What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lyon to suspend decision until July

Agent Mulder

Bench
cardinal said:
Be patent people Lyon is coming home and with him the 2007 premiership. His manager is the king of dragging things out eg Gasnier, but trust me it is a done deal. This is as much about Parra calling the shots with the announcment, as there will be some other news about signings, remember it is the club who chooses when to announce a signiture not the player. With no morrison, mickinnon, Morris, Widders, Cannings, Burt, Delaney and peterson believe me we are going to have as much cash as anyone to sign new players to go with the great JL. The daily tele and the smh are the papers to believe not the Australian. When Lyon is winning man of the match awards and parra is on top of the table next year you guys will have forgotten about calling him a cat or dog and commending Fitzy on the side we have in 07.

I hope you are right mate, I do find the Australian a bit dodgy as they don't really have much NRL in it and as someone said there are no player or player manager quaotes in that piece.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Agent Mulder said:
I hope you are right mate, I do find the Australian a bit dodgy as they don't really have much NRL in it and as someone said there are no player or player manager quaotes in that piece.

take it from me, he's shafted us and our management are absolutely spewing.

junior009

Juniors
Gronk said:
At the end of the day, there is a limit that we can pay for him and that amount must be below what Hindy gets paid.

You might be suprised to know that Hindy's not the highest paid player in the team...by a fair margin.

Gronk

Staff member
junior009 said:
You might be suprised to know that Hindy's not the highest paid player in the team...by a fair margin.

Guys I am positive that when we signed Tahu for a reported $400k or something ridiculous that management (or at least BS) came out and assured Hindy that he was the highest paid player in the club :?:

Stagger eel

Staff member
Gronk said:
Guys I am positive that when we signed Tahu for a reported $400k or something ridiculous that management (or at least BS) came out and assured Hindy that he was the highest paid player in the club :?:

read Daz and Juniors post..they're on the money, and Tahu's not on 400 mate..not by a long shot.

Well I smell anti-tampering, he has obviously had talks with another club before June 30. There is no reason why he would of held it off unless he has and is signing elsewhere.
Poor Mick Hagan what has he got himselve into coming to Parra?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I dont hold much faith in the anti tampering regs

anyone can approach a player on behalf of some one else

how many players were signed up in th first few days of July last year

I dont believe these deals are done in a day or so

Parra Guru

Coach
I'm with HJ and Nikki on this. I stopped posting negative JL comments because of the 'how dare you' attitude.

I'm not going to say I told you so, but I wasn't confident he would sign. I knew he would use our club AGAIN for his own benefit.

I hope the Eels withdraw the offer for him.

Jamie, go f*ck yourself.

strider

Post Whore
Parra Guru said:
I'm with HJ and Nikki on this. I stopped posting negative JL comments because of the 'how dare you' attitude.

I'm not going to say I told you so, but I wasn't confident he would sign. I knew he would use our club AGAIN for his own benefit.

I hope the Eels withdraw the offer for him.

Jamie, go f*ck yourself.

i'm waiting to see something more official .... but i'll 2nd that one :lol:

Rookie

Juniors
JL is set to again become the most hated player with Parra fans. Can you imagine the first time he runs out in Manly/Penrith (etc) colours at Parra Stadium? There will be verbal blood on the ground!

I hope its not true and he does play with the Eels next year. I would hate to think someone could be so dishonourable as to twice screw the club. It would not say a lot about the honour of the guy.

Personally, we dont need him as a centre and he isnt really proven as a 5/8. That he filled in at St.Helens and did well doesnt mean its a fulltime job for him in the NRL.

BlueNGoldBlood

Juniors
How come this hasnt been printed all over the back and front page of the telecrap and that other one, they usually love putting the boot into parra so its strange neither paper has put up an article

( if either of them have, forget this post :oops: )

IF he doesnt end up at the eels ill be disapointed, but not surprised

Eelectrica

Referee
Rookie said:
JL is set to again become the most hated player with Parra fans. Can you imagine the first time he runs out in Manly/Penrith (etc) colours at Parra Stadium? There will be verbal blood on the ground!
/quote]
Lyon will be out with a mysterious injury that day.

ParraManiac

Juniors
Eelectrica said:
Rookie said:
/quote]
Lyon will be out with a mysterious injury that day.

You are spot on there he will be the most hated player with us. I believed he owed it to us to return and do some good for the team. Instead he has used us to jack up his price.

That is alright though I will be interested to see if Lyon and Orford can win with a premier league side because that is all Manly will be able to afford after signing Lyon.

By all accounts his form at 5/8 hasnt been the best this year in the UK anyway, although he can still be a match winner on his day, which is what we are missing at the moment.

I wouldnt mind betting the likes of Hindy, Cayless and co are just itching to line him up though:x

lucablight

First Grade
There is actually a short snippet about the Lyon thing in the Daily Telegraph. They were also talking about it on 2GB. I seem to recall Roach saying Lyon will not be coming back to Parramatta. Interestingly he is on the coaching staff for Manly. Does he know something we don't?

eelavation said:
take it from me, he's shafted us and our management are absolutely spewing.

How do you know this?

Stagger eel

Staff member
lucablight said:
How do you know this?

I've followed this saga from go to wo and being in a position where I have a little bit of inside knowledge, so let's just say that I've been told.

jayman

Juniors
eela...does that mean hes a definite no show at parra?

or is he still dragging on talks with em?

sign morris i think.. hes blossoming into a nice 5/8...had a bad patch at the start of the yr.. but i think hes playing very nicely

lucablight

First Grade
eelavation said:
I've followed this saga from go to wo and being in a position where I have a little bit of inside knowledge, so let's just say that I've been told.

Do you know of any reason why he changed his mind? If you were a punter would you say he's doing it because he wants more money or he never intended to sign in the first place?

Stagger eel

Staff member
jayman said:
eela...does that mean hes a definite no show at parra?

or is he still dragging on talks with em?

sign morris i think.. hes blossoming into a nice 5/8...had a bad patch at the start of the yr.. but i think hes playing very nicely

I'm not sure whether the deal has been pulled off the table or not but imo he won't be at Parra.

Latest posts