What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Madden 11

Monk

Referee
I love Madden 11. Although in saying that, if it was a bare minimum game of NFL, i would love it.

Geezus, I just read Paullyboy's comment :lol:

My man, you really are living in a sheltered world! Madden isn't even the best football sim out there let alone contending for ANY tag as to being the best sports game. Please. Give me a break. Madden is a joke and it preys on consumers like you who don't play other sporting titles. See MLB The Show. See NBA 2k11. They are the two best sporting titles out there. Play NCAA 11 and you will see a football sim yet it still isn't near the other two games I mentioned.

The absurdity of this post is unbelievable! It seems like you are taking it personally that Paully likes to play Madden and that people like paully are the reason that Madden isn't as good as it could be.

Although, I'm pretty sure your life is ruled by video games, so maybe I can understand your anger. I don't know.

The 18th Man

Juniors
The absurdity of this post is unbelievable! It seems like you are taking it personally that Paully likes to play Madden and that people like paully are the reason that Madden isn't as good as it could be.

Although, I'm pretty sure your life is ruled by video games, so maybe I can understand your anger. I don't know.

What's absurd is:

1. You believing one would take a post on an internet forum as "personal" :lol: Get a life brother. I am sure Paully gives sweet FA as to what I think and the same applies with I.

2. You putting words in my mouth,

people like paully are the reason that Madden isn't as good as it could be.
You have taken the post as personal when in actual fact it isn't which blows me away given you have jumped right in shooting from the hip. The written word is easily misinterpreted and for what it's worth, Paully I am sure doesn't need his hand held here.

Step down from the soap box.

3. You coming up with "I'm pretty sure your life is ruled by video games" :roll: Ok. Got me.

You don't do this forum thing too well. At least try a little harder if your are going to jump all over someone.

4. Given you took the liberty of assuming a whole lot in that BS post, I will do the same.

If we are being honest, your still smarting from me calling you out as a phoney in the Auburn vs Oregon thread :lol: You now want to go out of your way to get even. Unlucky, you have failed again. You looked a fool there, you look the fool here. As long as your consistent I guess Alfie.

5. You end with,

I don't know.
Fitting. Truer words never spoken. You don't know do you Alfie? Your a bumbling fool who spews any BS off the top of his head and on to this forum when you get a spoon full of Internet Tough Guy from mummy.

Enjoy your Sunday afternoon. Look forward to more quality from you in the future Alfie.

Last edited:
Godamn, I just wrote a big response and then clicked on something else on the page and lost all I wrote. Maybe I am the genius here.

Long story short, pretty funny you're calling me an internet tough guy when I'm calling you out on your tendency to personally attack people in posts.

I wonder if you're like this in real life, someone says something you disagree with and then you fly off the handle. I bet you aren't like that at all, probably timid but gets it all out on the internet. Athough it's tough to assume this, since you probably don't have a lot of human contact, after all you have massive essays about NCAA football playstation games to write about!

The 18th Man

Juniors
Edit: No need for my reply. I will take the high road and let sleeping dogs lie as they say.

For the record: Madden 11 is a small improvement over Madden 10 though the Madden 10 jump from 09 was huge. All in all, for such a big company, EA Sports is doing a terrible job with this gaming franchise. Next Gen consoles offered a new era for the Madden series and whilst they have improved, the jump hasn't been anywhere near as the majority expected. If you compare it to say NBA 2K11, it ain't even close. Each to their own.

Last edited:
ouch, is that a parting shot i detect? anyways, I'm over arguing as well, it's getting us nowhere....back to madden.

I have played a little bit of it lately and I have noticed I don't really like anyones playbook particularly besides baltimore.

when did they get rid of create a playbook? that was awesome. they need to bring that back.

also its way too easy to just sign hester, heyward-bey etc. and hail mary your way to the superbowl lol.

The 18th Man

Juniors
ouch, is that a parting shot i detect? anyways, I'm over arguing as well, it's getting us nowhere....back to madden.

I have played a little bit of it lately and I have noticed I don't really like anyones playbook particularly besides baltimore.

when did they get rid of create a playbook? that was awesome. they need to bring that back.

also its way too easy to just sign hester, heyward-bey etc. and hail mary your way to the superbowl lol.

We agree on something.

The developers seem to have no game plan for the game itself and in turn you get an improved product albeit not one making the advancements the technology available would allow.

It's frustating to see sports like the NBA, NHL and MLB have games that are as close to sports sims as you get yet the NFL is left to the way side (hell, even FIFA has overtaken PES). Madden sales dropped this season, hopefully the loss of $$ will wake the developers up and we see an improvement like we did with the release of Madden 10 from 09.

Last edited:
and if they do bring back the create a playbook, they need to let you use it on franchise mode, not only exhibition mode!

Ladmate

Bench
Why did they take out "Trick Plays" playbook? That was the playbook I used when I was bored, and it was challenging and insanely fun.

Ladmate

Bench
haha, theres a few trick plays around, you just gotta find them. theres a fleaflicker in the steelers playbook

Nah, trick plays had:
Double pass plays, where you pass to a WR then he passes the ball to someone else.
Halfback passes, where the QB tosses the ball to the HB then he passes the ball.
Flea Flickers
Wildcat passes
WR reverses

Many more types of plays, but that playbook was the best.

Paullyboy

Coach
Wow, this thread sort of exploded.

Interesting to read everyones thoughts on better sports games. I certainly am willing to say I'm not the authority on this as I haven't even seen any of those other games you are talking about (other than FIFA, and I very much disagree that it is a better sports game than Madden - but then again, I only care about franchise stuff, maybe FIFA is better at online on whatever you guys dig).

I might look into the NBA game next time I'm at a JB.

stormbati

Bench
So are there any trick plays left?
Especially interested in the 2 pass play. I just wish they'd let you put any player you want into any position you want.

Anyway, I'm loving Madden 11.

Ladmate

Bench
So are there any trick plays left?
Especially interested in the 2 pass play. I just wish they'd let you put any player you want into any position you want.

Anyway, I'm loving Madden 11.

There is still the wildcat and the flea flicker, unfortunately I haven't found the Double Pass plays or the HB pass. Even then, I doubt they would be in the same playbook.

macavity

Referee
NCAA11 >>>> Madden 11 by the length of a DeSean Jackson punt return.

Unfortunately, my wife ruined my copy of NCAA11..... :(

I have tried to get back into Madden, but the truly awful franchise mode kills it for me. I have also tried the superstar mode, but it crashes for me all the time now - due to injuries my superstar (a RB) also gets put on as a linebacker - which makes the game crash.

I have given up and am addicted to Gran Turismo now, so no gridiron games for me until NCAA12 hits the shelves.

I will be buying NCAA12 the day it comes out... but probably won't buy Madden12 at all.

abpanther

Staff member
I've never played NCAA before, always stuck to Madden, can those who say it's better explain why? What features make it better? I too really enjoy the offline franchise mode in Madden, can I find a similar fix in NCAA?

Latest posts