What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mad Monday

mozza91

Coach
How good was Ken to Lewis - 'I don't understand why players can't just sit at a pub, have a few quiet beers, not dress up but instead have to take it to the extreme'.

Kent must not have seen anyone drink before if he thinks passing out and vomiting is 'extreme'.
He went on about how miners can’t just go and have 6 beers during their lunch break and go back to work. He was trying to make a point but Christ knows what the f**king point was.

Mick Benson

Juniors
He went on about how miners can’t just go and have 6 beers during their lunch break and go back to work. He was trying to make a point but Christ knows what the f**king point was.
Didn’t see it but Jesus, what on earth could the point be? If the miners couldn’t have 6 beers after a 6 month shift in the mine he might have something

taipan

Referee
First IMO the Dog's players ,should have had a security guy with them, arranged by the club.The pub should not have continued to serve alcohol to p*ssed people fullstop.It's against the law I understand to do so, called responsible drinking

I'd ask Kent the question, why was it so, a sport's reporter charged for DUI twice,allowed to continue to work for the Daily Telegraph, one who piously directed instructions to NRL players how to behave.

no name

Coach
How good was Ken to Lewis - 'I don't understand why players can't just sit at a pub, have a few quiet beers, not dress up but instead have to take it to the extreme'.

Kent must not have seen anyone drink before if he thinks passing out and vomiting is 'extreme'.
Kent is either the most miserable boring merkin to grace the earth, or he has forgotten what it was like to be in his 20s. Or both.

Even if they did just sit at a pub with zero drama, he would find a way to make it a crisis.

Zerô

Juniors
On ch 7 news tonight, they asked how it was any different to the Merrin nudie run video, and they received a statement from Penrith saying it was done in private.

At the stadium
While Fox were filming a promo
In front of ~30 people
Filmed and put online

You can't make this shit up!

horrie hastings

First Grade
No, it wasn't visible to the public.

Go have a look where the venue is (right next to railway line on Harbour Bridge at The Rocks). Can't get more secluded.

Go look where the private terrace is (3 stories up, tucked away with no side or rear access).

Put simply, there is absolutely no way these photos were taken from a standing position. Standing on a 4WD possibly (at a pinch), but most likely taken from a hired scissor lift with a 200+mm telephoto zoom.

In other words, this was pre-medidated by the media. As for how they knew, probably staff / a staff member tipped the media off that the Bulldogs would be there.

index.php

Maybe the journos took the photos from the bridge climb return path :sweat_smile:

carcharias

Immortal
“I just do not understand the fascination with footballers who want to take their clothes off … it’s idiotic.”
Todd Greenberg. 4/08/2018

It’s been a good day.

PARRA_FAN

Coach

Kent was trying to make a point about not getting carried away but that was a ridiculous comparison.

The minors don't have 6 drinks during lunch break because they are WORKING. The Bulldogs had the DAY OFF. Of course they're entitled to 6-10 schooners during the day. Its like a Christmas Party, your boss tells you to enjoy yourself after a long year, provided you don't break the law.

Unfortunately for those Bulldogs players they were caught by the media and its been splashed over the newspapers.

Ok the blokes stripping off was stupid but other pictures like blokes throwing up the street, sleeping, passed out in front of the pub. I just happened to see people do that last Friday night.

I cant believe the hypocrisy in the media.

Its like they haven't been out on the drink and done something stupid.

Then they would say something like these guys are role models and getting paid $$$$$.

btw I wonder how much money the people taking the photos got?

horrie hastings

First Grade
The pub should not have continued to serve alcohol to p*ssed people fullstop.It's against the law I understand to do so, called responsible drinking

That’s the bit I don’t get, working in the industry I am very mindful of the responsible service of alcohol but you go out to many venues and see staff still serving people who are off their chops, some of the stories you hear when you go to the Liquor Accord meetings would make you laugh if they weren’t so serious. I really think some of the staff at this pub who continued supplying alcohol will be hit with heavy fines and will be lucky if they still have a job.

