What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

lyon to penrith?

The Colonel

Immortal
True EEL said:
Jamie signed a contract before things went really pear-shaped and I think Cannings was recruited before everything with Cleal and everything else hit the fan

and now people are attacking Jamie's parents??? Why not attack BS's parents??? it would be the same thing......just grow up..........

I know Jamie signed a contract before Cleal left but I am sure that Cleal was well and truly gone before we signe Cannings. I may be wrong but I can't find when it was Noely got arsed.

As for the parents thing - please Unreal V lets leave them out of it. If you remember rightly they tried to send him straight back when it all happened.

parra_princess

Juniors
Jamie Lyon should never be allowed back into Parramatta again. He's an absolute disgrace to the game and i'm ashamed of myself for ever throwing my support behind the guy for leaving the club for "personal reasons".

Look Brian Smith is a crap coach nuff said. But Jamie Lyon is a spoilt little F*** wit who knows nothing about life. If he had the shits with Smith he shouldn't have signed the contract in 2002 that tied him to the club for 5 years or whatever. And thats the bottom line.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Cannings was held in high esteem, and from what I understand, was due to receive a big pay rise to keep him at Manly.

Perhaps Jamie knew this and said, "Come to Parra," and then the money that would have been spent on Aaron could be spent on him?

In any case, in a few years' time we'll all be like, "Jamie who? All I know is that Ben Smith is our International and Origin superstar!"

Ben Smith will be the next big thing. He's big, fast, strong and a Parra junior.

I hope we play Tahu on the left JUST to mark up against Jamie next year.

:D

Tahu would destroy him.

bartman

Immortal
Colonel Eel said:
I know Jamie signed a contract before Cleal left but I am sure that Cleal was well and truly gone before we signe Cannings. I may be wrong but I can't find when it was Noely got arsed.
I remember Cleal's departure was still during the regular season, as it was a topic of discussion on a game day, but don't remember exactly when.

William Hung

Juniors
Belly in Brisvegas said:
William Hung said:
I hope he comes back to the NRL and breaks his neck first game back.

I was going to say I hope he has the worst form of his life but decided against it.

Keep it in perspective mate...I'm sure you wouldn't want that hanging over your head if it did happen.

Couldn't care less- if he broke his neck it wouldn't be my fault. Wouldn't worry me one bit either. Harsh but i'm telling the truth.

True EEL

Bench
William Hung said:
True EEL said:
examples

John Simon
Shifcofske
Hodgson
Kelly
Drew

just to name a few for specific examples???????????

Where are those guys now True Eel? Hodgson was going nowhere with us. Sure he's playing well at the moment but wait till next year. He's getting older and he didn't have the ideal rugby league body to start with. Schifcofske had a good couple of years at Canberra but is playing crap now. IMHO it was the right choice to get rid of all these guys.

Jamie on the other hand....it is clear he wishes he was Noel Cleals son, and not merely his boyfriend- Did Jamie have a fallout with Smith??? From what I can gather no...it was all to do with Cleal.

Hodgson is on fire with the Tigers.....you have to be honest about that mate, absolutely on fire and one of the main reasons along with Scott Prince that the Tigers are going well and well enough the kick our asses twice, with Hodgson playing well both games

Shifcofske played origin after leaving us and is one of Canberra's best in a club having similar recruitment/retention and player harmony problems as us.........

Drew had problems at Canberra from the start (same as above) and should have been playing hokker not half

Kelly still gets a run (when not injured this year) in a star studded Broncos team that could win the comp??????

Simon never did anything after leaving Parra because BS ruined him

enough said?????????????

The Colonel

Immortal
True EEL said:
Shifcofske played origin after leaving us and is one of Canberra's best in a club having similar recruitment/retention and player harmony problems as us.........

One game in Origin doesn't really count. Hodgie played two in the time that Choc left.

I must say though that when Schifcofske was playing well so was Hodgson. Schifcofske wanted to play fullback and was unhappy about being on the wing in first grade. He and Hodgie could well have formed a good cobination had he stayed who knows. Yes, he did have a falling out wth Smithy though Hodgsons form warranted his selection ahead of Choc.

True EEL

Bench
yes, but we can all see that Wayne Bennett or Choppy Close or someone north of the border doesn't like Choc?????

and yes Choc did have a falling out with BS, just like his replacement, Hodgson, which only serves to add creedence to my earlier point that BS has favourites, falls in love with them, then brushes them if they are less than perfect just once

he can build players confidence levels sky high.......but he can also knock the wind out of them and ruin a player very easily......get my point????

cureme

Juniors
Lyon does not deserve a release after the way he has treated the club, his team mates and the fans. F@#k him, make him sit out the rest of his contract! :evil:

fish eel

Immortal
Aug 04 - Penrith is not in the market for Parramatta centre Jamie Lyon, acting Chief Executive Michael Leary said this morning.

He was responding to media reports that Parramatta had agreed to release Lyon from his contract on the condition that he join the Panthers and no other NRL club.

Lyon walked out on Parramatta in March and has been playing – with the Eels’ permission – for the Wee Waa Panthers in Group 4 of the NSW Country Rugby League.

Admitting that an approach had been made to Penrith by a person representing Lyon, Mick said: “Jamie is an Australian representative player and we could not afford him under the salary cap.

“If we had that kind of money available under the cap we would have been able to retain players of the calibre of Amos Roberts and Paul Whatuira."

from panthers web site

COACH STERLING

Juniors
As if our CEO didn't know that the panthers can't afford him. It looks like his up to some of his tricks again.

fish eel

Immortal
As long as mnaly are getting there nose out of joint, its all good!

Isn't it great to hate manly again?

fish eel

Immortal
Me either.

They're just giving us more reason to hate them.

My hatred dates back to the first eels game I went to. they beat us 19-10 in a major semi. hated 'em ever since. The dramas in the 70s were a touch before my time.