What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

lyon to penrith?

PB

Bench
Manly can argue re-straint of trade, we can argue they were trying to talk to a contracted player beofre June 30.

Half is right he could have lived in Pnerith/lower mountains and played for Parra.

I to was feeling for him when he left, but if he turns out at Parra stadium in another clubs colours in the near future, i hope parra supporters remember the miserable year we have had this year, and i hope they remember how badly we have missed a centre this year. He is a deserter and soft, i wouldnt serve him in my shop in parramatta!! (if i had one....)

COACH STERLING

Juniors
I would not release him at all! If this means sacrificing a little bit of money in the process I would not release him under any circumstances. Clearly the ball is in Fitzy court and he should not take the weak option. Let him sit it out until 2007. Nobody would be interested in Jamie after being out for 3yrs. If this was shown to Jamie in black and White he would not have any other option other than

1.Play for Parra

2. Retire from NRL all together.

Jamie, your a DOG!

CliffyIsGod

First Grade
Glenn said:
Hmmm can't stand the city life yet wants to move to Manly :-k :^o

Andrew Walker is a country boy and has a few acres in Frenchs Forrest with his horses. Lyon can do the same thing. :)

True EEL

Bench
can people see now that it was Jamie's relationship with BS that drove him out??

and what did you want him to do???? leave the club in Round 2 and say straight out.......yep its the coach he is an asshole and i can't work with him (because of his treatment of players and coaching styles and recruitment policy) and i can't imagine how any of the other players can??????

did you really want him to do that and blow the whole club open more than he already did by leaving in the first place????

and can't people see now that other players don't want to be there either because of the same things???? Lyon, Dykes, Thorman (and maybe even Vaealiki) and even PJ for that matter???? If he hadn't gone out and made a big deal about signing bloody Andrew McFadden straight after PJ sitting around another season waiting for JT to finish we would still have PJ?????

and like someone else said i'm worried about Morris too, especially as he wanted to play hooker and BS went out and creamed his pants publicly over Riddell??? BS has a habit of recruiting big name players in positions where the club already has big name or up and coming players......Hodgson for Schifcofske, Dykes and McFadden for PJ Marsh.....Riddell for Morris......does he just want to piss people off or what????

Jamie obviously didn't like the way things were hapening at Parra and got out

and Manly will be pissed off for various reasons if he does got to Penrith, because they have been *allegedly* making some behind the scenes moves to lets say "persuade" Jamie to come and play for them.....and thats apart from the whole Crusher thing??

The Colonel

Immortal
TE - firstly McFadden was signed after PJ had signed with the Warriors.

I have never had any doubnt that Lyon didn't want to be coached by Smith anymore though I find it hard to understand why he would get his mate Cannings to come if there were problems.

I would have prefereed he stand up staright and and say Smith is the rpoblem rather than play us for fools and say he wasn't.

half

Coach
Belly in Brisvegas said:
I can't believe that I was behind this bloke when he first took off....homesick my arse.
we were lied to. he used a pissweak excuse to get out of a contract he signed

when you're getting 250k per year, if you don't like your boss then tough titties. that's professional sport. he is a man, not a child. he knew smithy was the coach of parra when he signed his contract. weak as piss

bartman

Immortal
PB said:
I to was feeling for him when he left, but if he turns out at Parra stadium in another clubs colours in the near future...

I bet he'll dog that game, if it ever comes to pass. There'd be some welcoming stuff :twisted: in the tackles from the remaining Parra boys, I'd bet!

booeycollector

Juniors
Jamie has lost me. The blokes a C#%k. He left us high and dry when we needed him most. F#$k him let him go to another club. The clubs bigger than any player.

William Hung

Juniors
I really can't believe people actually still defend the guy and include him in 'possible' 2005 line ups. No way would I want the little twig back.

I hope he comes back to the NRL and breaks his neck first game back. He's scum alright...what he did to Parra is unacceptable- he's a big reason for our shitty year- and is THE reason why we sit down on Friday nights and watch Willie Tonga destroy everyone he comes up against.

Wasn't Willie quoted as saying he never wanted to leave Parra but he had Lyon in front of him??? We got rid of the wrong bloke.

True EEL

Bench
why do peopl quit jobs then???

if your not happy with your life or job or directions things are headed, you get out and change things, you don't just sit there and accept it????

The Colonel

Immortal
True EEL said:
why do peopl quit jobs then???

if your not happy with your life or job or directions things are headed, you get out and change things, you don't just sit there and accept it????

