What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mad Monday

mave

Coach
Clubs know that they will be watched on Mad Monday, so like it or not they have to take measures, maybe even extreme measures to ensure they don’t get caught.

Like barricading the players at their own home ground, behind locked gates, etc, etc ?

Only for the media to picket said gate all day, and send choppers overhead to manufacture a story out of nothing ?

How more extreme than that would you like the clubs to get?

DC_fan

Coach
What, so just because people decide that they have a right to know what happens in your private life, they do?

Everyone on this forum has decided they have a right to know what you do behind closed doors DC Fan. We don't care if you agree with us or not, we have that right. Please immediately change everything about yourself, because we don't like it. Cool with that?

It's utter nonsense.

You know, it is utter nonsense. Society has to know every bit of gossip about celebrities, be they sporting, music or movie stars. Hell, even some politicians are in the same boat. What is this fascination some people have with wanting to know gossip about our sporting stars. I don’t give a stuff as to who is f**king whose wife, or whose dog, but some people get their rocks off by knowing. The Telegraph say that one of the most read sections of their paper is the confidential part. What does that tell you about society? You know who killed Princess Di? Not the paparazzi taking the photos or the magazines who paid big money for them and published them. The people who killed the princess were the people who buy the gossip magazines. The buying of these magazines feeds the media frenzy for the photos. So instead of blaming the media for taking photos or filming the incident, blame the people who get their kicks out of watching them.

I am glad I got that of my chest.

mave

Coach
You know, it is utter nonsense. Society has to know every bit of gossip about celebrities, be they sporting, music or movie stars. Hell, even some politicians are in the same boat. What is this fascination some people have with wanting to know gossip about our sporting stars. I don’t give a stuff as to who is f**king whose wife, or whose dog, but some people get their rocks off by knowing. The Telegraph say that one of the most read sections of their paper is the confidential part. What does that tell you about society? You know who killed Princess Di? Not the paparazzi taking the photos or the magazines who paid big money for them and published them. The people who killed the princess were the people who buy the gossip magazines. The buying of these magazines feeds the media frenzy for the photos. So instead of blaming the media for taking photos or filming the incident, blame the people who get their kicks out of watching them.

I'm guessing you work for the Tele.

You were blaming the clubs 5 minutes ago, now it is the general publics fault for reading the "news".

themacemaceman

Juniors
There was naked farmer running around in the rain last week....... according to the media it was absolutely hilarious.

Naked footballer ......scandalous apparently!

First Grade
The point nobody has addressed is, what the f**k are grown men doing hanging out naked together and fondling each others genitals weird f**ks.

Springs09

Juniors

Ah right yes of course, those poor DT journalists are forced into writing garbage because people like garbage! It's not their fault they have to hide in the bushes to photograph footy players just to feed their starving children.

And those poor paparazzi, forced to hound Princess Diana, driven by the whips of the merciless slave driver housewives who glance over celebrity pics for 5 seconds a day in their women's mags.

If you choose to spend your life making money off geniuss who waste their life gossiping rubbish about celebrities then you are just as bad, f**k off with this shit.

Zerô

Juniors
NRL players need to learn from the AFL on how to do mad Monday.

Dress up as something cute like the Mario Bros.

Wave to the cameras as you walk down the street to the pub, strike up a convo with the TV crew.

Have a few sneaky beers in the front bar, preferably light beers with low carbs.

Then once everyone is satisfied, haul arse into a minibus straight to the airport.

Jet of to Vegas where you will spend 10 nights in the company of sub standard hookers, and have more white powder than Everest, and all the titties in the world to snort it off

carcharias

Immortal
NRL players need to learn from the AFL on how to do mad Monday.

Dress up as something cute like the Mario Bros.

Wave to the cameras as you walk down the street to the pub, strike up a convo with the TV crew.

Have a few sneaky beers in the front bar, preferably light beers with low carbs.

Then once everyone is satisfied, haul arse into a minibus straight to the airport.

Jet of to Vegas where you will spend 10 nights in the company of sub standard hookers, and have more white powder than Everest, and all the titties in the world to snort it off
Have we met?

Xcalibre

Juniors
Players let their hair down for one day of the year and media parasites crack out telescopic camera lenses and hide in bushes waiting for a story.

https://realsport101.com/news/sports/rugby/rugby-league/nrl-sad-monday/

This article hits the nail on the head!

If it wasn't for the Telucrap, most of society would be completely oblivious to the shenanigans of this and other mad monday celebrations. As they should, unless something criminal has occurred. Instead, the DT has exposed the delicate snowflakes and kids to it, the same people they're claiming shouldn't have to see this sort of thing.

Bunch of hypocritical morons.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
The point nobody has addressed is, what the f**k are grown men doing hanging out naked together and fondling each others genitals weird f**ks.
Got any plans for Saturday?

JamesRustle

First Grade
Telecrap, just heard ch 9 Today anchors and hadley in some mock outrage like all ' journos' are sanctimonious hypocrites . Yes this is nothing like the logies or radio after parties at all. Apparently Karl whatshisname thinks it brings the game into disrepute.
Was Hadley's son a participant or an enabler at the event? Or just a merkinstable?

Headless Chook

Juniors
This article hits the nail on the head!

If it wasn't for the Telucrap, most of society would be completely oblivious to the shenanigans of this and other mad monday celebrations. As they should, unless something criminal has occurred. Instead, the DT has exposed the delicate snowflakes and kids to it, the same people they're claiming shouldn't have to see this sort of thing.

Bunch of hypocritical morons.
These media arse clowns should be charged with stalking. I take it’s ok to take photos of someone who is naked on private property without their consent, then to publish said photos for financial gain. Ok then, good as gold.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
There are discreet places they can go. Just got to be mindful of the public eye.

For instance, last August I was in a location where three senior Roosters had a good old time in the executive lounge. Shook hands, had a laugh and off they went undistrubed.

No media present but prying eyes are everywhere so it’s tough for them.

If the media saw what I did, careers would be over.

Leave the merkins alone I say. We’ve done the same shit I’d say.
A few years ago the Bulldogs had their Mad Monday at Belmore Sports Ground. They locked the gates so the public couldn't get in.

The media sent a chopper over the ground and then sent a female reporter down to poke them with a stick. The Dogs players bit back and viola, there was the story.

It was the most contrived horseshit ever