What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luke Kelly & Sandow

Eels Dude

Coach
Outside of the big three, and Inglis how many have played well in rep games? Perhaps Dallas Johnson, but he was playing for QLD. Brett White, Ryan Hoffman, and Matt King never reproduced their club form for NSW. Did you watch City/Country this year? Hinchcliffe was almost invisible, as for the ESL Brett Finch is one of the favourites for Man of Steel (English Dally M equivalent) says it all really.

#SoNoTheyHaven't

Add to that other rep duds like Steve Turner, Anthony Quinn, Ben Cross, Antonio Kaufusi.

#TheresProbablyMore

Parra Pride

Referee
Now that JT has moved to #6, is there a better halfback in the comp than Cronk?

Mate there is a massive shortage of quality halfbacks in the game today, look at his competition, Pearce, Prince, Thompson, Sandow, McCrone, Roberts, Wallace, Hodkinson, Walsh, Hornby, Robson, Reynolds. It wont be long before Cherry-Evans and/or Johnson are ahead of him, and I'd take one of them over Cronk in a heartbeat.

#HowLongHasItTakenForHimToBecomeTheBest?

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
Mate there is a massive shortage of quality halfbacks in the game today, look at his competition, Pearce, Prince, Thompson, Sandow, McCrone, Roberts, Wallace, Hodkinson, Walsh, Hornby, Robson, Reynolds. It wont be long before Cherry-Evans and/or Johnson are ahead of him, and I'd take one of them over Cronk in a heartbeat.

#HowLongHasItTakenForHimToBecomeTheBest?

I agree. As it has been said heaps of times, Cronk has gotten where he is with shear hard work and determination. It shows with how he plays the game. DCE will in time. Johnson can, but time will tell.

Last edited:

caylo

Bench
Now that JT has moved to #6, is there a better halfback in the comp than Cronk?

I think Cronk is a hard worker and thats why he is good. He plays %'s well and and makes good choices but he is hardly the sort of halfback Prince or Thurston are/were. Cronk is lucky that he has someone like Smith inside him who gives him time and space to make decisions.

Guys like Sandow, Cherry-Evans and Johnson all have the ability to be much better halfbacks but I doubt any have the work ethic that someone like Cronk does.

I actually with Keatings game growing and Hayne ability that Sandow will get there, I actually think Sandows kicking game is up there with the best halfbacks in the game

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
I think Cronk is a hard worker and thats why he is good. He plays %'s well and and makes good choices but he is hardly the sort of halfback Prince or Thurston are/were. Cronk is lucky that he has someone like Smith inside him who gives him time and space to make decisions.

Guys like Sandow, Cherry-Evans and Johnson all have the ability to be much better halfbacks but I doubt any have the work ethic that someone like Cronk does.

I actually with Keatings game growing and Hayne ability that Sandow will get there, I actually think Sandows kicking game is up there with the best halfbacks in the game

Agreed. :cool: