What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

M Witt to be Released

Thanks to a source who told me( he knows who he is) and newmanj for confirming things, I can say that It looks like Witt will be released to another club for next year, deal is not done yet but its in the pipelines newmanj has heard about it as well.

Before everyone goes off crying, Witt is no big loss. He has not got the game to win us a premiership so relax.

bartman

Immortal
I'm in two minds about releasing Witt. Would leave us a bit thin on experience the halves, maybe banking too much on an injured PJ? Unless this release is about freeing more $$$ for another quality signing perhaps [-o<

I reckon Tim Smith is the man for halfback next year, he has the allround halfback game passing kicking setting up plays , directing the team the only thing is I want to see him take on the line more with his running game or improve it.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Witt would be better off under another coach imo anyway. Smith has never been good with halves.

El Duque- Im a critic of Smith but mate u can't blame him you can't teach talent it comes natural and Witt no matter where he goes will never be in top half backs in the game, he will improve as goes a long but will never be a champ half like Sterlo and the like.

If this is true and I have no reason to suspect it isn't from our sources, I'm willing to hedge a bet that he ends up at the Broncos.....anyone?

I have mixed feelings about this....I don't think he has a great running game from half but he is also likely to kick THAT goal to win a GF.

eelavation said:
I know one things for sure, ParraMatt will be on suicide watch after it happens.

Maybe Matt did get that message through to Witty and pushed him over the edge!! :lol:

Maybe he kept badgering him about going out for drinks for his 18th!!!!

Utey

Coach
I agree he just hasnt got the organisational skills to win us a premiership. I hope PJ isnt our halve. He excels at hooker not half.
6 Morris
7 Smith
9 Riddell
14 Marsh
Premiership winning combination