What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luke O'Donnell: I'm not a thug

innsaneink

Referee
Wrong. The ball was long gone by the time O'Donnell deliberately raised his elbow and hit him flush in the jaw. O'Donnell is a disgrace and Matt Elliott's assessment of him is spot on, IMO. He'll be lucky to get away with less than 10 weeks following his outburst here.

LOL...long gone

Danish

Referee
I posted this in another thread for what it's worth.

What no one has commented on yet is the boys are now taught to raise the forearm to protrect the ball at the point of collision. This shielding the ball has come in over the last 18 months. Normally the player with the ball raises the forearm vertically in front of the ball to act as a shield,O,Donnell has got into the habit lately of raising the arm horizontally which can bring the elbow into play which makes it look worse then it really is ( not that contact was made with the elbow last night , it was clearly the forearm). In both instances last night he had his palm open, which is not what you normally see when you are about to put a shot on someone with an elbow.

It was a huge call from the touchy to say it was intentional !

progress.gif

Didn't you just spend the first paragraph of your post telling us that LOD has been intentionally raising his elbow a alot recently in a bid to fend off players??

Fending with the forearm/elbow is illegal. LOD has been intentionally committing an illegal act in a bid to gain advantage.

tiger_nick

Bench
great player but spends way too much time suspended or injured or both.

even after he left the tigers i still loved him as a player, however his childish whinging and victim mentality has lost me. happy to dish it out and break other peoples jaws, however when it happens to him the world is caving in.

Minotaur

Juniors
Luke O'Donnell is a dead set drop kick. "Why wont people stop picking on me??? It's not my fault that I'm a grub that takes every advantage, whether it being legal or illegal"

Whats good for the goose is good for the gander. Maybe last years wishbone was bad karma coming back at him for his dog tactics.

Special K

Coach
if paul gallen did this you would all be calling for criminal charges again

the best part was thurston laughing saying "oooo thats a big call!"

Last edited:

Charlie124

First Grade
The only "suprise" was Carl Webb one again showing a lack of discipline.
He getsa tickle across the face and decides to take the matter into his own hands...AGAIN.

Gee you're bad at this. :lol:
If you were trying to have a go at Carl Webb for something you would have said it WASN'T a surprise to see him show ill discipline. The way you said it just makes you look like you have no idea what you're talking about, which seems to happen a lot with you.

BTW, who mentioned Carl Webb? you constantly bring him up in topics he has nothing to do with, i dont know if you're trying your best to bait me or you just have a hard on for him but whichever it is, seek help, or just do us a favour and run along.

kedwav_warrior

Juniors
There are some real sick people in this forum to be happy watching people being seriously hurt. Ever since that tackle last year LOD has had a chip on his shoulder, right or wrong, however i cannot blame him. How it was all treated was disgusting. The blokes in that tackle should have suspended for along time. Intent to injure someone is a disgraceful act. What happened saturday night you will see many times each weekend. He should have been on report and penalised and left too it. A send off is a weak act from the Touch judge. Watch any game with Brent Kite, Greg Bird you name a long list of people who use there elbow or there knees when making contact with defenders. Its time people in this game woke up and stopped this rot because the game is starting to struggle as it is.

I understand all of you Wests fans disliking LOD you have to hate someone. But fair dinkum this whole business applauding a tackle which put him out for a year is terrible. Just remember you fans might end up supporting the Cowboys when your club goes under in a few years.

There are some real sick people in this forum to be happy watching people being seriously hurt. Ever since that tackle last year LOD has had a chip on his shoulder, right or wrong, however i cannot blame him. How it was all treated was disgusting. The blokes in that tackle should have suspended for along time. Intent to injure someone is a disgraceful act. What happened saturday night you will see many times each weekend. He should have been on report and penalised and left too it. A send off is a weak act from the Touch judge. Watch any game with Brent Kite, Greg Bird you name a long list of people who use there elbow or there knees when making contact with defenders. Its time people in this game woke up and stopped this rot because the game is starting to struggle as it is.

I understand all of you Wests fans disliking LOD you have to hate someone. But fair dinkum this whole business applauding a tackle which put him out for a year is terrible. Just remember you fans might end up supporting the Cowboys when your club goes under in a few years.

I'd eat your **** before I'd follow the Cowboys.

And **** LOD.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Wait for it:

"It's not his go"

He's already wasted his "not my go" card on his sickening shot on Mick Monaghan in 2003. I find it laughable he suggests that was an accident, leading with the forearm is one thing, that could be argued as accidential if you didnt have a history of it, but for LOD to claim the hit on Monnas years ago was accidential? Laughable, i remember the hit and it was late, hit and very intentional
11 weeks was light

Buckshot

Juniors
Re: Luke O'Donnell: I'm not a thug
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckshot

What no one has commented on yet is the boys are now taught to raise the forearm to protrect the ball at the point of collision. This shielding the ball has come in over the last 18 months. Normally the player with the ball raises the forearm vertically in front of the ball to act as a shield,O,Donnell has got into the habit lately of raising the arm horizontally which can bring the elbow into play which makes it look worse then it really is ( not that contact was made with the elbow last night , it was clearly the forearm). In both instances last night he had his palm open, which is not what you normally see when you are about to put a shot on someone with an elbow.

progress.gif

Errr....except the ball was in the other arm?

Wrong. The ball was carried in the left arm and Lewis was hit with the right forearm. As I have explained above it is a shield of the ball that has caused the problems not a deliberate elbow.
Would you like diagrams ?

Buckshot

Juniors
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckshot

progress.gif

Didn't you just spend the first paragraph of your post telling us that LOD has been intentionally raising his elbow a alot recently in a bid to fend off players??

Fending with the forearm/elbow is illegal. LOD has been intentionally committing an illegal act in a bid to gain advantage.

Did you even read the post ?

I am saying that players are taught ( in Juniors and seniors ) to protect the ball at point of contact.This is done by using the loose arm as a shield ( with me so far ?).
The players are taught to protect the ball with a vertical arm in front of the ball , O'Donnell in the past couple of weeks has incorrectly been using the arm in a horizontal position which means that the forearm/elbow has more potential to hit the throat/face of the defender.
This is I believe a technical flaw which I have seen in many players and a reason why I don't like the act and must be corrected.

Once again I am not saying that O'Donnell should go unpunished ,I am saying that it was unintentional.

mepelthwack

Juniors
There are some real sick people in this forum to be happy watching people being seriously hurt. Ever since that tackle last year LOD has had a chip on his shoulder, right or wrong, however i cannot blame him. How it was all treated was disgusting. The blokes in that tackle should have suspended for along time. Intent to injure someone is a disgraceful act.

Don't have the audacity to call others sick when you suggest the Tigers may be around any less than forever and even more then go on to suggest a Tigers fan may stoop as low as to follow the Cowboys, a team well and truly owned on the field by the Tigers, get real!!

Fact 1 : The so-called, "Wish-Bone" tackle has been examined and re-examined and no Tigers player was ever found to have a case to answer.

Fact 2 : Luke O'Donnell is a thug

For what it's worth I am sorry O'Donell got seriously hurt in that accident against the Tigers but really think he should try and lose that chip on his shoulder and give up on all the whinging and whining already. Get on with life and change your ways O'Donnell please!

Have a nice day!

Scorpio30

Bench
Just saw the incidents from the Penrith game on the news...Including him sooking....A thug indeed he is.