What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

major announcement friday

watatank

Coach
I really don't think soward will stay with us. I think he'll see out his contrac and then off he goes.

There's also more rumour from Andrew Webster about dragons joining the chase for cronk.
All sounds ridiculous though. If we can afford Stewart then how can we afford cronk? But anyway if true you would think they are looking to help replace sowie

if we're going for cronk it's most likely because we're not going for stewart

jenninga

First Grade
if we're going for cronk it's most likely because we're not going for stewart
I know my credibility is shot after this thread,but i have been saying that Cronk signing for us is not out of the question for while.If true i'm sure i will be forgiven.(source will not be named but is involved in the club).

KiamaSaint

Coach
Anyone who complains about rumors not coming true need to chill. I remember reading in the leader years ago that Laurie Daley was coming to the Dragons. After that saga i realised that until you see it on a Dragon press release only then can you confirm it, and if they are a Tiger's player, only when they actually pull on the Red V.

moik

Bench
I did a quick search of old '07 and '08 threads yesterday and in the space of 30 seconds found we were about to sign-
Tony Carroll
Darren Lockyer
Brett Kimmorley

and Matt Cooper wanted out of the club.

Sick of the media bullshit. Until someone puts pen to paper, and been granted an official release, it's best to ignore any rumour you might hear.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Hey, he didn't say which Friday... maybe we should ready ourselves for next week. ;-)

Jeninga, just take any 'reliable source' with a grain of salt. Seriously, half the time the board members of any club don't know what's going on. The fringe dwellers know a little but it still amounts to 75% guesswork.

No one knows for sure what's going on in the minds of others.

Speaking of reliable sources.

I have a workmate who is good friends with the Stewart's old man Barry. I asked him what he thought of the rumours of them coming to the Dragons. He said Brett is staying with Manly but Glenn is "coming home".

Obviously its not concrete evidence. But its makes sense with regards as to why the dragons let Beau Scott go. There are not a heap of better second rowers than Scott but Glenn is certaintly one of them. Also if Manly had to shed players to remain under the cap they are more liekly to get rid of the lock rather than the fullback.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I have a workmate who is good friends with the Stewart's old man Barry.
It never ends. Just need a dog and pizza delivery boy in sitting in the same bar and we'll have a full house.

Oh sorry Shellharbour, I thought you were taking the piss. ;-)

KiamaSaint

Coach
Speaking of reliable sources.

I have a workmate who is good friends with the Stewart's old man Barry. I asked him what he thought of the rumours of them coming to the Dragons. He said Brett is staying with Manly but Glenn is "coming home".

Obviously its not concrete evidence. But its makes sense with regards as to why the dragons let Beau Scott go. There are not a heap of better second rowers than Scott but Glenn is certaintly one of them. Also if Manly had to shed players to remain under the cap they are more liekly to get rid of the lock rather than the fullback.

That would be awesome. Oh the irony. First time around we wanted Brett and not Glenn, this time we want Glenn and not Brett.

hardbaby

Coach
Yep Glen is staying at Manly but taking a pay cut so the Eagles can retain Brett. His dad's given Glen a rent-free move-home deal thus helping the Eagles and both his sons.

redvforlife

Juniors
my brother's cousin's fish's wife's daughter's dog's cat said that Dragons are calling a press conference to announce there'll be a press conference for Friday to announce .... nothing.

Latest posts