What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luke THE CAT Burt

The Eels Shed

Juniors
I dont think anyone is blaming just Burt, but lets be honest, he is he worst defender at fullback, never challenges bombs, offers meek resistance as the last line..Great in attack, diabolical in defence.

dazeely

First Grade
The effort from Hindmarsh, Lasalo, McGuire and about half the team is worse. Name me one fullback who is going to stop Inglis in flight one on one..... there aren't many and they'd have moe chance of winning Lotto,

Spot on. Hindy is having the worst game I have ever seen him have. Plenty of friends though. Suppose one in 300 isn't too bad though.

strider

Post Whore
I'm wondering what the term cat is meant to mean? - is he like a panther? amazing agility and pounces on everything? .... or a lion? fierce and formidale? .... or a tiger? maybe

We know you're a Burt defender , same with that Twizzle ma Nizzle dude and a few others because he smiled and signed your titties once. He is a joke. & why the hell is the best player in the club forced to play out of position to accomodate him? Who knows.

You seriously think they moved Hayne because they wanted Burt to play fullback? Holy shit you're a muppet.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
The OP has a massive vendetta against Burt but tonight showed why Hayne has to be fullback for 2012. Burt is not denfensively up to the role of a fullback. Mind you you can't blame him when our forwards were absolutely disgraceful. The team bar Fui was flat as a tack, looks like the close losses have taken there toll.

hindy111

Post Whore
I dont like Hayne at 5/8....He realy looks more dangerous at fullback.Yes i know it took lockyer a year to adjust but still i just think he looks a lot more dangerours lurking... And MK - I still cant believe we havent looked harder for no 9-This is as weak a spot as our centres

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Fair dinkum.

Plenty of mates yes. Etu Useless, Hicks, McGuire, Keating, Lasalo arent 1st graders. Horo & Ben Smith are out of position.

Burt is a veteran playing in his preferred position not having a dig at all and it happens All to often with this idiot. Can't wait till the club pisses him off. Players like him are the poster boys for our mediocrity. Piss off!

tell me about your career in the NRL ? bet you are a bigger cat then Burt.

Just because he had a poor game doesn't mean he is a cat.

jason taylor

Bench
I dont like Hayne at 5/8....He realy looks more dangerous at fullback.Yes i know it took lockyer a year to adjust but still i just think he looks a lot more dangerours lurking... And MK - I still cant believe we havent looked harder for no 9-This is as weak a spot as our centres

Arn't we signing some Castleford hooker? and we are linked to Anthony Watts

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
The OP has a massive vendetta against Burt but tonight showed why Hayne has to be fullback for 2012. Burt is not denfensively up to the role of a fullback. Mind you you can't blame him when our forwards were absolutely disgraceful. The team bar Fui was flat as a tack, looks like the close losses have taken there toll.

Hayne looks to be trying to hard as a play maker as well ( which isn't really his fault because no-one else in the side can do it). I think he can't wait for next year when he can go back to focusing on his running game while doing the occasional play making with 2 other play makers in Roberts and Sandow in the side

PARRA_FAN

Coach

Lockyer was a 5/8 when he debuted but moved to fullback when Kevvie Walters was still at Brisbane.

Hayne is trying to be established into a classy 5/8, but so far its not working.

I agree put him back to fullback, there were times when he just wasnt in the game and seemed out of position tonight.