What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luke THE CAT Burt

strider

Post Whore
The most important games we've had in 2 years were the 2009 finals series.

The game where he missed the kick from in front and ended a chance of making it to the finals was pretty important.

15th v 16th... . It was important from the sense that we didn't wanna finish last but at the end of the day it meant nothing.

Credit where credit is due, like i said, Luke played well and put in effort in our last game of the year. Would be better if the 2nd most senior player in our side had this kind of effort a bit more often.

maybe if he wasn't on the far edge of the field all game (ie wing) he could have more impact

look i agree - burt is often woeful in defense and he certainly isn't a hard runner of the ball, but he does have plenty to offer when given the chance .... likewise, Sandow missed 11 tackles on friday night, but frankly I don't care cos he'll offer us so much we don't have at the moment - take the good with the bad

oldmancraigy

Coach
Ashley reckons Daniel Mortimer would have played better than Burt. You can see Burt communicating with the team and barking orders, he obviously plays a large role in organizing the side.

One wonders what might have happened if Kearney had put Burt to halfback INSTEAD of Hayne to 5/8 all those weeks ago?

Tough to say because Burt is very much a 'respond to the challenge' type player (his best game in years was that game at fullback vs the Tigers when we first put Hayne at 5/8 --> then a solid game at halfback last night) - would he play well over a number of weeks?

IMO - Kearney's biggest mistake was to move Hayne, I think we'd have won a few more games if he left him at fullback and did something else (like Burt to half in attack and wing in D).

Oh well - you're only as good as your last game

its kind of hard to judge form based on last night because the titans served the game up to us on a silver platter with a dismal completion rate and lots of missed tackles how would burt go in the halves against the dragons or storm?

Last edited:

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I did like Noddy's comment lasst night, Parra haven't had a halfback all season and Burt isn't one but he is better than anything else they have tried :lol: Burty played well but Morts would have looked good against a team that couldn't catch a cold or tackle to save their lives.

Burty played well but Morts would have looked good against a team that couldn't catch a cold or tackle to save their lives.
i forget which game it was but in one of our rare wins the opposition had no line speed at all and with the extra space and time to move robson looked like thurston :D

oldmancraigy

Coach
I did like Noddy's comment lasst night, Parra haven't had a halfback all season and Burt isn't one but he is better than anything else they have tried :lol: Burty played well but Morts would have looked good against a team that couldn't catch a cold or tackle to save their lives.

c'mon - let's not get carried away here.

Latest posts