What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Madden 2012

Frederick

Staff member
There's a draft guide out there on the interwebs that details all the A and B players in each draft for the 30 years. Can't remember where I found it but will have a look when I get home.

DiggerBlue

Juniors
It's good to do a couple of drafts in a row just to get a good feel of when the computer drafts who when as well, make sure you get the best line up you can.

Raider_69

Post Whore
I usually have two-three seasons going at once,

one which i do it all myself and really try and stay at the top. Play on all madden, draft properly, no 4th down plays unless the game calls for it, adjust the sliders etc al

one which i alter my team and stack it to the hill with no cap, but still draft normally... ive got Vick throwing to Megatron, Fitzgerald and have Djax in the slot, with CJ in the backfield sharing a 50/50 time share with McCoy
Nnamdi and Revis on the outside, Reed and Polamalu in the middle, Ware and Cole on the ends, with Jenkins and Suh in the middle of the line, Willis at the MIKE, Mathews (Clay... obviously Casey sucks) and Suggs at OLB... i play on pro and just beast teams, its pretty fun when im drunk

and finally 3rd, which is one where in the first season or 2, i trade and cut everyone decent for draft picks, traded jenkins, nnamdi, asante, vick, maclin, mccoy, peters etc all for 2012-2013-2014 picks and load up on the best young talent i can and see how i go... this is the one where i like to have a draft guide :D

haha yeah i kinda do a think like ur 3rd franchise. I cut anyone good and always refuse to re-sign anybody even if they are the best player in the game and use the draft guide. kinda fun.

one which i alter my team and stack it to the hill with no cap, but still draft normally... ive got Vick throwing to Megatron, Fitzgerald and have Djax in the slot, with CJ in the backfield sharing a 50/50 time share with McCoy. Nnamdi and Revis on the outside, Reed and Polamalu in the middle, Ware and Cole on the ends, with Jenkins and Suh in the middle of the line, Willis at the MIKE, Mathews (Clay... obviously Casey sucks) and Suggs at OLB... i play on pro and just beast teams, its pretty fun when im drunk

How on earth do you get a stacked team like that? Even when there's no cap, there is no "unrealistic" trades option. I've never seen those players hit FA either!

abpanther

Staff member
Just finished Red Dead Redemption, gonna unwrap this baby now.

So does anyone here actually play each other? No thought of doing an online franchise?

Raider_69

Post Whore
How on earth do you get a stacked team like that? Even when there's no cap, there is no "unrealistic" trades option. I've never seen those players hit FA either!

i stack them in the rosters part of the My Madden before i start the season

i try to even it out a bit, so for Megatron, i sent Detroit Maclin, unfortunately since i wanted to keep Jackson for the slot, it ment the poor Cards ended up with Steve Smith
for CJ, i sent the Titans Ronnie Brown :lol:

dogslife

Coach
I'm finding something rather annoying. In superstar and franchise mode, after 4 weeks the game seems to get stuck in Breast Cancer week, and stays like that for the rest of the season, there's something about pink gloves that throws me off:)

i stack them in the rosters part of the My Madden before i start the season

i try to even it out a bit, so for Megatron, i sent Detroit Maclin, unfortunately since i wanted to keep Jackson for the slot, it ment the poor Cards ended up with Steve Smith
for CJ, i sent the Titans Ronnie Brown :lol:

Ahaha nice.

And by "poor Steve Smith", I hope you mean the washed-up, injured NYG version, not the kick ass-defense destroying Carolina version.;-)

God-King Dean

Immortal
I'm finding something rather annoying. In superstar and franchise mode, after 4 weeks the game seems to get stuck in Breast Cancer week, and stays like that for the rest of the season, there's something about pink gloves that throws me off:)

Yep, happened to me too. Stopped at about Week 15. In the second season I doesn't do it.

abpanther

Staff member
I played an hour or so earlier today.

I find it really annoying that you can't change the controls, why did they go and have to change the sprint and strafe buttons? Bloody annoying

The game looks brilliant, but I don't like the franchise menu at all