What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

M Witt to be Released

Stagger eel

Staff member
yep!

after the Penrith game I was told by a member of the coaching staff that he is a real possability if we can come to an agreement with Warriars to release him.

Stagger eel

Staff member
well he is an international! but if you ask the majority of Warriors supporters they will tell you they'd be more pissed about losing Marcus than Thomas.

Iafeta

Referee
That was Tevita Latu I think you'll find Cureme.

I would disappointed for you blokes actually, my personal opinion is it takes time for a half to truly develop in the NRL. I think you can come in and show great skill to break the line etc., but lets face it, the main consistent function of a half is to end a set of six positively and direct the team around the park. You only get good at that through experience - I think of blokes like Orford, Finch who personify that. Their previous clubs must be spewing with how they've gone elsewhere, but truth be told their experience has now bound together to let them know how to direct play around for the full 80.

I think Witt will take another year or two (have to be patient with him though and play him in top grade), I think then his natural skill will be supplemented with good experienced organisational habits and he'll lead Parramatta around very well.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I've noticed on the Warriors forum, they've revealed that Leaulai could be released from the Warriors.

Is the timing perfect or just a coincidence :?: :?:

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Is this official, I dont think its true. And I believe Witt will stay for next season and have a better season than this season.

Also Leuilai is sh*tt, dont need him.

cureme

Juniors
That was Tevita Latu I think you'll find Cureme.

Sorry bro i stand corrected!! those names can get so damn confusing sometimes! #-o

I actually commented in another post Iafeta that i too think that Witt will develop into a good player in a year or two but it would appear Parra doesn't want to wait that long. wherever he ends up he will do ok i'm sure.

blackfriday

Juniors
arrggghhhh how can they let him go? he single-handedly saved our season from absolute ruin in 2003 and now they cast him off?

Eels Dude

Coach
This would be a stupid decision if is true. And i'm hoping to god that it doesn't happen. Witt has talent, releasing him after half a poor season is ridiculous and it just shows our current coach is not in touch with the modern day game. PJ is a good player, but he is returning from a serious injury. Morris is yet to prove himself as a consistent performer, neither has Witt but he is still young and learning. If he is released it will come back to bite us.

The Colonel

Immortal
Its a big call if this is the case - all three halfbacks used this season all gone. :roll: To be banking on Marsh after a career threatening injury and two or three young blokes who have had limited or no time in first grade is bordering on career suicide. IMO it wastes the recruiting that has already been done.

Perenara, Green and Smith are all talented kids however what happens if they only play ok this year - will Smith send them packing as well.