What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luke Lewis Rumour

Sugar

Bench
Various Souths forum have rumoured he is moving to Souths:crazy:
In all honesty im over the rumour and wondering if Panther fans can squash the talk.
The rumour has been around for an age but as of yesterday some people are confident he has signed here are some quotes from yesterday.

You heard it hear first and dont ask for my source or how do I know, just accept what I'm saying as gospel.
LUKE LEWIS will be a Rabbitoh within the next 6 weeks if not much sooner.

mail around some of my panther mates is that the deal is done,but I too wait until the club announces it,but edit I think and hope you are right

People the deal was done before Lewy had surgery on his hand. trust me he will be here mid season!

Souths fans seem caught up in it

The Rhino

Juniors
How can we squash it? All we can say is - he is under contract to the Panthers until the end of this season and until heard otherwise, he won't be going anywhere. If he is released by the Panthers, they will announce it on their website.

Ha ha well no offense to lewis at all but would he truly be missed if he went i fail to rate him as a 5/8th or half and well we have plenty of potential in the winger and centre positions so really with lewis staywing with us we are just making younger players wait longer for a chance.

Though i have to say i cant see lewis joining the rabbits but its nrl money comes b4 all so who knows.

Munky

Coach
Lewis is a great winger.

But that is it.

An ok centre and a pretty average stop gap 5/8th. I don't think he'll be missed.

The Tank

Bench
Can you please take Rooney aswell. And Priddis. And Puletua (of the Tony variety). And please (oh, god please!!!!) can you take back Williams (pretty please).

griffo346

First Grade
lol IMO u guys gave up on Williams way too soon i reckon he will fire

however lewis is a good winger made his name as a centre however not a 5/8 possibly a decent back rower as we saw at times last yr

Tony P is been out of form for a while now maybe its time he hung the boots up?

Priddo has been a good servant to the club on and off the field he will be a loss i reckon

Sugar

Bench
griffo346 said:
lol IMO u guys gave up on Williams way too soon i reckon he will fire

however lewis is a good winger made his name as a centre however not a 5/8 possibly a decent back rower as we saw at times last yr

Tony P is been out of form for a while now maybe its time he hung the boots up?

Priddo has been a good servant to the club on and off the field he will be a loss i reckon
After 3 years he didn't fire. JW>>>PL half back

mxlegend99

Referee
I've given up on Joe Williams after 1 Round.

If he can't play out of his skin when a lifeline is thrown to him, piss him off. Jarrod Sammut will be consistant atleast.

choc_soldier

Coach
If he goes, so be it. Won't exactly feel anger towards the club for not retaining him.

Players like Gordon, Jennings, Daniela and Blair are players we can build our future around.

Kilkenny

Coach
Sad as it may be, if we do have another season of finishing outside the top eight then surely the likes of Rooney, Wesser, Lewis, Big T and co have to move on. Luke Lewis like Rooney represented on the back of our 2003 success but both have fallen behind in recent seasons. Luke Lewis was at his best on the wing, like Rooney, and really should be placed back in that position as opposed to being drafted into the centres, halves or back row. I really think the Rooney - Tighe - Jennings - Lewis would be our best outside backs combination with Michael Gordon the obvious replacement should one of the above not be available.

LordLeague

Juniors
Some Panther fans need to have good rethink.

The Panthers fortunes in recent seasons, esp last season, have been linked to ill-discipline, lack of heart, and a failure to compete around the ruck area. In other words, the forwards have done SFA and have failed to consistently lay a platform for the backs. Combined with some turnstile defence courtesy of Presto and more recently Jennings.

It is unfair to point the finger at backs like Rooney and Lewis.

Rooney played a handful of games last year and looked strong. He has once again worked extremely hard in the off season and was one of our best against the Broncos. He is faster than most give him credit for and makes good yards when he hits it up. ROONEY WOULD BE STAR IN MOST TOP EIGHT TEAMS.

In the games he played last year Lewis was all class. He has a low eror rate and when reuqired comes up with the magic touch to come up with the try. He does the little things well when they matter. I've never seen this guy bomb a try EVER. He has worked hard on his defence and is still young and I believe his best form could be ahead of him.

In case you hadn't noticed, Gordon has had 2 quiet seasons, Daniella is playing for Windsor, Blair is hot and cold and needs to start showing more, and these are the guys you want to build a team around.?!?!

Lewis and Rooney have lots to offer and FFS are only 23-24 years old.

I would wait and see if Elliot lasts more than 2 months. These guys and the rest of the team could be different players under a new coach....G Alexander anyone ???

LordLeague

Fibroman

First Grade
I wouldn't blame him for wanting to go.

He would be a loss. He has a wealth of experience and can play anywhere from wing to backrow. A very classy player.

mightypanther

Juniors
LordLeague said:
I would wait and see if Elliot lasts more than 2 months. These guys and the rest of the team could be different players under a new coach....G Alexander anyone ???