Suitman

Post Whore
I hope they had a good time.
Everything else is just media over blown hype.
f**k News Limited and their pathetic "so called" journalists.

AJB1102

First Grade
There is nothing more I detest than the paparazzi, or members of the media using paparazzi type tactics. We all know what the media can be like. But people still read papers and watch the news. Stuff like this sells papers or gets viewers. It also gets threads like this going where we have at least 150 responses. If people didn’t want to read about it than they could, maybe should not buy the Telegraph. In today’s paper, the same edition as the Bulldogs story, the Telegraph crowed about the large numbers of readers the paper has. So whose fault is it that the Telegraph runs such stories, them or their readers who seem to crave over such stories, buying the paper and encouraging the paper to continue such tactics. It’s like the drug people, who is at fault, the users who demand it or the dealers who sell it.

Clubs know that they will be watched on Mad Monday, so like it or not they have to take measures, maybe even extreme measures to ensure they don’t get caught. Or, just maybe the better option is not to do stupid things like the Bulldogs did.

You know, it is utter nonsense. Society has to know every bit of gossip about celebrities, be they sporting, music or movie stars. Hell, even some politicians are in the same boat. What is this fascination some people have with wanting to know gossip about our sporting stars. I don’t give a stuff as to who is f**king whose wife, or whose dog, but some people get their rocks off by knowing. The Telegraph say that one of the most read sections of their paper is the confidential part. What does that tell you about society? You know who killed Princess Di? Not the paparazzi taking the photos or the magazines who paid big money for them and published them. The people who killed the princess were the people who buy the gossip magazines. The buying of these magazines feeds the media frenzy for the photos. So instead of blaming the media for taking photos or filming the incident, blame the people who get their kicks out of watching them.

I am glad I got that of my chest.

Didn't you say you were a subscriber in another thread? Is this all your fault?

Reactions: ___

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Just a polite reminder this is the same paper that keeps Paul Kent and Phil Rothfield "relevant". The undisputed kings of sanctimonious wankers.

DC_fan

Coach
Didn't you say you were a subscriber in another thread? Is this all your fault?

Yeah I subscribe. So it is people like me and probably some others here also, who help create this problem. I would cancel the subscription, but I have an elderly family member who likes to read the paper. One thing I try do though, is by pass all the crap. Sometimes that is difficult to do when it is plastered all over the front page.

Meapro Ham

Juniors
Yeah I subscribe. So it is people like me and probably some others here also, who help create this problem. I would cancel the subscription, but I have an elderly family member who likes to read the paper. One thing I try do though, is by pass all the crap. Sometimes that is difficult to do when it is plastered all over the front page.

Bypass all the crap? What does that leave? The cross word? Anything else?

Willie Ray

Bench
Kent and Creepy Crawley are getting off on this. Why do people who get paid to report on Rugby League hate it so much?
What a wormy-gutted bunch they are...
and those so called "journalists" didn't have to go and hire a scissor-lift to take those photos,
they borrowed it off Crawley....it's his private one that he uses to get on that high horse of his.

___

Juniors
There is nothing more I detest than the paparazzi, or members of the media using paparazzi type tactics. We all know what the media can be like. But people still read papers and watch the news. Stuff like this sells papers or gets viewers. It also gets threads like this going where we have at least 150 responses. If people didn’t want to read about it than they could, maybe should not buy the Telegraph. In today’s paper, the same edition as the Bulldogs story, the Telegraph crowed about the large numbers of readers the paper has. So whose fault is it that the Telegraph runs such stories, them or their readers who seem to crave over such stories, buying the paper and encouraging the paper to continue such tactics. It’s like the drug people, who is at fault, the users who demand it or the dealers who sell it.

Clubs know that they will be watched on Mad Monday, so like it or not they have to take measures, maybe even extreme measures to ensure they don’t get caught. Or, just maybe the better option is not to do stupid things like the Bulldogs did.
What a great idea. Let's stop our end of season celebration and change our lifestyle and Mad Monday traditions because everyone walks around these days with a camera phone.

Great idea genius :rolleyes:

Latest posts