What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lyon was first - He won't be the last

Glenn

First Grade
Pazza said:
So a solid half year in first grade is wiped away because of one dodgy PL match?

Smith is a such a f**k up, he really has no clue anymore! I hope he goes to souths where is it successful to finish anywhere but 15th

No, the trial form was hardly the stuff to inspire confidence in him, unfortunatly Witt is suffering from a confidence slump, It is up to him to get that confidence back and then he will be back in first grade.

Pazza, And who exactly would replace Smith as coach?? Chris Anderson?? Warren Ryan???

Y2Eel

First Grade
[quote="GlennPazza, And who exactly would replace Smith as coach?? Chris Anderson?? Warren Ryan???[/quote]

maybe lyon got sick of the way smith coaches so he decided to take a few weeks of go get his coaching licence and take over?? :lol:

THE KEGG

Juniors
Please dont let it be Keira, NOT keira, NOOOOOOOOOOO [-o< [-o< [-o<

[-(.. My life is coming to an end............. :oops:

Agent Mulder

Bench
Glenn said:
Pazza said:
So a solid half year in first grade is wiped away because of one dodgy PL match?

Smith is a such a f**k up, he really has no clue anymore! I hope he goes to souths where is it successful to finish anywhere but 15th

No, the trial form was hardly the stuff to inspire confidence in him, unfortunatly Witt is suffering from a confidence slump, It is up to him to get that confidence back and then he will be back in first grade.

Pazza, And who exactly would replace Smith as coach?? Chris Anderson?? Warren Ryan???

Yeah and whats wrong with Warren Ryan? he is one the best coaches you'll ever see mate.

I'll love to have him at Parramatta....His record speaks for itself and alot of coaches have just copied him anyway like Hagan and Gould just for starters.

Smith has NOTHING on Ryan...At least Ryan has won a comp...Unlike The "SUPERCOACH"

Well I did hear on the radio that a promising young Parra player had aked for a release and it was deined.
So Worm your source is good mate.

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
dunno about all you guys, but im nervous.
a couple of us have been saying for a long time that smith is usually one of the reasons players leave this club and even though i know that it wasn't the cause of Jamie's disapearance i wouldn't be suprised if the young ones want to get away from him. they see Jamie leave and think its a way out. he is not a good coach. [-(

Goleel

Juniors
Smith IS the reason many players have left the club, trust me on that one. He's also the reason many of these players became good players in the first place. Double edged sword really.

Still, if this year continues the way its going so far, it could be his last.

have a bloody cry people

players leave because of coaches all the time, in all different clubs. players that have left also want to come back, but does that count?

I don't care if your fav player had to move on, have a cry about it and choose another or go support the team they went to, until they move to another and you change again.

once again, have a bloody cry

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
so i can't go for my eels and my favourite players??
im not concerned with what happens to other players at other clubs, im concerned with our players.

thedux

Juniors
Just a point people. Smith only selects who will be in FG then it is up to Matt Cameron to choose the make-up of the PL run-on side. By all accounts Witt did play crap the other night and Thorman was the difference b/w the sides. It's OK to call for the head of Kativerata and Vella after one poor performance but god forbid we criticise a player everyone has taken a shine to.

Misty Bee

First Grade
HJ, don't for a second try and tell us the we shouldnot be concerned abuot Killer leaving. Last year you would tell all and sundry that he was one of your drinking buddies.

maybe you need to 'have a bloody cry' so long as Brian doesn't see you with runny mascara.

BTW, did Killer go to Brians birthday party on the weekend? maybe he lost at 'pin the tail on the donkey' or'pass the parcel'!

Steven Gerrard

First Grade
HJ, why is there anything wrong in supporting some players that have left the club? Michael Monaghan is still missed by alot of us Raiders fans, but that's not going to make anyone change teams and go supporting manly. The players like the support, dont think for a second they dont, players in Canberra like Hodgo still enjoy the support some parra fans here give him. I think u need to seriously look at the bigger picture, have a look how many players have left Parramatta in recent years, and think of what parramatta would be like had they stayed. :?

hey man I still support, for example, Ian, but not even close to how much i support the lowest of the Eels boys.

it ain't the same with some people, unfortunately. I'm not gonna go bagging anyone in particulars, but they know who they are and they would leave the Club in a second to follow a particular player somewhere else.

that's their right and I won't say anything against it, except that they shoul;dn't trumpet around like queens when the Club isn't their priority.

thedux

Juniors
Think of what soccer in this country would be like if we didn't have 160 of our best players overseas. It's a futile exercise. Support should be for those who have stayed not those who sought greener pastures....they can no longer make the club a success.

Sorry Misty, but Jamie was never one of ym drinking buddies, as u put it. I would have a beer with some of them if they ended up back at the Oak (which they tend not to these days due to connections to another establishment), but Jamie was never one fo them. Basically we never got on that well, him being a nice quiet, honest bloke and me being a drunken idiot.

Of course we should be concerned about him leaving, but not for the reasons you seem to be. I couldn't give a rat's ass if he was the best player in the game - first and foremost he is a human being who has feelings and emotions. We shouldn't even care atm whether he comes back to play for Parra, but instead be worried that he is being looked after by family and Club alike, that he is being comforted in his troubled times, and that those who should be doing so are standing by his side, respecting his decisions and are ready to do whatever is needed for him.

If he never comes back to play for us then so what? The bloke busted his arse for this Club since he was 15 - more than ANYBODY who posts here has EVER done. And he is having some troubles atm and all you are worried about is what it means to our premiership aspirations. I am disgusted and appalled by your lack of humanity. As long as Jamie is happy with the choices he is making in life, then I am content with whatever concusion comes of this. I respect the guy enough to give him that