What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

M Witt to be Released

wittyfan

Referee
strider said:
So - will Witty become another of the discards who go to Manly and accomplish nothing there? :?

Oooh, I hope not. Manly is the Bermuda Triangle for promising footballers these days.

mjdj

Juniors
El Duque said:
Manly are weak everywhere :lol:

and with 850k under the cap we still finished on equal points with you :lol:

Witty is more than welcome at Manly. Considering at the moment we have umm yeh whatshisname and some other 15yr old kid :cry:

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
So is it official? Is he released???

I think your management has made a huge mistake if they have done it... I hope he does move to Manly. He is going to be a great half.

t-ba

Post Whore
I doubt it. Witt would have to be really low in Smith's opinion to secure a release to play for Manly.

He'd be quite welcome. Gives Monaghan a chance to play his natural position.

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
I reckon I know what has happened here...

Brian has over heard a conversation Fitzy was having on the phone. All he heard was "We have got to get rid of the half Witt." Typical Brian missed the point and thought he had better get rid of Michael.

wittyz chick

Coach
So far Redback I think its still a rumour. This thing happened at the start of the season wasnt true then and im HOPING its not now! :cry: [-o<

eelsta

Bench
Sea_Eagles_Rock said:

Brian has over heard a conversation Fitzy was having on the phone. All he heard was "We have got to get rid of the half Witt." Typical Brian missed the point and thought he had better get rid of Michael.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
WE WISH ;-)

bartman

Immortal
Hollywood Jesus said:
Now these incidents may have slipped past me, but have we, prior to this year, had previous incidents of bailing out on contracts (from either side) without fully honouring them? Armits, Vaealiki, Lyon, Cleal, Witt etc - I don't think bailing on contracts is the Parramatta way (or a good way to run things generally)
You're right HJ, it shouldn't be the Parra way. And I think it has only started to happen more often in the last two years or so...

We can all only guess at why - I think it relates to an effect of 2001 - but whatever it is it should be sorted out, so our players don't get to the stage where they feel like they want to leave their contracts.

But in the meantime, what choice to we have? :? Make a player play against their wishes (or sit out costing $$$) to honour their contract whilst we (as a club) do nothing about addressing whatever problem/issue that caused it?

damo72

Juniors
I can't see Parramatta releasing anyone to go to Manly due to the JL affair, Wayne Bennett has a high opinion of Witt so if he went anywhere I wouldn't be surprised if he went there. In saying that I think he should be given a chance behind a decent forward pack that is performing and then we can all pass judgement on him.

bartman

Immortal
Right on Damo. I do hope it works out that Witt doesn't (want to) go, as he should be our first choice at half and given a decent chance.

True EEL

Bench
Sea_Eagles_Rock said:

now that's what i call comedy................lol :D :D :D

True EEL

Bench
whether Witt wants out or is being forced out..........it all relates to one thing - BS

with BS representing Brian Smith or Bull Shit.......take your pick????????????

MC

Juniors
strider said:
Don't know if this has already been said...but I was listening to 2GB on the way home from cricket and there was a guy on (don't know his name - but he calls games alot - not Ray thank god - I would have turned it off had he been on), with Blocker.

They were discussing player movements for next year....Witty's name was brought up...and the guy said to Blocker, maybe u can tell us something about where he might be going....and Blocker seemed cagey - and just went - mmmm, maybe somewhere with a bird mascot.....and the other guy said yeah, Manly.

Now I don't know if Blocker is a reliable source or just a gibberer....but maybe there is something to it cos Blocker is on the Manly training staff.

So - will Witty become another of the discards who go to Manly and accomplish nothing there? :?

Andrew Moore was speaking about MC Hammers email ;-)

damo72

Juniors
No chance in hell, after the trouble Parra went through to stop Lyon from going there and the current friction between the clubs I highly doubt whether they would let anyone go to Manly. Michael Monaghan is the current captain at Manly and a half back so that would put another spanner in the works, to me Blocker would not have a clue about the clubs recruitment as he is only on their staff part time and as an advisor to the forwards.
There was alot of mention of the Michael Witt possible release on the Continuous Call Team but nothing set in concrete as it is all rumour at the moment, but more often than not, where there is smoke there is fire.

Latest posts