What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lyon or Hayne - You decide

parralight

Juniors
BlueNGoldBlood said:
Parralight i dont think youve read my posts...

Read them again, i am agreeing with you about the fact we dont have lyon and that we should move on, but i dont agree with you about the talent wise...YET

Give hayne a few years before we judge him against Lyon

The only one crying about judas is the person who made this thread :roll:

Yeah I read them.
The fact is that we have differing views thats all.

As for crying about judas - perhaps you should read my posts ?
- and sorry for making this thread :roll:
It was midnight and Im waiting for the soccer - my apologies.:roll:

parralight

Juniors
btaag said:
Ok, sorry. I will get more specific.

All I am tryin to say is lets not be too upset, or go on and on and on and on repeating ourselves, posting identical threads to what has been posted for 6 months about Jaime Lyon.

Talk about it all you want I guess. We are not forced to read it (even though I do! :p )

I obviously owe you an apology too for posting this :roll:

Just trying to get people to stop whinging about missing out on Judas and appreciating the wonderful players we have - hence the post.

BlueNGoldBlood

Juniors
parralight said:
Yeah I read them.
The fact is that we have differing views thats all.

As for crying about judas - perhaps you should read my posts ?
- and sorry for making this thread :roll:
It was midnight and Im waiting for the soccer - my apologies.:roll:

Mate fair enough i wasnt having a go at you or anything, i was agreeing with you, thats why its a bit annoying to constantly see these lyon threads

If everyone had the same opinions and views the world and this forum wouldnt be worth living in

No hard feelings ey but the sarcasm isnt required, go the socceroos and go parra ;-)

btaag

Juniors
parralight said:
I obviously owe you an apology too for posting this :roll:

Just trying to get people to stop whinging about missing out on Judas and appreciating the wonderful players we have - hence the post.

No need to apologise at all! :crazy: post what you want! (as I said, I read it too).

I too am waiting for the Football to start, and will thus forget about Judas for a day and concentrate on this MASSIVE game!!!!

Go Aussies!!!!!!!!!!

parralight

Juniors
BlueNGoldBlood said:
Mate fair enough i wasnt having a go at you or anything, i was agreeing with you, thats why its a bit annoying to constantly see these lyon threads

If everyone had the same opinions and views the world and this forum wouldnt be worth living in

No hard feelings ey but the sarcasm isnt required, go the socceroos and go parra ;-)

Its sweet - but I was just returning the sarcasm you know....

Rookie

Juniors
I watched St Helens on Friday and he is still playing centre so I dont know where the whole 5/8 thing comes from. He is probably better than Ben Smith but I dont think by that much. Tahu is at least his equal. Given these things, I dont think he is that great a loss. I am angry he has again stuffed the club around but not that concerned anymore he has ditched us.

jayjayselmes

Juniors
parralight said:
OK Its now time to stop all this whinging -

We arnt going to get Lyon.

When Lyon left we thought the world had caved in and we would never see the like again.
WE WERE WRONG.
We have the player - Jarryd Hayne.

Think of it this way -

You are the CEO of a football team and (not withstanding Judas latest turn) you are asked to decide on EITHER Hayne or Lyon but not both. - WHo would you choose.

I reckon Hayne.

Hayne is younger.
Hayne is Faster.
Hayne is better under the high ball.
Hayne is as equal to Lyon as a defender.
Hayne is loyal and wants to be an eel.

OK Lyon is a good footballer but time will weary him, I for one can recall when Lyon did play for us and we didnt win premierships. He is NOT Andrew Johns no matter what he or his manager thinks.

If you dont rate Hayne that much, how about Hayne, Inu and Tahu????

Look at Haynes progression over the last 3 months. 6 months ago I was saying that within 2 years he will play for Aust and there were people going - no way. Now everyone is a Hayne fan. I honestly believe that if Hayne went onto the market this year he would attract offers in the 300K range.

IMO we should all get over it. Judas is not coming but I would rather have those three players anyday. They are the players that will win us premierships not Lyon.

Lets look forward to next year not be down in the fact that we wont be getting Judas.

is this some sort of Joke??? Surely it is!

Lyon has never had a bad season ever in football a very good player and also very consistent in his ability and we are comparing him to an unknown 18 year old kid I mean common whos pulling themselves here??

I think hayne will be good and is great in defence but average in attck and havent seen 1 break in 6 first grade games. Mayube is attack will change lets hope so we need more in attack thats what we dont have!

Gronk

Staff member
Hayne is a kid with potential to succeed in the NRL.

Lyon has proven that he can compete at NRL, SoO and International level and is robust enough to compete week in week out without getting injured (refer SBW). Sadly he's worth every cent.

James_Hardie

Juniors
There is little point comparing Lyon the centre to Hayne the wing/fullback because Lyon wants to return to the NRL as a 5/8. (but i am not critising the thread)

He will be a flop at 5/8. Anyone who saw Gasnier at 5/8 again on friday against Brisbane will have seen him fail miserably again as a 5/8. Lyon and Gas are very similar players, with subtle differences, but both are useless 5/8's for the simple reason that they don't create play with vision, they create with instinct. 5/8's need to be able to do both.

Hayne has shown enough already at a young age that he will be the goods.

Stagger eel

Staff member
don't worry about who's more talented if I had to choose who I want in the trenchs with me I'd just trust Jarryd more than the other bloke.

spiderdan

Bench
apples and oranges right now. hayne has five games of nrl lyon has six years since starting in top grade.

i will say though that comparing hayne to lyon at the same age and stage of their first grade careers, hayne wins hands down in my opinion.

i'm not saying lyon was bad, i actually raved about him being a prodigy to mates before he debuted, but hayne has impressed me more.

give it the off-season. i wouldn't be surprised if you hear the phrase "if he's good enough, he's old enough" when people talk about hayne around origin time next year.

parralight

Juniors
spiderdan said:
apples and oranges right now. hayne has five games of nrl lyon has six years since starting in top grade.

i will say though that comparing hayne to lyon at the same age and stage of their first grade careers, hayne wins hands down in my opinion.

i'm not saying lyon was bad, i actually raved about him being a prodigy to mates before he debuted, but hayne has impressed me more.

give it the off-season. i wouldn't be surprised if you hear the phrase "if he's good enough, he's old enough" when people talk about hayne around origin time next year.

Thankyou. THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I AM SAYING.
Missing out on Judas is not the end of the world. - AND he will be average next year esp if he plays 5/8. (and be assured that will be his demand whereever he goes) - lets just wait and see.

JOB 3:14

Juniors
I dont think you can compare the two. Hayne is not proven. He shows huge potential but you are not a great player after a couple of first grade games
e.g tim smith
In saying that i would pick Hayne, if was CEO i wouldnt invest on a player who doesnt have commitment.

Stagger eel

Staff member
parralight said:
Thankyou. THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I AM SAYING.
Missing out on Judas is not the end of the world. - AND he will be average next year esp if he plays 5/8. (and be assured that will be his demand whereever he goes) - lets just wait and see.

I can tell you that alot of St Helens fans haven't been crazy with Judas's form of late, in fact he's almost a shadow the player he was last year.

Hurriflatch

Referee
Hayne hasn't been able to make many breaks because his inside men aren't doing enough but Hayne still makes 100+ metres a game.

Against Souths Hayne had made over 100 metres in the 1st half.

Lyon at this point has been proven at the highest level of our game but it's only a matter of time before Hayne gets there and proves himself.

Untill that time though Lyon will still be the better player on paper.

now, as far as who I'd prefer to have at the club thats easy Hayne.

and yes I'm finally back after a month away.

Latest posts