What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lyon or Hayne - You decide

JOB 3:14

Juniors
Hmmm. I wonder how they feel having a player who has no intention of staying even before he got there. Mabye he should go and pull beers in Wee waa. He couldnt even commit to that.

yy_cheng

Coach
Has anyone noticed before Hayne runs to the line, he shows the ball and shimmys or does some footwork stuff.

He sometimes reminds me of Tahu when he does that.

The other thing I like about Hayne is that he runs hard at the line when there is a wall in front of him.

Hurriflatch

Referee
While Hayne hasn't gotten to the full Origin or Test Status he has done a lot in the junior level rep teams

as a 15-16 year old playing in the NSW under 17's scoring 4 tries (youngest player in the game)
scoring 2 tries for NSW under 19's as a 18 yr old (Youngest player in the game)
scoring 2 tries for Parra in the 2005 reggies Grand Final as a 17 yr old (Youngest player in the game)

Scoring 4 tries in the SG Ball Grand Final in 2004
Scoring 4 tries in the semi final for SG Ball in 2004

SG Ball is an under 17's comp, Hayne was 16 AT THE TIME.

Shortly, after the SG Ball comp finished in 2004 Hayne was signed to a 5 year deal, he extended that by 1 year with the 2 year deal he signed this year.

Utey

Coach
eelavation said:
I can tell you that alot of St Helens fans haven't been crazy with Judas's form of late, in fact he's almost a shadow the player he was last year.

this is why negotiations during the season need to be scrapped asap.

Stagger eel

Staff member
<UPtheEELS> said:
this is why negotiations during the season need to be scrapped asap.

unless the NRL can provide a couple 100 private detectives to work 24/7 it's completely un avoidable.

Nikki

Coach
I would choose Hayne hands down.

I dont have the luxury of seeing any ESL games but from photos I have seen of Jamie lit ooks like he has put a little bit of beef on (probably needed for the coldness of England). As someone pointed out about earlier I just wonder if he could recapture the speed that would be needed to play in the NRL. A lot has happened over the last 2-3 years and the game is evolving at break neck speed. Sure he may stand up opposition players in the ESL but its a well known fact that its a slightly slower game over there.

Put that together with the fact I wouldnt trust the cat as far as I can throw him I wouldnt have him back...

lucablight

First Grade
Parralight it just sounds like you have a case of the sour grapes and you're trying to convince yourself something that you know deep down isn't true. (about Lyon being a bad player)

parralight

Juniors
lucablight said:
Parralight it just sounds like you have a case of the sour grapes and you're trying to convince yourself something that you know deep down isn't true. (about Lyon being a bad player)

I NEVER at any time said that Judas was a bad player.
When I first started this thread I was a little worried that most posters were stuck in a sort of time warp as far as Judas is concerned. Thankfully most now see that Hayne would be a better long term investment.

You know BS did trial Judas as a 5/8 when he was here but quickly put him back to Centre.

Dont get me wrong - I would really like to have Judas at the eels but I for one am not ready to cut my wrists about it. I am recognising the talents of the player we do have.

Its easy to stand out against a bunch of English plodders (and I m sorry but save for a few players, most over there would struggle to play first grade here) than to play in the NRL. Judas WAS good but lets see how good he is now.

I stand by my opinion that he will be good next year - but he will NOT be a matchwinner and certainly wont be worth the money he wants or thinks he deserves.

Latest posts