What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mad Monday

Mick Benson

Juniors
Jayne Azzopardi. They weren't even talking to her, they were talking to themselves inside their own complex and one player called another player a dog or something along those lines yet Jayne who was trying to listen in from the fence cried foul. There is absolutely no shelter from these journo scums.
Conclusive proof that the problem here is gutter journalism.

I do think a closed door function would have been a better idea on the club's part, but as we've already seen even that isn't enough to avoid the Helen Lovejoy brigade.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
I used to work in the media (wasn't a journo, but close enough) and this sort of mud-raking bullshit is exactly the reason I left. Largely an industry of parasitic bottom-feeders (not all of them, but a lot) who revel in the misfortune of others and will stop at nothing for a 'story'.

This is never a story if no one's hanging around with cameras. If you're hanging around a site with cameras on the off-chance something will happen, you're not a reporter. Nothing's happening. You're scum. Same as Azzopardi a few years back and any low-life that hangs around an end-of-season party, knowing full well they're there to sniff something out on the off chance it happens. If something illegal kicks off somewhere and you go to report it, fair enough. But this is as low as it gets.

The guy is naked...dunno if anyone else said it but Merrin gets nude for a video and it's all fun and games, yet apparently according to a certain site I read (that I used to work for, and is now as close as bad as it gets) it's 'vile' and 'a black mark' etc. f**k me. It's a guy with his clothes off. Journos don't get that though, by and large, because they've never been part of any sort of frivolity or joking around. No one got hurt, there's no abuse, just a guy with no clothes. Move on.

Frailty

First Grade
The NRL needs to come out hard against this sad excuse of a paper. Revoke their credentials, and ban access to teams, officials, press conferences, and games.

News Limited rely on rugby league for viewership - take that away and their income takes a massive hit. We have numerous news outlets who can report objectively without relying on exaggerated and doomsday fiction.

Closest competition in the world, an open final series, TV, crowd, and membership figures up, and all the News Ltd press report on is lies about NRL management, breaking a self-reported potential salary cap breach of 37K, and players getting loose on Mad Monday.

The NRL does not benefit from News Ltd, but News Ltd. certainly benefit from the NRL.

themacemaceman

Juniors
Meh.... Boys will be boys.
No children, woman or animals were harmed.
Just a normal Saturday night out in any town.
There are blokes ( and chicks) who do this every weekend maybe multiple times per weekend.
Let these blokes let their hair down for one day per year.

Exsilium

First Grade
Of course it’s too far.

If the media had a proper relationship with the game and it’s players, do you think they’d be out to sling mud?

f**king cannibles

axl rose

Bench
The NRL needs to come out hard against this sad excuse of a paper. Revoke their credentials, and ban access to teams, officials, press conferences, and games.
Nah, let the fake news MSM die a natural death. These sort of stories and their panel shows stirring up fake controversy are their last desperate gasp of breath. They are doomed and they know it. It's not as though they have any credibility to lose.

Last edited:
NRL Mad Mondays hit new lows? News have obviously forgotten when Rob Lui went home two Mad Mondays in a row and belted his missus, one of which she was pregnant.

Blokes get pissed and strip off... Gee that's never happened before.

carcharias

Immortal
You do realise that pub is short for public though?
Ey?

Anyway I heard Hadley on ch 9 describe it as the middle of the CBD.
What bullshit.

It is literally under the harbour bridge.
It’s on a hairpin corner in a quite back street.
Across the road is a car park and then the bloody water.
There is no other business nearby.
Terraces across the road.
And on a rainy Monday the only pubic there would’ve been the cocks from the DT with their zoom lenses in the car park.

Low merkins.

DC_fan

Coach

112 votes in 25 minutes, 91% thinking this has gone too far.

It doesn’t surprise me that the vote is so one sided. Most people here are so anti-media, especially News Ltd that of course they were going to vote YES.

The problem could have been solved if the Bulldogs put on their idiotic display behind close doors where the media and public most likely would never have heard about it.

meltiger

First Grade
Imagine following guys around all day who are getting paid 10 times as much as you hoping that they’ll do something stupid and considering yourself a journalist. What absolute pathetic human beings these guys are

Pretty much this lol

Silly lads but still.

Generalzod

Immortal
I used to work in the media (wasn't a journo, but close enough) and this sort of mud-raking bullshit is exactly the reason I left. Largely an industry of parasitic bottom-feeders (not all of them, but a lot) who revel in the misfortune of others and will stop at nothing for a 'story'.

This is never a story if no one's hanging around with cameras. If you're hanging around a site with cameras on the off-chance something will happen, you're not a reporter. Nothing's happening. You're scum. Same as Azzopardi a few years back and any low-life that hangs around an end-of-season party, knowing full well they're there to sniff something out on the off chance it happens. If something illegal kicks off somewhere and you go to report it, fair enough. But this is as low as it gets.

The guy is naked...dunno if anyone else said it but Merrin gets nude for a video and it's all fun and games, yet apparently according to a certain site I read (that I used to work for, and is now as close as bad as it gets) it's 'vile' and 'a black mark' etc. f**k me. It's a guy with his clothes off. Journos don't get that though, by and large, because they've never been part of any sort of frivolity or joking around. No one got hurt, there's no abuse, just a guy with no clothes. Move on.
wholesome family values paper