What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LU's Favourite TV Show

Misanthrope

Staff member
Defying all expectations, the current top two are not prestige, big budget TV epics, but comedies!

We shall see if that continues as more votes come in.

Matua

Bench
Could only be the two S's.
Oddly enough neither of those dent my top 30. Too much Simpson's watching every night at 6:30pm ruined any love I had for the show and as much as I think some Seinfield episodes are great, it didn't survive an attempted rewatch for me.

Xcalibre

Juniors
You wont find GoT on Netflix, it's an HBO show so they'll protect it for their own streaming services (and probably Fox in Oz). As I said Breaking Bad doesn't dent my list, like you not trying to be uber kewl I just don't love it like others do.

I've got a short list of 46 shows, not I need to figure out some way to rate them to get them down to a Top 30 and in what order. I can probably do the top 10, the hard part being that I can't figure out how to rate comedies against dramas ....

Yes, not having Netflix is less of an issue than not having fox showcase/hbo in regards to some of the more popular shows.

Personally I think GoT is ridiculous and the fact it’s so popular is even more so. Breaking Bad was alright but I only saw a few episodes. It wasn’t that compelling. Ozark which is very similar is far better imo.

Matua

Bench
Yes, not having Netflix is less of an issue than not having fox showcase/hbo in regards to some of the more popular shows.

Personally I think GoT is ridiculous and the fact it’s so popular is even more so. Breaking Bad was alright but I only saw a few episodes. It wasn’t that compelling. Ozark which is very similar is far better imo.
I think it might seem like that but I think it might come down to awareness? Shows on Fox are the big name ones we hear about, but I watch a lot of Netflix shows, but there's often just so many of them. Fox have the three or four big HBO shows so easier to remember. Well, that's how it seems to me.

axl rose

Bench
Hotdogs Uplate

hqdefault.jpg

axl rose

Bench
Have been catching up on the later seasons of Curb Your Enthusiasm lately. Larry David is a genius. It has surpassed Seinfeld for mine.

I actually found a worse show, almost. There was a MASH spinoff called Walter where Radar becomes a police detective. Then again Shane Warne also had a talk show.

Ahhh brings back memories of the worst and shortest-lived shows.. more in Australian TV...

Holiday island
Pacific Drive
The Hard Yards
The Comedy Sale
Family Double Dare
Bob Morrison show
David Tench Tonight
The Shire

And some ones I can’t remember the name of..

Lara bingles show..
Mick Molloy’s Saturday night show (on channel 9 from memory)
The return of hey hey it’s Saturday - on a Wednesday.. don’t think they changed the name.. maybe they did

Others??