What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luke Lewis Rumour

I'm hoping the media are full of sh!t again. Lets put things in perspective here -

Folau $400k
Hodges $350k (from memory)
Luke Lewis $300k

no f#*king way is he anywhere near the same league as those guys and Folau is still just developing. We are out of our minds if we are offering him anything>$200k and that is a stretch figure.

mxlegend99

Referee
Different kind of Rabbit said:
I'm hoping the media are full of sh!t again. Lets put things in perspective here -

Folau $400k
Hodges $350k (from memory)
Luke Lewis $300k

no f#*king way is he anywhere near the same league as those guys and Folau is still just developing. We are out of our minds if we are offering him anything>$200k and that is a stretch figure.
I agree 100%.

He is already being paid overs... and shouldn't be anywhere near the salary of a current rep player.

Dave Q

Coach
If I recall correctly, he was short-listed for origin after a dazzling game in the city/country match wasnt he?

Souths game plan yesterday was to ensure that our backs had less to do than David Hicks at a booklaunch.

Fibroman

First Grade
Lewis is a copy book defender but doesn't posses the pace, acceleration or ball skills to be dangerous in attack.

His best position is wing, where tries can be laid on for him.

I agree, he is only worth 200k. If Souths are offering 300, we must let him go.

Dave Q

Coach
He wont get tries laid on with us at the moment.

Instead he'll be asked to run into three frontrowers who will grind him so far into the dirt, he'll have to breathe through his shorts.

Kilkenny

Coach
Fibroman said:
Lewis is a copy book defender but doesn't posses the pace, acceleration or ball skills to be dangerous in attack.

His best position is wing, where tries can be laid on for him.

I agree, he is only worth 200k. If Souths are offering 300, we must let him go.

200K maximum in my opinion. If the rumours are true and he can pick up the sort of money alleged to be on offer then good luck to Luke as he would be made not to take it.

While it is disappointing to see local products move on, we are certainly in need of a cleanout and need to move on.

Munky

Coach
The Mighty Panther said:
Franze was the beginning of the end of Rooney's form.

IMO he was beginning to lose it in 2004.

In the semi vs the dogs Girds put him into space quite a few times and Rooney just submitted when he reached the fullback, no step, no fend, nothing.

murraymob

Coach
the deal is 300k over 4 years .Penrith decided not to match it.He is a solid first grader but not worth that amount or that length of contract

BxTom

Bench
With all the respect to Lewis and Big Joe that is due to them, Souths signed Big Joe for 300k+ a season and then spent two years trying to get out of the contract :shock:

Tom

Wobbygong

First Grade
Lewis is the first of what sounds like a few that are going to leave the joint. I hope you can sing some decent replacments - Gower????

Geez the board will be spewing Todd Carney knocked the offer back, it's sad to hear some who want to get out, are the top liners that came through the great 2003 side .

Wobbygong

First Grade
Lewis is the first of what sounds like a few that are going to leave the joint. I hope you can sing some decent replacments - Gower????

Geez the board will be spewing Todd Carney knocked the offer back, it's sad to hear some who want to get out, are the top liners that came through the great 2003 side .

mxlegend99

Referee
Aside from Pritchard those that are leaving us are going to be for the best.

Lewis, Rooney, Priddis & Puletua are struggling to play well for us. We have the juniors to replace them at a fraction of their current contracts. Lewis and Rooney have a chance to revive their careers at a new club with a fresh start. So it's in their best interest as well.

Dave Q

Coach
The remaining 2003 topliners have been fatigued or otherwise losing revs since 2004.

For many of them its been a long and slow process.

Lang managed to keep them on life support for an extended period and people forget that they were still in the hunt for a finals berth well into the last 8 games of 2006.

So long as Gowie and Priddo were able to weave their magic, the panthers were a threat.

If people are wondering why so much lattitude was given to the class of 2003 afterwards, they will find that they still dispalyed glimpses of greatness for several years beyond that.

And it was this 'devil you know' policy that finally succumbed to the lure of Project Elliot.

The Panthers remain in a building phase.

In these difficult times, theres still a lot to look forward to

Panthers_God

Juniors
mxlegend99 said:
Aside from Pritchard those that are leaving us are going to be for the best.

Lewis, Rooney, Priddis & Puletua are struggling to play well for us. We have the juniors to replace them at a fraction of their current contracts. Lewis and Rooney have a chance to revive their careers at a new club with a fresh start. So it's in their best interest as well.

Agreed.

I would hate to see Pritchard go. But as for the others.....

Caged Panther

First Grade
To be honest I am a bit dissapointed that his leaving mainly because I guess I've always seen him as a player that would spend his entire career at the Panthers, perhaps even become captain one day. But that is more an emotional response than anything.

On a logical level I can understand why his leaving and why the club hasn't gone all out to keep him.

pantherz9103

First Grade
The club really has to try harder to retain players. I'm pretty disappointed Lewis is leaving because we really need someone with his utility. Rooney imo is doing nothing much here and Priddis is past his best, Big T has been average for a while. But Lewis leaving, that's a loss. We have to keep Pritchard because he still has alot of potential and is a tryscoring backrower.

Latest posts