LordLeague

This idea I REALLY like.

Piss off Adamson too......and have Brandy as head coach with Girds as assistant coach.

Brilliant idea.

Not sure if the "powers that be" would ever wake up to such a top choice, but I think it would make the majority of Panther fans happier than they have been since 2003.

LordLeague said:
Some Panther fans need to have good rethink.

The Panthers fortunes in recent seasons, esp last season, have been linked to ill-discipline, lack of heart, and a failure to compete around the ruck area. In other words, the forwards have done SFA and have failed to consistently lay a platform for the backs. Combined with some turnstile defence courtesy of Presto and more recently Jennings.

It is unfair to point the finger at backs like Rooney and Lewis.

Rooney played a handful of games last year and looked strong. He has once again worked extremely hard in the off season and was one of our best against the Broncos. He is faster than most give him credit for and makes good yards when he hits it up. ROONEY WOULD BE STAR IN MOST TOP EIGHT TEAMS.

In the games he played last year Lewis was all class. He has a low eror rate and when reuqired comes up with the magic touch to come up with the try. He does the little things well when they matter. I've never seen this guy bomb a try EVER. He has worked hard on his defence and is still young and I believe his best form could be ahead of him.

In case you hadn't noticed, Gordon has had 2 quiet seasons, Daniella is playing for Windsor, Blair is hot and cold and needs to start showing more, and these are the guys you want to build a team around.?!?!

Lewis and Rooney have lots to offer and FFS are only 23-24 years old.

LordLeague

Now you my friend speak my language to a degree the only thing i disagree on is your comments bout gordon blair and danniella.

Gordon in the past 2 yrs has been close to our best players based on consistency daniella hasnt been given much of a run but when has has performed great and blair well yer i guess i do agree about blair.

Lewis and rooney on the other hand are big game players but even you have to admit that both of there forms have gone down since 03 but both are match winners who have just had a bad run, rooney has had his injuries, but when on the field gives it his all week in week out, lewis on the other hand is just struggling consistently simply for the fact that throwing him in at 5/8th puts to much pressure on him to have the ball.

Stick him back on the wing where he can come in when he wants and we will see him fire.

The forwards need to go or to wake up after last week id dump them all besides petro and tony p he didnt have a great game but made a few good runs.

And im not sure about brandy as coach but at this time id take anyone other then elliott i still dont get why we got him to start with and we all said we would give him time well his had time, so now i have to repeat what i said when we first signed him he aint wanted he has no creative flair get the **** out of our club.

Fibroman

First Grade
I think Elliot needs to be given 4-6 rounds to see how the team performs before we call for his head on a platter.

Dave Q

Coach
Williams lacks consistency but when we popped him back in PL last year he became a standout player and fought his way back in.

Not many Panthers have played very consistently in recent years except for Civo.

Its been a bit hard for Rooney to impress without having much ball in recent seasons. Its not like he's made continual stuff ups. He's just become lonely and when he is given a go, its usually only a half chance with the defence so close they are rubbing his back before he's got the ball.

Elliot is not just a coach, he's a whole project. He wont be displaced easily and its still too early.

I agree that the next coach may well come from within the clubs own ranks. If the players improve but still dont win, then I doubt it will be until sometime next year at the earliest.

Only repeated thrashings and especially bad games will seal his fate this year. He will resign before he is forced.

Lewis is a good player and would be a handy acquisition for Souths. Sometime's players just need a fresh environment to excell.

Lets hope Joey embraces that maxim. I expect that he will at some stage. He's the epitomy of a confidence player ( if there is such a thing). Youve seen the naughty side of him but he can do some quite miraculous things.

Remember that he was not just an Australian Schoolboy, he was one of the best of his era there. He has that pedigree.

Fibroman

First Grade
I fear that we are losing the mix we had of youth and experience at Penrith. We have a lot of talented kids between 17-20 who aren't quite ready for the top grade, then there is a void to the remainder of the 2003 brigade who are all in their mid 20's and older.

Dave Q

Coach
Fibroman said:
I fear that we are losing the mix we had of youth and experience at Penrith. We have a lot of talented kids between 17-20 who aren't quite ready for the top grade, then there is a void to the remainder of the 2003 brigade who are all in their mid 20's and older.

Yeah.

Only a Dads Army, boy-soldiers and a few mercenaries are left to defend the west!

At least it doesnt take too long for a boy to become a man out here.

maple_69

Bench
You have to feel sorry for Rooney. Stuck outside Franze and Hookey for 05/06 and then had a very promising opening to 07 before injury put him out for the season. This season he has impressed in the trials. Co-inciding with this has been the fall from form of Gower who supplied alot of cross field kicks to Rooney in 03/04. Events have conspired against him. I don't know if Blair is the type of player to put inside him as he doesn't seem to pass as much, but Jennings or Tighe could really ignite Camel.