What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Major League Baseball

Valheru

Coach
White Sox fan here. I can’t see us contending for the division or 1 of the 2 wildcard spots this year. Having said that our 2-2 start is better than I thought it would be.

The 21st perfect game in Major League history was thrown today by White Sox right-hander Philip Humber against the Mariners in Seattle. Great story as this guy had to go through a lot before he became a full time Major League pitcher.

Looks like Mariano Rivera's career may be over after suffering a season ending injury while chasing a fly ball during batting practice.

Horrible way for anyone, let alone one of the greatest ever players to end their career on. :(

Another huge game from a pitcher today. Johan Santana tosses his first no-hitter and the first in Mets history. Glad for him after the year he had last year.

Valheru

Coach
Well the 2012 season has been half completed with the all star break upon us. The division leaders are NYY, CWS, TEX, WAS, PIT and LAD. I am pleasantly surprised that the White Sox are 1st but I think a massive challenge form Detroit will be coming in the 2nd half. I am on the Washington/Pittsburgh bandwagons. It’s good to see some different teams doing well especially the Pirates who haven’t had a winning season for 20 odd years.

I expect at least 2 teams not leading their division at the moment to win their divisions. The most likely candidates being Cincinnati and SF IMO. The wildcards look very open and a non AL East wild card is starting to look likely especially if both Texas and LAA continue to do well. I expect the NL wildcard to come from the east.

Word is Robinson Cano's father is being chased by several franchises after throwing a no-hitter in the home run derby.

The postseason is just around the corner. Pretty big last day of the regular season tomorrow. The Rangers and A's play off together for the division title. Baltimore still have a chance to tie with the Yankees for the division.

Snoochies

First Grade
Well done A's. Think there will be a sequal made now.

Hopefully Blackley and Balfour get some press time over here, what they have achieved with that team is unbelievable.

Sweep the Sox and clinch the AL East on the same day. Does it get any better? Rangers and Orioles are both quality sides though, whoever we play it's going to be a tough series.

Red Bear

Referee
on texas eary to win the ws,got them in multis at 15.shattered last yr after having st louie on the ropes
you'd be spewin, their job got a fair bit harder with wild card play off followed by the Yankees if they get through that.

Hope its as good as last years post-season, world series was awesome.

I follow the Cubs by the way, great year:sarcasm:

Latest posts