What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

M Witt to be Released

MarkInTheStands said:
We all know about the end of 2003 season when Brian Smith repeatably sms'd his players about concentrating on the game etc

I am quite up to date on most scuttlebutt about the eels but I didn't hear this one, can you elaborate

Mark...I had heard that he used to text the players leading up to a game about if they are "ready for the big one" or something along those lines as if to switch them on. I can't recall whether it was in the media or one one of the boards. I can't limit it to the end of 2003 however.

Eelectrica

Referee
I seem to recall the SMS thing happening before the game in Brisbane which we won. Maybe Smith should do it more often.

True EEL

Bench
well Shane Flanagan obviously has no talent right??????

only the best young coach in all the NRL ranks who has taken a Jersey Flegg team through to being the only team to win it all in a season in 1000 years..........

wittyz chick

Coach
ok...sorry 2 drag this back to the topic but the thing with 'Witt given permission 2 negotiate with other clubs' is it a definite (as in he's definitely leaving)???

Utey

Coach
Just because of that doesnt mean he will leave. Not many clubs will have room I would think.

wittyz chick

Coach
well the Parramatta club have said he's not given permission 2 negotiate. I emailed 2ue and have been told its not true :D 8)

couldnt help myself ;-) :roll:

True EEL said:
whether Witt wants out or is being forced out..........it all relates to one thing - BS

with BS representing Brian Smith or Bull sh*t.......take your pick????????????

That stick has some honey on it, TE. I do believe that Hindmarsh, Cayless and Vella all resigned with the right to void contract should Brian Smith not be Coach. Even if what you are saying is true, it's case of 'Can't win em all'. I'll let you be the judge when weighing up who we have kept vs. who we have lost.

Jake the snake said:
Hindmarsh is the Only player in the last 10 yearst that has said "Im a Parramatta man

Luke Burt said it when he resigned.

RainMan

Juniors
Not that I believe this paper, but todays Manly Daily has said that Manly are favourites for Witt's signature, with P. Cummings (Manly CEO) saying no comment about it. :roll:

RainMan said:
Not that I believe this paper, but todays Manly Daily has said that Manly are favourites for Witt's signature, with P. Cummings (Manly CEO) saying no comment about it. :roll:

That will just about do me.

True EEL

Bench
William Hung said:
True EEL said:
the club is fast becomming a joke in many ways.............and it kills me

sorry mate, but geez you're a whinger!

sorry mate....but geez you're an arrogant, know-it-all, wanna-be f**k who should shut the hell up

Utey

Coach
We all want the best for our club. No need for that. But in saying this if our halves get injured next year we are gonna be in deep trouble. I think releasing Witt is a bad idea although I dont want him playing in our 1st grade side for 05.

True EEL

Bench
UTE,

if you are referring to my profanity and comments directed at William Hung???

there is no need for this person to continually argue with, disregard and rubbish everything i say on this board on any topic.......i am simply over it

it is my opinion and it should count as such.....sorry if i have offended anyone else