What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

M Witt to be Released

Stagger eel

Staff member
damo72 said:
No chance in hell, after the trouble Parra went through to stop Lyon from going there and the current friction between the clubs I highly doubt whether they would let anyone go to Manly. Michael Monaghan is the current captain at Manly and a half back so that would put another spanner in the works, to me Blocker would not have a clue about the clubs recruitment as he is only on their staff part time and as an advisor to the forwards.
There was alot of mention of the Michael Witt possible release on the Continuous Call Team but nothing set in concrete as it is all rumour at the moment, but more often than not, where there is smoke there is fire.

well!

you got from no "chance in Hell" to "where there's smoke there's fire" in about 10 lines!!!

well done.

Personally, I think there's every chance he would be at Manly.

Eels Dude

Coach
Why they would do this is beyond me. Just as I regain faith in Smith and the coaching over smart recruiting they lose my respect by offloading some of our most talented younger players.

Utey

Coach
I will give it till the beginning of the 2005 season to comment. Who knows what could happen. If we start winning it will be because of a halves combination that will work. I dont think Witt has the experience to organise the pack which we have now. 2005 will determine whether or not releasing Witt was the right thing to do. I'll just give it time.

stuke

Bench
every man and there dog has been linked with manly so far this season....they seem to have taken over from us in that regard.

Stagger eel

Staff member
stuke said:
every man and there dog has been linked with manly so far this season....they seem to have taken over from us in that regard.

I'm lead to believe Manly isn't the only club who's after him ;-)

and I agree with UTE! I believe we have enough competion for the 7 jersey with PJ, Marcus, Tim Smith and Blake Green vying for the spot. Morris and Leulai could be options.

RainMan

Juniors
So permission to negotiate with all Clubs? Or just not Northern beaches types of Clubs? :D

He would be a good buy for Manly, Witt at half Monaghan at 5/8.

According to my source (good bloke he is) Saints i believe were intreseted in the Start, but that may have of changed since then.

RainMan

Juniors
Where ever he goes, I feel it will be a loss to Parramatta. Behind a good set of forwards(Parra next year), just about any halfback will look good.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Jake the snake said:
According to my source (good bloke he is) Saints i believe were intreseted in the Start, but that may have of changed since then.

that's what I heard.

Witt is not a loss- just worry about our younger more talented guys who are leaving in droves and who are not happy:

Nathan Armitt
Chris Armitt
Jamie Lyon- The dog
Andrew Ryan
Solomona

The list goes on and on What could be making talent like this leave our club?? IS IT THE COACH????????

PB

Bench
The thing with Witt is. if we had had a half decent halfback over the last two years, Michael Witt would still be this up and coming star, and he would be buyibng his time in lower grades. But he was forced up early by a combination of injuries, poor form and pressure.

now when Witt does return to the lower grades, he doesn't play like a half back with first grade expereince. He has an attitude problem, plain and simple. In premier league he is behind a very competitive pack, but from what i have seen, still leaves the organising to Thorman/Smith. He has to accept that he is very very young for a first grade half back and he can't expect to be there week in wek out.

If he is worried he won't be the first choice half next year and he has problems with that, then ta ta and he can head off to the Cowboys or whereever else he plans to go.

Michael is a Talent, but he is not yet a complete footballer.

Now at the start of the year there were a number of people calling for him to be in the Starting 7 Jumper. He wasn't for a while until he had to be through injuries and dropping Dykes, but still he needs to learn to lead. At the moment he is 21 and wanting the world to be at his feet.

The thing is guys Parramatta is not a club were we build our players up to think they are gods. We are a common mans club, and these players have to be able to relate to that.

Same thing happened with Eric Jnr in my opinion. Perspective is what is required; it is interesting that this is being done, while our Coach is away.

Utey

Coach
Jake the snake said:
Witt is not a loss- just worry about our younger more talented guys who are leaving in droves and who are not happy:

Nathan Armitt
Chris Armitt
Jamie Lyon- The dog
Andrew Ryan
Solomona

The list goes on and on What could be making talent like this leave our club?? IS IT THE COACH????????

I dont think so. But thats just my opinion. Look at the talent we have recruited this year and its evidence that something about our club lures players out of already sucessful teams to our team which hasnt done very well over the last 2 seasons. Who knows maybe without Smith we wouldnt have been able to recruit the talent we have this year.

Don't kid yourself $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ money talks. trust me thats the only reason that they come to parra. Hindmarsh is the Only player in the last 10 yearst that has said "Im a Parramatta man