are genuine losses but this happens with every club that has a strong junior base, we simply cant pick them all.

Bicey_18

Bench
Yeah but we kept superstars like Ryder and M Kennedy.... was so worth losing those juniors.

Brilliance by Hagan

antonius

Coach
NthKnight said:
:lol: Ennis is a hack and I will cut off my left nut if ever dons the green and gold

Bird and Tilse are genuine losses but this happens with every club that has a strong junior base, we simply cant pick them all.
Can't agree with that statement.

roopy

Referee
Jono078 said:
Storm love taking from us lately.

Quinn, Newton, Vaughn, MacDougall, Miller..
On the plus side, they have also taken Kruize Wilson - which we should thank them for.

roopy said:
On the plus side, they have also taken Kruize Wilson - which we should thank them for.

You might live to regret that statement Roop... I reckon Melbourne will be very good for Kruize. The bloke has enormous ability... if he gets his attitude and consistency issues sorted he will in first grade sooner rather than later.

roopy

Referee
The_Joey_Show said:
You might live to regret that statement Roop... I reckon Melbourne will be very good for Kruize. The bloke has enormous ability... if he gets his attitude and consistency issues sorted he will in first grade sooner rather than later.
I have to say that neither Wendall nor Kruize Wilson have impressed me in any way, but i'm already a fan of young Winston - he looks the goods.

bluesbreaker

Bench
Letting go of Lucas will hurt us very badly. After initial early enthusiasm for B.Smith, i'm starting to tire of (to my understanding) our strongest hopes (Taufua, Ling and Laban) being offloaded to the f**king Central Charlestown clowns.

Pika

Bench
bluesbreaker said:
Letting go of Lucas will hurt us very badly. After initial early enthusiasm for B.Smith, i'm starting to tire of (to my understanding) our strongest hopes (Taufua, Ling and Laban) being offloaded to the f**king Central Charlestown clowns.

They have to play somewhere......

Smith can't have a 40 man training squad and sit out 13 players week in week out.

Ling is till with the top squad, Larry Tafua is playing for Central, the choice was his not to play for The Central Knights.

With all due respect to Hanan, he was not exactly on the cusp of first grade last year, so I could hardly see him feeling somehow rejected at the Central Knights.

boots16

Juniors
roopy said:

The Herald-Sun also listed Reegan Tanner and Daniel Abraham as confirmed signings for Central Coast Storm. Said that Tanner has been in full-time training in Melbourne with the Storm and that they have been really impressed with his attitude and development. While not in the Storm 25 at this stage, with Melbourne losing a few forwards from last year he could be in with a chance. Don't know too much about him. Anybody got any thoughts on his potential.

roopy

Referee
boots16 said:
Don't know too much about him. Anybody got any thoughts on his potential.
Stand back - that could cause an explosion!!!!

Abraham has gone to London Quinns in the last few weeks apparently.

roopy

Referee
I'll put in a minority report on Tanner.
He has not been up to firstgrade standard despite playing a huge number of firstgrade games for the Knights. He is not big enough or strong enough or fast enough for a firstgrade lock.
On the plus side for the Storm, he is still young for a guy with his experience and a change of clubs could well see him improve a lot.
If he has a good amount of improvement he will be a fair benchie with a lot of experience for you guys.
73 games of firstgrade and never even looked like getting a MOTM award.

keeney

First Grade
Speaking of awards is painting the wrong picture. 73 FG games and never looked like making a dominant tackle, bending the advantage line or adding anything beswides bare minimum workmanship.

Latest posts