What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luckiest first grade career of all time

STG 002

First Grade
I know this goes against the intended spirit of the OP because the player I’ve picked had unquestionable talent. Andrew Ettingshausen was blessed with stunning looks, stunning talent and boofed Elle Macpherson. Kissed on the dick literally by God himself. Luckiest merkin ever.
Got a piece of Paul Mellors wife too and came out the other end with his fishing show intact.

The Rosco

Bench
How has the name Paul Momorovski ( spelling ?) not been mentioned ?
Guy's won 2 comps, or is it 3 ?
Short of schtupping Elle McPherson . . . this guy is the winner.
Last week's LU word of the week was cockwomble. Rhyno is a cockwomble.
This week's is schtupping. Ben Ikin was schtupping the coaches daughter.

Daniel Wagon. Your standard forgettable plodder who could stand in at numerous positions and Brian Smith took a huge liking to him. He was in a top Parra side in 2001 which saw him jag a Qld jersey for all 3 games of that series and partnered Alfie in the halves for his big origin comeback. Also got a spot on the 2001 Roo tour although didn’t get a game. Finished his NRL career with nearly 250 games to his name.

I have never met anyone who rated him as anything more than a middle of the road plodder.

Valheru

Coach
In response to the OP, to be fair to anasta he played in some awful roosters teams. I still to this day think his leadership was a key part of our 2013 premiership.

In response to the question... Paul Whatuira somehow won 2 comps.

Last edited:

Smug Panther

First Grade
In response to the OP, to be fair to anadta he played in some awful roosters teams. I still to this day think his leadership was a key part of our 2013 premiership.

In response to the question... Paul Whatuira somehow won 2 comps.
Fats was very soild for us but nothing game breaking or flashy.

Reflector

Bench
I know this goes against the intended spirit of the OP because the player I’ve picked had unquestionable talent. Andrew Ettingshausen was blessed with stunning looks, stunning talent and boofed Elle Macpherson. Kissed on the dick literally by God himself. Luckiest merkin ever.
I never knew this- were they ever an item?

No Premiership but...

Reflector

Bench
I think his good looks made him horribly under rated as a player, the guy was an absolute gun. In Paul Sironens book he said when ET came into grade everyone thought he was a showpony with no toughness so they had a gameplan of having Sirro run at him all day. ET then proceeded to put Sirro on his arse all afternoon.

If I was to make an alltime NSW Origin 17 I'd seriously try and find a place for him.
Craig Wing was in a similar mould.

Reactions: Vee

Reflector

Bench
Carl Webb deserves a mention

Made a rep career (and a reputation as some kind of "enforcer") off one good game for Qld in the 2001 series opener.

Also Brett Finch. Overrated gimp who coasted by off the back of who his father was.

Of the current lot running around, Dane Gagai:

Slotting into some great Qld backlines + linking up on the end of passing movements started by the likes of Cronk/ JT/ Munster + running 10 metres to plant the ball down + wearing a maroon jersey =

"Origin player who typifies what Origin is about. Origin Origin Origin. Passion. Spirit. Passion. Origin player" (TM, Phil Gould etc.)

oldmancraigy

Coach
Daniel Wagon.

232 FG games
An Origin and Test appearance

Not bad for a guy who could only tackle, and even that fairly ineffectively.

Gallen Towers

Juniors
Didn't Sean Rudder get picked to play 5/8th for NSW one year too? I remember they even used Shaun Timmins there once too.