What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mad Dog 2009 Poll

MAD DOG TO STAY ON FOR 2009??

• KINGHTS SIGN HIM FOR 2009

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • MAD DOG... ON YER BIKE!

Votes: 18 42.9%
  • SIGNS WITH TOULON FOR $5 MILLION

Votes: 14 33.3%

• Total voters

knights_maniac

Juniors
I reckon he could go another year, his experience and senior role could do a great deal for our younger crew up and coming...

perverse

Referee
for the most part he's been a valuable asset to us this year... but i mean im sure he's playing for absolute peanuts and would be stupid to not go off to japan or whereever and earn a nice little bonus for the twilight of his career.

despite going off to souths for a stint and not getting on the field for half his career.. he's been a good clubman for us and, particularly in the last 2 years, has just been hanging around helping out the younger guys and doing what he needs to for the team. i'll always have a soft spot for doogs. i'm glad he didn't retire when i was calling for his head in round 3 or whenever it was earlier in the year... as from that point on he really turned it on for us.

Jono078

Referee
Still does some stupid stuff and misses games still.

But has been one of our best attacking backs besides Gidley.

I think he is doing a Kennedy and playing every game like it's his last and that's why he's going good.

He may aswell finish up while he is on top.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Go out on a high and in form big fella. Thanks for the memories and dont let the door hit ya in the arse on the way out ;-)

Burwood

Bench
I don't get the hard-on for McManus in the centres. He has been good on the wing, but I haven't seen anything from him in first grade that would convince me to throw away a player like MacDougall who provides a wealth of experience. If he is happy to stay in Newcastle and play more of a mentoring role to our younger guys (ie premier league with first grade appearances to cover for injury) than we should certainly throw the old dog a bone.

NK Arsenal

Juniors
there is no place in the backline for him unfortunately

and he misses every 2nd game anyway, no big loss

Johns Magic

Referee
I don't get the hard-on for McManus in the centres. He has been good on the wing, but I haven't seen anything from him in first grade that would convince me to throw away a player like MacDougall who provides a wealth of experience.

Me either

KniGhTs BaTTLeR

Juniors
I don't get the hard-on for McManus in the centres. He has been good on the wing, but I haven't seen anything from him in first grade that would convince me to throw away a player like MacDougall who provides a wealth of experience. If he is happy to stay in Newcastle and play more of a mentoring role to our younger guys (ie premier league with first grade appearances to cover for injury) than we should certainly throw the old dog a bone.

I never saw anything from Luke Lewis to show he could play halfback and that worked. Mcmanus should be playin center eventually, get someone quicker on his outside.

Burwood

Bench
I never saw anything from Luke Lewis to show he could play halfback and that worked. Mcmanus should be playin center eventually, get someone quicker on his outside.

The keywords there are should and eventually. There's no doubt that one day McManus could make the switch successfully, but until he proves himself at the top level I think we should be doing everything possible to keep a guy like MacDougall at the club. In terms of experience, ability, and, perhaps most importantly, asking price I don't see a better valued centre in the NRL.

Joker's Wild

Coach
The keywords there are should and eventually. There's no doubt that one day McManus could make the switch successfully, but until he proves himself at the top level I think we should be doing everything possible to keep a guy like MacDougall at the club. In terms of experience, ability, and, perhaps most importantly, asking price I don't see a better valued centre in the NRL.

What else does he need to do exactly?

Exellent reads in defence - tick
Strong kick returns - tick
Safe under the high ball - tick
Find the line with little space - tick
Minimal errors - tick
Performs consistantly every game - tick

Couldnt ask much more of a 1st grader in his 2nd year really

aqua_duck

Coach
Just misses too many game to be a valuable asset, and with Junior Sau going great guns I think we're fine for centres next year with Sau and Wes getting 1st crack and Lulia, and Issac as back ups

Johns Magic

Referee
What else does he need to do exactly?

Exellent reads in defence - tick
Strong kick returns - tick
Safe under the high ball - tick
Find the line with little space - tick
Minimal errors - tick
Performs consistantly every game - tick

Couldnt ask much more of a 1st grader in his 2nd year really

Slow - tick
Unexplosive - tick
Lack of passing game - tick

All of those first four qualities you listed are qualities you look for in a winger, not a centre.