What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luke THE CAT Burt

yy_cheng

Coach
I think he was joking mate.

The joke is that people say Burt does that well from fullback, but the numbers show that in games he plays fullback (over 10 years) we have a 30% win record and are hopeless defensively (almost 30ppg against on average in games he played FB)

I know he was joking but I am serious.

He would make an awesome trainer.

Direct the play and defense, give little pep talks whilst he squeezes the Gatorade bottle to the boys and the best thing, he doesn't need to tackle or take bombs!

oldmancraigy

Coach
I know he was joking but I am serious.

He would make an awesome trainer.

Direct the play and defense, give little pep talks whilst he squeezes the Gatorade bottle to the boys and the best thing, he doesn't need to tackle or take bombs!

If only we could harness his backing up and finishing as part of his trainer duties :sarcasm:

oldmancraigy

Coach
Is there a reason the 'most selfish' thread was merged into this one?

They are making very different points - one asserts that Luke Burt is a cat; the other questions whether he is a very selfish player.

Can't fathom why the one asking a valid question ought to be merged into the one making personal attacks...

Bigfella

Coach
This blokes opinion is poorly expressed and can come across as disrespectful
and a bit nasty - but I agree with the general sentiment.

His defence is so far from first grade standard that itbia part of our soft underbelly.

Guys like him and cayless have been umderperfoers and protected species throughout our underachieving period. For the culture change to takeneffwct he has to go.

Hindy's form over the last 6 weeks h's been in the same boat but I think he cab come good next year. New captain though an some more bench time

yy_cheng

Coach
This blokes opinion is poorly expressed and can come across as disrespectful
and a bit nasty - but I agree with the general sentiment.

His defence is so far from first grade standard that itbia part of our soft underbelly.

Guys like him and cayless have been umderperfoers and protected species throughout our underachieving period. For the culture change to takeneffwct he has to go.

Hindy's form over the last 6 weeks h's been in the same boat but I think he cab come good next year. New captain though an some more bench time

I too think it is time to bench Hindy for some period of play.

He is not going to be here that much longer and our over reliance of him in defense will cause a Cronin/Price retiring syndrome post hindy.

The attitude that hindy will be there to clean up might linger on and of course, he wont be there.

SeftonBoy

Juniors
I've given up on him. I've decided that Luke Burt is either:
(a) the most selfish player in the NRL.
OR
(b) has money on us to win the spoon

Since I can't believe (b) it leaves me thinking he's simply selfish.

We could get one of those kids who played at halftime out there on the wing, and they'd do a better job of catching bombs, and would've made more effort to tackle Takairangi. Consistently letting bombs bounce and his "efforts" defensively have led me to believe that he's the most selfish player in the NRL.

I wonder what the rest of the team thinks? They're busting their humps all night long defensively, and then Burt just runs out of the line and stands next to a bloke not moving. I'd call it an attempted tackle, but that is harsh on the word tackle.

Hicks is 34, much older than Luke, but far more professional and far more team oriented. Hayne lobs one over his head early in the game, Hicks puts up his hand and says 'my bad I was out of position.' Hayne throws one at his bootlaces - Hicks doesn't blow up at Jarryd, but winces about the missed chance.

Keating doesn't pass to Burt, he throws his head back like he's been shot, moans and whinges in the in-goal, and doesn't get back in the line for the next play.

I hope someone who knows Luke reads this forum: Tell him to stop being so selfish and start putting in for his mates.
Your buddy Hindy made 70 tackles, how can you look him in the eye at training this week after that 'attempt' - there's simply no excuse.
Hayne and Hicks caught a bunch of bombs, how can you look them in the eye after repeatedly pulling your arms away AND making Morgan catch one for you?

stop being so selfish and start putting in for your mates - or get lost and don't come back.

Mate I was saying this last year. The guy should not even been given a start this year. If playing Burt is building for the future well the future is looking bleak.

To me he looks like he wants the glory without putting in the hard stuff, getting physical

I neber rated Burt at the start i though he was a weak push over. But the last 3-4 years he has been excellent and a very smart footy player. This year he has been rubbish and the old burt that i didn't rate. That missed tackle was probably the worst one ive seen at Parra Stadium.

Burt has been a legend for us but its time for him to retire same goes for Hindmarsh. Both Legends but old age happens in league.

John Kolc

Juniors
Yea lets sack the whole team that should do it. When they are playing well next year in a stronger team let's see how sily th:(ese comments are.

Kornstar

Coach
Yea lets sack the whole team that should do it. When they are playing well next year in a stronger team let's see how sily th:(ese comments are.

It's getting pretty bad when Hindmarsh is starting to cop it from his own clubs fans.....

DeanPay98

Juniors
Negatives can build on negatives. It has been a bad season for a number of reasons. There have been some promising signs despite the gloom. We are better off drawing a line through the season and preparing for next year. The criticisms of Burt, and even Hindy, though they may have some foundation, should only be re-visited if the problems persist through to next year. I would think that a team with at least three points of attack, rather than one, would have less problems than this team.

Delboy

First Grade
I think Jake is actually expressing the thoughts of a number of fans, Luke is a great team man and his worth to the club ( as Hindy) should not be underestimated.

However, Friday night really showed that he would find it tough to get a permanent start at any other NRL club, we need to not be emotional and understand that even without a couple of further signings, now we have a goalkicker he will be judged as a winger or fullback, and that will not be an easy path to a weekly game.

I think Jake is actually expressing the thoughts of a number of fans, Luke is a great team man and his worth to the club ( as Hindy) should not be underestimated.

However, Friday night really showed that he would find it tough to get a permanent start at any other NRL club, we need to not be emotional and understand that even without a couple of further signings, now we have a goalkicker he will be judged as a winger or fullback, and that will not be an easy path to a weekly game.

Yep, Proof is in the pudding WE ARE COMING STONE MOTHERLESS.

But what i really love is how they say I'm attackng Burt and Hindmarsh. Its just a fekking observation.

Kornstar

Coach
Yep, Proof is in the pudding WE ARE COMING STONE MOTHERLESS.

But what i really love is how they say I'm attackng Burt and Hindmarsh. Its just a fekking observation.

So people on here make observations about the coaching staff and administration and get hounded down but you are aloud to observe anything you would like without anyone being allowed to comment?

Latest posts