Very true, True ;-) but why did he sign a four year deal knowing full well that Smith would be coach for the length of that deal if he had a problem with him? Seems to me that the kid has some growing up to do. I don't doubt there are problems with players and the coach existing together in the club but these players are staying and not letting their mates down.

bartman

Immortal
Colonel Eel said:
... though I find it hard to understand why he would get his mate Cannings to come if there were problems.
That's the one thing that makes absolutely no sense to me in all this. :? Unless Cannings signed up before Cleal left (can't remember the exact timings), and the Cleal episode was Jamie's main catalyst in thinking about throwing it in.

Unreal V

Juniors
Parramatta has shown in the past that it does treat its players with a lot of respect. Giving Viaeleki, Dykes and even Tonga opportunities by releasing them when it was fair that other clubs can offer them more by way of money and game time. Its a pitty that the club was not shown the same respect.

No matter what Smith can not be blamed for Lyon leaving the club, Lyon's parents are to blame for raising such a shit.

bradeel

Juniors
William Hung said:
Wasn't Willie quoted as saying he never wanted to leave Parra but he had Lyon in front of him??? We got rid of the wrong bloke.

to be honest, that is the most shattering part about all of this. Wilie Tonga. Jamie is a fat, beer swilling, pie eating, country bumpkin excuse for a league player and i wouldn't want someone as mentally unstable as him playing for us anyway - who knows? he might just rack off again if the going gets tough.

To me the tragedy is that Willie Tonga couldn't get a start behind our two 'international' centres and now both of them have nicked off. It would be great if blokes could communicate and be a little less selfish wouldn't it?

Eelementary

Post Whore
Couldn't care less.

All that I ask is next time Fui Fui or Cannings plays - target the little pansy.

True EEL

Bench
Jamie signed a contract before things went really pear-shaped and I think Cannings was recruited before everything with Cleal and everything else hit the fan

and now people are attacking Jamie's parents??? Why not attack BS's parents??? it would be the same thing......just grow up..........

and yeah the club treats its players great.....nearly every player barr Hindy and maybe Caylo (and McKinnon for the moment) that BS has given a huge rap to has left or been brushed by the club....its almost become the death nell for really good players, because he holds them on this pedistle and expects them to be perfect from then on and if they are not.....they get the brush.......

examples

John Simon
Shifcofske
Hodgson
Kelly
Drew

just to name a few for specific examples???????????

bartman

Immortal
Unreal V said:
No matter what Smith can not be blamed for Lyon leaving the club, Lyon's parents are to blame for raising such a sh*t.

Nah, sorry. Can't pay that one.

Tonga was not released - was offered a deal and did not sign. Dykes is yet to be released, that could all still be rumour. Vaealiki was released from one year of his contract, but given he has said he was talking to a number of English clubs, it appears Parra may have given him permission to negotiate while out injured.

William Hung

Juniors
True EEL said:
examples

John Simon
Shifcofske
Hodgson
Kelly
Drew

just to name a few for specific examples???????????

Where are those guys now True Eel? Hodgson was going nowhere with us. Sure he's playing well at the moment but wait till next year. He's getting older and he didn't have the ideal rugby league body to start with. Schifcofske had a good couple of years at Canberra but is playing crap now. IMHO it was the right choice to get rid of all these guys.

Jamie on the other hand....it is clear he wishes he was Noel Cleals son, and not merely his boyfriend- Did Jamie have a fallout with Smith??? From what I can gather no...it was all to do with Cleal.

The Colonel

Immortal
bartman said:
That's the one thing that makes absolutely no sense to me in all this. Unless Cannings signed up before Cleal left (can't remember the exact timings), and the Cleal episode was Jamie's main catalyst in thinking about throwing it in.

Cannings's former schoolmate, Eels centre Jamie Lyon, was instrumental in the former Sea Eagle's move to Parramatta.

The duo attended the same school in Wee Waa, played football together as teenagers, and have remained good friends.

"There were some bad things happening at Manly, and I had a few talks with Jamie and he told me what a professional outfit the club [Parramatta] is," Cannings said. "The approach of the club for this season is more professional than anything I've had before and this is the best pre-season I've ever had."

By James MacSmith
February 8, 2004
The Sun-Herald

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/02/07/1075854114774.html?from=storyrhs&oneclick=true

Its baffling but who knows?

William Hung said:
I hope he comes back to the NRL and breaks his neck first game back.

I was going to say I hope he has the worst form of his life but decided against it.

Keep it in perspective mate...I'm sure you wouldn't want that hanging over your head if it did happen.

Latest posts