What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luke O'Donnell: I'm not a thug

smeghead

Bench
The guy is willing to delegate intent to the tackle that tore his hamstring but gets aggro when a touchie does the same thing.

Harden up princess

mxlegend99

Referee
It's hard to say whether or not his intention was to hit any of the blokes in the face...

But the fact it happened several times, and he is suggesting that players change their tackling technique is just f*cking ridiculous. Players have been sent off for a lot less, and others have done worse and played on. **** happens. The worst part of this for him is his abuse toward the officials. It also tells you what sort of person he is.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
iluke argued with the ref that he hadn't thrown a punch at fulton during and altercation, while he is compklaining to the ref in his man-child voice they show footage of him land punches to the the side of fultons head while he was rolling from the tackle.

to be fair to OD i think they were opened palmed girl slaps to the side of fultons head.

the irony of his send off is the one on priddis was far worse and if he was to be sent off it should have been for that one

as for the touchie calling it intentional :crazy:

Big Mick

Referee
It's hard to say whether or not his intention was to hit any of the blokes in the face...

But the fact it happened several times, and he is suggesting that players change their tackling technique is just f*cking ridiculous. Players have been sent off for a lot less, and others have done worse and played on. **** happens. The worst part of this for him is his abuse toward the officials. It also tells you what sort of person he is.

Ah mate its not his go.

Roosterphin1

Juniors
I think he should be suspended but surely if they are consistent he cant after Brent Tate was let off for a worse elbow on Anasta

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
I think Lance Hohaia has enjoyed O'Donnells elbow too.

I know he was sent off for it in Auckland about two years ago.

skeepe

Immortal
Wasnt backplay, Monaghan had the ball

Wrong. The ball was long gone by the time O'Donnell deliberately raised his elbow and hit him flush in the jaw. O'Donnell is a disgrace and Matt Elliott's assessment of him is spot on, IMO. He'll be lucky to get away with less than 10 weeks following his outburst here.

Mr Saab

Referee
awful lot of Tigers fans posting in this thread. what a surprise.

The only "suprise" was Carl Webb one again showing a lack of discipline.
He getsa tickle across the face and decides to take the matter into his own hands...AGAIN.

Bazal

Post Whore
I think he has a sh!thouse technique....Don't get me wrong, he's a grub as well. But the number of elbows strikes me as a technique issue. No pun intended...

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
As mentioned by Doc Crane, O'Donnell was sent-off in 2006 for ANOTHER elbowing incident. In that case, he elbowed a prone Lance Hohaia in the face, having knocked him to the ground with a head-high tackle. iirc he only got a 1 week suspension and some people called it a harsh send-off, which I found perplexing.

griffo346

First Grade
he does it all the time when carrying the ball

0,,6069917,00.jpg

Buckshot

Juniors
I posted this in another thread for what it's worth.

What no one has commented on yet is the boys are now taught to raise the forearm to protrect the ball at the point of collision. This shielding the ball has come in over the last 18 months. Normally the player with the ball raises the forearm vertically in front of the ball to act as a shield,O,Donnell has got into the habit lately of raising the arm horizontally which can bring the elbow into play which makes it look worse then it really is ( not that contact was made with the elbow last night , it was clearly the forearm). In both instances last night he had his palm open, which is not what you normally see when you are about to put a shot on someone with an elbow.

It was a huge call from the touchy to say it was intentional !
progress.gif

Bazal

Post Whore
I posted this in another thread for what it's worth.

What no one has commented on yet is the boys are now taught to raise the forearm to protrect the ball at the point of collision. This shielding the ball has come in over the last 18 months. Normally the player with the ball raises the forearm vertically in front of the ball to act as a shield,O,Donnell has got into the habit lately of raising the arm horizontally which can bring the elbow into play which makes it look worse then it really is ( not that contact was made with the elbow last night , it was clearly the forearm). In both instances last night he had his palm open, which is not what you normally see when you are about to put a shot on someone with an elbow.

It was a huge call from the touchy to say it was intentional !
progress.gif

Errr....except the ball was in the other arm?

Fighting41

Juniors
Wrong. The ball was long gone by the time O'Donnell deliberately raised his elbow and hit him flush in the jaw. O'Donnell is a disgrace and Matt Elliott's assessment of him is spot on, IMO. He'll be lucky to get away with less than 10 weeks following his outburst here.

spt_tigers030325.jpg

r19ielbow.jpg

r19ielbow1.jpg

0,,6069365,00.jpg

PENRITH coach Matthew Elliott last night described North Queensland second rower Luke O'Donnell as a serial offender when it comes to raising the forearm

Last edited: